Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Losing patience with McGhee

I'm not sure I can endure another home performance like the last two.

Sadly I fear McGhee isn't up to the job.  Some folk can talk about "transitional" seasons all they like but we are not doing the simple things correct - at the back we are an absolute joke (Ifil is shocking and needs dropped asap), and we have no style of play whatsoever (we are neither passing it on the deck, or hoofing long balls - fuck knows what we are supposed to be doing!). Getting extremely frustrated, and if we continue to play like this we could get dragged into a relegation battle.

The last two home games have been like something out of the Paterson era.  :hammer:

There were some serious pissed off folk tonight.

McGhee's transfer dealings need to be questioned also.  I'm not commenting on Paterson and MacLean but Ifil and Grassi are both rubbish.  While I am far from being a fan of Maguire, all we seem to have succeeded in the transfer window is reduce our number of options up front - and this was pretty much the number 1 area of concern so far this season.

Saturday is massive.  It's one thing getting knocked out of the cups by lower league opposition, when we normally still have a chance of Europe, but the season could be well and truly over on Saturday.

McGhee might be working with limited funds and limited quality of players, but he should be doing a lot better with both.

Things need to turn around or I will consider not renewing for the first time in 10 years.  Nothing worse than sitting in sub zero conditions watching a team who haven't won at Pittodrie in decades play us off the park, and create far more chances than us.

Cue knee jerk reaction accusations...

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the "told you so" brigade to appear.

DT had a reasoned level of debate over the last few years but I know this thread will descend into a discussion about JC and how the JMGers did this, said that, make excuses etc etc etc

Yeh but a lot of that is down to the circumstances of the departure of the 2 Jimmys - they had just taken the team to a top 4 finish and a place in europe and then they were gone - THE SAME DAY

Then we have to pay compensation to them and to Motherwell which allows almost nothing for players - no wonder folk are still going on about it

Absolutely nothing this season has made me think that we would have been worse off sticking with them

I honestly cannot see us finishing in the top 6

I can't wait for the "told you so" brigade to appear.

DT had a reasoned level of debate over the last few years but I know this thread will descend into a discussion about JC and how the JMGers did this, said that, make excuses etc etc etc

the people who were in support of JC have every right to say I told you so. They were derided and ridiculed for a full season for saying that it was stupid to oust Jimmy so as unhelpful to the situation as it is be prepared for the pelters that will inevitably come.

Yeh but a lot of that is down to the circumstances of the departure of the 2 Jimmys - they had just taken the team to a top 4 finish and a place in europe and then they were gone - THE SAME DAY

Then we have to pay compensation to them and to Motherwell which allows almost nothing for players - no wonder folk are still going on about it

Absolutely nothing this season has made me think that we would have been worse off sticking with them

I honestly cannot see us finishing in the top 6

Do not mention the Jimmys, apparently that contributes nothing to the debate. I'm not sure what the debate should be anymore. We are fucking pish, really abysmal and not much is changing that. We don't look like damaging teams, we are "Worse" when we were promised "Better".

There's a fucking debate. What is not fucking debateable is the fact we are fucking pish and just got owned by the fucking bottom team and pumped 3 scud by one of our nearest competitors.

Fucking debate that little stat. Assuming the level of debate is high enough and hasn't descended too much into a slagging match. 

the people who were in support of JC have every right to say I told you so. They were derided and ridiculed for a full season for saying that it was stupid to oust Jimmy so as unhelpful to the situation as it is be prepared for the pelters that will inevitably come.

That's veering towards "I told you so" territory.

Cheapening the debate about how fucking shite we are.

If he wasn't going to do it in August, he should have done it in January... and that's getting rid of Mark Kerr and the Invisible Man. 

Midfield, and centre midfield in particular is the most important area of the pitch. These two heartless, clueless fuckers are indicative of AFC's malaise.  Get your midfield right and it's half the battle, our midfield hasn't looked right all season.

You lot are terrible, I deliberately didn't even mention Calderwood in the O/P.  ;D

I'm basing my stance on McGhee only being able to piss out of the cock he's got, and at the moment he's pissing on his shoes.

If he wasn't going to do it in August, he should have done it in January... and that's getting rid of Mark Kerr and the Invisible Man. 

Midfield, and centre midfield in particular is the most important area of the pitch. These two heartless, clueless fuckers are indicative of AFC's malaise.  Get your midfield right and it's half the battle, our midfield hasn't looked right all season.

But instead he made them captain and vice captain.

Is this the case with Hibs as well?

They are doing really well with a new manager. A manager who was in a relegation battle last season.

In fairness to McGhee, Hughes joined Hibs following them having gathered a significant amount of money over the last five years from selling players, meaning he has had the funds to pay the wages of the likes of Stokes, Liam Miller, Riordan and now Alan Gow, any one of which we would struggle to pay.

To put it into webchatspeak (tm rocket crash)...

People will say "I told ye so" until London_Scottish, Stoney, Minijc and the merry JMG (as described by some tube in the Daily Record) admit they got it wrong, and the JIG will say "I told ye so" until the JMG are proved right and say "I told ye so", rightly or wrongly  ;)

emmmmmmmmmmm...

whit?