Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Losing patience with McGhee

Guest rocket debris

I think the manager has a lot of the blame and responsibility now.

I think the chairman shoulders most of the responsibility historically. Though I suspect your history may not stretch that far back somehow.

I agree. This team is not performing. The league position doesn't lie. The manager is judged by his results. I agree also with the history. Mine is into the sixth decade of supporting AFC. This is why the dungies holding on to differentiation positions such as MMG and JIG is ignorant. It's ok to agree with the truth. It's not ok to argue for the sake of it merely to distinguish oneself as being different.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rocket debris

People holding on to such fanciful ideas that those kind of people exist are just as thick.

Agree. But whereas the creation of such fancies may have originated elsewhere, the perpetuation of them exist in here.

Agree. But whereas the creation of such fancies may have originated elsewhere, the perpetuation of them exist in here.

There is an element, as padre and others have mentioned, of "see, fucking telt ye!" which is merited, a little, given the ridiculously outspoken nature of the outpourings about JC's tenure and the equally overstated ability of MM.

That said, it is little early for the "telt ye's", probably myself included but I don't hold MM in particular disdane, I hold the board responsible, not entirely but largely for spending money we supposedly didn't have for players. Investment that would really made a difference to either JC or MM.

They don't exist, it suited a particular agenda at the time and yes has been continued here but in general more in slagging the arsewipes who continue to peddle myths about McGhee's abilities. 

There is an element, as padre and others have mentioned, of "see, fucking telt ye!" which is merited, a little, given the ridiculously outspoken nature of the outpourings about JC's tenure and the equally overstated ability of MM.

That said, it is little early for the "telt ye's", probably myself included but I don't hold MM in particular disdane, I hold the board responsible, not entirely but largely for spending money we supposedly didn't have for players. Investment that would really made a difference to either JC or MM.

They don't exist, it suited a particular agenda at the time and yes has been continued here but in general more in slagging the arsewipes who continue to peddle myths about McGhee's abilities.

It's also a guilty pleasure to mock the afflicted.

Try not to look intelligent by using alternative vocabulary. The ineffectualness of your thinking is patent.

Hey, how about this for an idea? Debate the problems. It's all the manager's fault is it? Look at the history. Look at the trends. Think outside your thimble-sized box.

Again, another trademark Rocket trait. Failure to read the thread in full not just once, but also after being prompted to do so, before declaring oneself intellectually superior.

Just to help you out;

As "we" on here argued at the time of Calderwood's departure there is no short term fix, it will be a long drawn out process repairing the damage Milne's Chairmanship of the club has done. I say don't become a reactionary and lose sight of that now, but at the same time everyone has the right to criticize where it's due and we'll keep on with the "told you so(s)" they are the least we deserve. After-all we certainly don't have the team we deserve :wave:.

As for debating the problems that is what the "stupid" were doing on here around the time those on your favoured "webchatspeaksite" were being equally vociferous and adamant that the problems lay at Calderwood's feet. Granted you yourself have been very outspoken about Milne and Miller's tenureship of our club, but your debates regarding this pair share the same failings as the rest of your debates, they descend so quickly to the cheap personal insults, that your valid points are lost or ignored.

Enough alternative vocabulary in there, for you? 8)

Guest rocket debris

Again, another trademark Rocket trait. Failure to read the thread in full not just once, but also after being prompted to do so, before declaring oneself intellectually superior.

Just to help you out;

As for debating the problems that is what the "stupid" were doing on here around the time those on your favoured "webchatspeaksite" were being equally vociferous and adamant that the problems lay at Calderwood's feet. Granted you yourself have been very outspoken about Milne and Miller's tenureship of our club, but your debates regarding this pair share the same failings as the rest of your debates, they descend so quickly to the cheap personal insults, that your valid points are lost or ignored.

Enough alternative vocabulary in there, for you? 8)

Listen thicko. You responded to me. You ignored my principal point and concentrated on blaming the manager. What ever shit you spouted before addressing me is irrelevant and why the fuck would I be interested in reading your ineffectualness anyway?

Cheap personal insults are fantastic. They offend the politically correct and are funny as fuck. Now please don't address me again. I wish not to waste further time debating with one who is more concerned with attempting to provoke personal "clashes" on an impersonal forum. Debate the issues dungie.

Guest rocket debris

If the theatre-owner doesn't give a fuck then why doesn't he walk away and remove the guarantees he's put in place?

Cos he'd get his head kicked in. Thursday.

