Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hartley: DEAL IS DON (sic)

We all know that Aberdeen Journals use The Hat and DonsTalk as their primary source for all their football "reporting". Someone should make a thread saying "Jimmy Calderwood is being lined up to replace Mulgrew at left-back" and it would be in the paper imorn.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that Aberdeen Journals use The Hat and DonsTalk as their primary source for all their football "reporting". Someone should make a thread saying "Jimmy Calderwood is being lined up to replace Mulgrew at left-back" and it would be in the paper imorn.

He is? Awesome.

It's on the website: http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100728/hartleys-deal-is-don_2212158_2104711

would copy and paste but shitty work IE won't allow me

BBC website

Aberdeen have signed Paul Hartley on a two-year contract and made the Scotland midfielder their new club captain.

The 33-year-old, capped 25 times, has been released by Bristol City after a year at Ashton Gate.

Hartley was a near ever-present for the Robins last season, scoring five goals for the Championship club.

However, with his family remaining in Scotland, he was keen on a return home and City manager Steve Coppell consented to his early release.

Hartley spent two seasons at Celtic before his move to Bristol City and rose to prominence as a central midfielder during his time at Hearts.

He had been strongly linked with a return to Tynecastle but Hearts manager Jim Jefferies has made more attack-minded players a signing priority.

Defender Zander Diamond will be Hartley's vice-captain at Pittodrie.

Bristol City manager Steve Coppell has also revealed that Bradley Orr and Jamie McCombe are on the look out for new clubs.

[/quote[

Guest leith_red

decent squad is only half the battle

getting them to stop playing like a bunch of Mizers is another matter

Youv'e seen mizer play football, too?

Good signing, still not my favourite but welcome aboard!

Probably the best candidate for captain too, be nice if we got another solid signing.

Btw pissing myself at Jeffries wanting more attack minded players, as well as ones Mad Vlad deems "good to have about the place".

Agreed, I'm pleased we've got him and he's certainly a much needed addition (if it wasn't him, it had to be someone else of similar experience) and the captaincy won't faze him.  Had it been a choice (it may well still be) between him or Hendrie I'd have gone for Hartley, a steadier hand I'd say.

I had heard we were supposed to be announcing a double signing today, hope this doesn't now mean we're not getting Williams.

Agreed, I'm pleased we've got him and he's certainly a much needed addition (if it wasn't him, it had to be someone else of similar experience) and the captaincy won't faze him.  Had it been a choice (it may well still be) between him or Hendrie I'd have gone for Hartley, a steadier hand I'd say.

I had heard we were supposed to be announcing a double signing today, hope this doesn't now mean we're not getting Williams.

McGhee said in his RedTV interview that Williams was offered a deal a few days ago but hasn't responded yet.

Said we are focusing on Basey now.

McGhee said in his RedTV interview that Williams was offered a deal a few days ago but hasn't responded yet.

Said we are focusing on Basey now.

Having not seen him play, was he really worth it? I hope he decides to accept the deal and he's our double signing today that BB was talking about.