Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Huns after Foster? Confirmed - Velicka to Pittodrie in year loan deal

I'm not liking this deal in the slightest.......for once i agreee with giving foster dogs abuse!!!...

will he get to play against us?!

Why the fuck should he get dogs abuse - according to Redweb he didn't even know about it until around 4pm today - doesn't sound like he was given a choice

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the fuck should he get dogs abuse - according to Redweb he didn't even know about it until around 4pm today - doesn't sound like he was given a choice

Agreed.

Sounds like he's been pushed.  I can only assume we are somehow financially better off with this deal!

I would be inclined to agree that on first impressions it seems like a good deal for AFC. However, put it in context - there are two hours until the transfer window closes, Velicka has not played in years, we have not one full back in the squad, and 6 strikers competing for one place. Madness.

I would completely disagree.

On first impressions it's an absolute abortion of a deal for us.

If, and it's a pretty massive if, this means we get Bassey and another couple of players (probably another FB and a midfielder of some sort) and if Velicka stays fit and reproduces the form of 3-4 years ago then it might be ok.

Currently our first team squad (from redweb):

Keepers 2 (Howard, Langfield)

Full Backs 0

Centre Backs 4 (Diamond, McArdle, Considine, Ifil)

Wingers 2 (Aluko, Pawlett)

Centre Mid 2 (Folley, Hartley)

Utility Mid 1 (Young)

Strikers 7 (Magennis, Vernon, Mackie, Maguire, Paton, Megginson, Velicka)

Youth Benchwarmers 3 (Jack Midfielder; Shaughnessy Defender;  Robertson Defender)

That is utterly mental! 

What in the name of fuck has gone on? Am i imagining this or have we just swapped our only recognised full back, and lets face it one of our stronger players last season, for a rangers reject who has struggled to play let alone score? And not taken anyone else in? I've been very patient with afc over the last few months but this is fucking madness. What is it now, 6 or 7 strikers? Playing 1 up front? And no full backs?

Jesus fucking wept. I'm off to follow turriff united...

don't agree foster should get dogs abuse either, sounds a bit like he's been told to go rather than asked. Save the abuse for the fuckwit in charge...

McGhee in January:

"We have also agreed a deal with Foster and I expect him to sign before the game against Hearts on Saturday.

"Foster is a lot better on the ball than I realised before I came here.

"He is very good in the air for his size and in the last two months he has been our most consistent player. I am thrilled he's staying as I think he will be really important for the way I see this team developing in the future.

"Mark Kerr's out of contract and I am really keen he stays as well but if he does leave Fozzy is candidate for the captaincy."

Something's certainly changed!!! 

Just do not get this deal. We get rid of our only full back to bring in yet another striker. A striker who has not been fit for two years into the bargin. Can only assume that Foster was on a decent wage and has been let go to free up funds and would also assume huns are paying wages for Velicka.

If we get basey in i will be happy enough! Foster can fuck off to the hun - hes shite, would love it if hes playing against us!

Terrible bit of business if this is our last move, but great move if it means getting a bonafida left back in!

Velicka isnt a bad striker to take in, the guy has a really impressive scoring record.