Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Losing patience with McGhee

Ultimately the board have made a fucking mess of the club financially and have divided the support.  I would like to see an apology and a head or two roll.  This may help draw a line under this sorry episode

Absolutely agree with your first sentence.  However, who should apologise for what?  And whose head should roll? Milne is the guiltiest of the guilty, he's not going to sack himself and without his guarantee at the bank etc etc.

I don't know if you're saying this as "ideal scenario" and you may know there is little chance of this ever happening, but if they apologise for one thing, where do they stop with the apologies? 

They could be there all fucking day.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how you can be so certain about MM's ability.  It is horrendous that people are talking about the past during his tenure.  He is an AFC legend.

Err, I didn't say anything certain about MM's ability. Read again, and you'll see I said time will tell if McGhee is the right man or not.

Time (maybe another 2 years) will tell if McGhee is indeed the man to do this. There are little signs now and then that he IS the man to bring us to the next level. But I'll hold full judgment on him for another year.

I did say there were little glimmers of hope that he could be the right man (see vs Rangers @ Pittodrie, vs Hearts @ Tynecastle). But I am certainly not heralding him as the new messiah yet. But I'm not gonna have him fired just six months into one of the toughest jobs in Scottish Football.

What did everyone have for dinner tonight? I had some baked ham, followed by a nice cup of tea and a cherry bakewell. Right now I'm having supper. It's the first time I've eaten tripe with my eyes. I wouldn't recommend it, at all.

Still, the Cherry bakewell probably took the sting out of it.

If we split the Old firm next season, and/or win the Scottish cup whilst finishing in the top 4 (at least), I'll consider the management change to have been a success. Meanwhile, I'll look nervously at the league table and the forthcoming fixtures and hope we'll be able to hang onto our spl status this season, and pray for a victory at Starks Park on Saturday.

Despite my feelings about Jimmy's departure I still want the team/manager/club to go from strength to strength.

However, I reserve the right to change my opinion when LondonScottish tells me it's wrong.  :thumbsup:

Guest rocket debris

He most certainly did however he backtracked very quickly when people pointed out what an arse he was being by uttering such ridiculous notions.

It is not a productive use of one's time to be debating with ants like minijc et al. The virgin blamed Clangers for the goal on Tuesday. There is the most definitive evidence of his uselessness, behind his dysfunctional libido.

To expend energy using the defunct defect as an example in any "debate" however, cheapens the authenticity of the experience. My innards shuddered. Twice.

Err, I didn't say anything certain about MM's ability. Read again, and you'll see I said time will tell if McGhee is the right man or not.

I did say there were little glimmers of hope that he could be the right man (see vs Rangers @ Pittodrie, vs Hearts @ Tynecastle). But I am certainly not heralding him as the new messiah yet. But I'm not gonna have him fired just six months into one of the toughest jobs in Scottish Football.

He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy.

However, I reserve the right to change my opinion when LondonScottish tells me it's right:thumbsup:

fixed :thumbsup:

Oh aye, that one. A few weeks before fatty got the dunt.

Any evidence of some protestors willing the team to lose that day, or was it another post of unadulterated shite?

The manner of yer pish on the hat prior to and subsequent to the departure of the previous manager kind of pishes on any type of excuse you may have on this. But hey, it's a transitional season, it doesn't matter, MM is god etc etc etc to fade . . . .

I said a less favourable result would bump up numbers, not the same thing as wanting us to lose or even that I valued numbers at the protest over a win that day.

If we lost that day, numbers had been up - fairly obvious logic there, rather than wanting my team to lose.

Still, no matter what the result that day, it worked eh? Jesus. You still feel no embarrassment about that day at all do you?