Al Aluminium Thread

2-1 dons now

if it stays this way the table will look like this

G P W D L F A GD

1. Arab Contractors 2 3 1 0 1 3 2 1

2. El Alominiom        2 3 1 0 0 3 3 0

3. El Ittihad            2 3 1 0 1 3 3 0

4. Aberdeen            2 3 1 0 1 2 3 -1

To be honest, I'm not too fussed about these results. Yeah, it'd be nice to win. But if it means sacrificing matches in what is supposed to be our pre-season training to allow JC to tinker with formations, personnel and tactics, then so long as he gets it right when it counts (ie against Dundee Utd) then I'll be happy.

Sure it'd be nice to win against these Egyptian teams. But let's remember, they're friendlies that JC is using to tinker.

as I have said elsewhere:

better to get a confident, assured defensive setup given the loss of RA than fucking about with stupid ideas like Touzani at RB and Hart in the middle. Also Maguire was in central midfield tonight, why?

We cannae train properly due to the heat so we might as well get something from this shambles of a trip

Never was a great idea to go out there in the first place. Still I expected us to win and after all the supposed hype we were getting in Egypt we should have been looking to qualifying.

The most disappointing thing is that Mondays game will probably be our last pre-season game, so hopefully it will be taken seriously (meaning no Touzani at RB or Maguire in CM) as I don't want us risking players in the Locos game a few days before the Utd game, knowing our record with injuries.

My mate just text me to gloat........."Haaha beaten by an alloy"  :(

Now that we cant qualify for the final, we should leave as soon as the 3rd game is done. But knowing AFC and only going to Egypt as it was free, the flights wont be exchangeable and they will be stuck out in the heat unable to train. :hammer:

My mate just text me to gloat........."Haaha beaten by an alloy"  :(

Now that we cant qualify for the final, we should leave as soon as the 3rd game is done. But knowing AFC and only going to Egypt as it was free, the flights wont be exchangeable and they will be stuck out in the heat unable to train. :hammer:

Solution:  MYSTERIOUS HEAT IN NORTH OF SCOTLAND

Temperatures in Aberdeenshire have been smashing all records.  Even Global Warming experts are baffled as to the 45 degree Celcius readings this January... ;D :lol:

Two defeats, some bizarre tactical choices, players unable to train properly due to heat... Still, at least it was cheaper than playing Ajax in Aberdeen.

amazing how a closed season can make you forget about the shambles that is afc and get all optimistic for the coming season, yet this feeling is quickly lost after just a few weeks of pre-season.  I'm getting increasingly worried about our opening games

That settles it - Next year's preseason needs to be North American!

H'min this is Aberdeen we're speaking about..... we don't do things like that, unless of course you know someone out there prepared to underwrite the costs and pay us shit loads of cash for coming out there ;)

Why not:

• they fly over on Zoom Airlines £200 Return.
  • the CSA hook up matches V the men's national team.
  • they play a friendlies against Toronto FC, Montreal Impact, & Vancouver Whitecaps
  • Money can be sourced through the Canadian Soccer Marketing & Development Group

Add a team or 2 from England, Italy and Central America and this could be a sweet tournament,