Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hartley: DEAL IS DON (sic)

I`ve got it on good authority Hartley WILL BE going back to Tynecastle.  My local town side Duns played a Hearts XI last night and after their 2-0 success in a fundraising exercise for the Berwickshire team Jim Jefferies spoke about him bringing the ex-Jambo captain up the road for a second stint with the Gorgie club within the next few days.

So just watch this space.  And if by some miracle Hartley does join us I`ll apologise whole heartedly and sack my spy! 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the need for your comment.

In fairness i often don't get the need for my comments myself but the useage of the word "exclusive" was a touch of sarcasm, in that it is hardly an exclusive given that we all already know where he'll end up. thats the problem with the written word I'm afraid, the meaning can get misconstrued.....no big deal.

Next  ???

Onwards and upwards

Apparently interviewed by local rag regarding the fundraiser after the match and the subject was brought up to which Jim Jefferies replied;

"He`ll be signing shortly."

Mind I still can`t believe Duns only lost 2-0 compared with when Hibs were down for the first time in fourteen years last September and won 10-1!  The Easter Road club are back on Thursday August 12th

kick-off for 6.45pm at Gavinton just outside the town although don`t think they`ll bring as strong a side as last term what with the Europa League qualifiers on the horizon.

It`s also 13 years since I interrogated Jefferies for a school project in The Executive Lounge at Tynecastle.  God seems SO LONG AGO!!! 

I've read this at least 7 or 8 times now, and still don't understand the last two thirds.  All the words seem to be English, but beyond that I'm at a loss.  Is anyone able to translate  or otherwise shed some light on the ramblings?

Nellie, it`s not rocket science.  Duns Amateurs the team who play in my town had a charity match against Hibs in September 2009 to raise funds for a new set of changing rooms losing 10-1 in the process.  Neil Oliver ex-Falkirk defender is the Dingers' manager at the present moment hence why he called on Yogi Hughes' U-19`s to again provide the opposition for a rematch on Thursday August 12th 2010 as first time round the Borders club had accumalated £1500 which is a lot of money for them.  However Jim Jefferies and his crew were also dragged into the latest brainstorming scheme and only won 2-0 Thursday night just gone compared to the thrashing The Hibees dished out last year. 

I interviewed Jefferies for a school project on how a locally based person does their job.  Me and a friend were thinking outside the box what with Jefferies being from Lauder and got an invite to Tynecastle`s Executive Lounge to do our stuff.  Still have the hour plus long exercise on tape.  Mr Christie the P.E. teacher filmed us.  Actually approached Hibs to talk to Jim Leighton but we turned them down when they offered just 15 minutes with the guy.  Was a big disappointment for us because I wanted to meet an Aberdeen legend and Andrew my pal loved Jimbo and was a junior Hibee.       

Nellie, it`s not rocket sciene.  Duns Amateurs the team who play in my town had a charity match against Hibs in September 2009 to raise funds for a new set of changing rooms losing 10-1 in the process.  Neil Oliver ex-Falkirk defender is the Dingers' manager at the present moment hence why he called on Yogi Hughes' U-19`s to again provide the opposition for a rematch on Thursday August 12th 2010 as first time round the Borders club had accumalated £1500 which is a lot of money for them.  However Jim Jefferies and his crew were also dragged into the latest brainstorming scheme and only won 2-0 Thursday night just gone compared to the thrashing The Hibees dished out last year. 

I interviewed Jefferies for a school project on how a locally based person does their job.  Me and a friend were thinking outside the box what with Jefferies being from Lauder and got an invite to Tynecastle`s Executive Lounge to do our stuff.  Still have the hour plus long exercise on tape.  Mr Christie the P.E. teacher filmed us.  Actually approached Hibs to talk to Jim Leighton but we turned them down when they offered just 15 minutes with the guy.  Was a big disappointment for us because I wanted to meet an Aberdeen legend and Andrew my pal loved Jimbo and was a junior Hibee.     

Remarkable lack of clarity.