Listen thicko. You responded to me. You ignored my principal point and concentrated on blaming the manager. What ever shit you spouted before addressing me is irrelevant and why the fuck would I be interested in reading your ineffectualness anyway?

Cheap personal insults are fantastic. They offend the politically correct and are funny as fuck. Now please don't address me again. I wish not to waste further time debating with one who is more concerned with attempting to provoke personal "clashes" on an impersonal forum. Debate the issues dungie.

Being? That Mark McGhee is a theatre producer?

I can only apologies for construing to misunderstand your jumbled "point".

As far as I can see I'm the only one, of the two of us, trying to debate anything and YOU are the one ignoring another's CLEAR points before attempting to "provoke personal clashes" with your shite insults.

Hello irony. How are you feeling today?

Guest rocket debris

As far as I can see I'm the only one, of the two of us, trying to debate anything and YOU are the one ignoring another's CLEAR points before attempting to "provoke personal clashes" with your shite insults.

I told you not to address me so do as you're told youngie. It's all there on the record. Your first address to me ignored my point completely that TF agreed with. Blaming the manager exclusively is futile for today's problems. Your post, trying to be oh so clever, proved to be full of ineffectualness. Now jog on little boy. Go find someone real to argue with. I am a figment of your imagination. Baby bettle. Fungie Ungie Dungie.

Guest rocket debris
edit edit edit

You are determined to be fucked right up the arse aren't you?

It is all there on the record.

Problem above the producer. You ignored this and were oh so clever and ineffectualness in using my shite metaphor to say that the producer was to blame.

Unless my understanding of the debate that you started with your attack is wrong? You were following padre like a lickle lamb.

I think you are more concerned by personal motivation. This must be important to you. What's important to me is not wasting time with the afflicted. Stop fabricating and crystallise the debate if I'm wrong?

Rocket doing that? No, that can't be right. He wouldn't do such a thing. I really think you've got it wrong Baggy. I'm shocked at these slanderous accusations.

OK, one last time.

1) I agree with you about the problems being above the manager, I made that point in this thread previous to your post. I don't agree that it was your principal point and have pointed out that I had issues with your excusing McGhee of all blame for the result on Tuesday night.

2) I do not agree that Mcghee does not have his own "cast". He has signed 3 of those playing on Tuesday night, gave a fourth his debut in Fyvie, signed another who he himself hasn't deemed better than the previous regime's goalie in Nelson, re-signed another in Foster, is trying to re-sign a further three in Kerr McDonald and Mulgrew and has left a further two of his signings on the bench (Grassi and Marshall). At what point does this become his "cast"?

3) He has had 8 months coaching this squad now and still they haven't learned the "script", when does McGhee take responsibility for teaching them it. 

4) ... In fact fuck it, who cares we're rotten to the core. Your right what's the point in attempting to discuss it, from now on I'm going to take any attempt from someone to offer an opposite view point as a personal attack call you cunty toes and tell you to go sodomise a dang bettle.

I've got to admit i feel party responsible for this latest rant, I made the point that it wasnt purely the managers fault over on the hat and that theres been bigger problems with AFC for years, although that seems to have been interpreted as McGhee shouldnt take some of the flack for tuesdays shambles.  Seems like my point (and others) has been tiwsted as another argument to absolve McGhee from any blame for some of the performances this season.

I've got to admit i feel party responsible for this latest rant, I made the point that it wasnt purely the managers fault over on the hat and that theres been bigger problems with AFC for years, although that seems to have been interpreted as McGhee shouldnt take some of the flack for tuesdays shambles.  Seems like my point (and others) has been tiwsted as another argument to absolve McGhee from any blame for some of the performances this season.

EDMG ;)

Guest rocket debris

That is complete and unadulterated shite.

I saw the post you deleted. I have personal experience of him in his current role as well. Why did you say I hadn't?

The four questions are the only ones that mattered. You and I are not qualified to answer them.

The evidence that you can not see has been staring you in the face for many years.

On your edited/new post - again with a desperate agenda to differentiate - no-body has twisted anything. Nobody absolves MM of blame. The manager is responsible for the results. It is not working. You fucking retards are wanting it to fail for I told you so reasons as you didn't understand why Calderwood had to go. Goodbye.

Ahhh! The old AFCHAT imagined DT "agenda" that Minijc used to waffle on about.

NOBODY wants McGhee to fail. NO-ONE who supports a fitba team wants to see them to lose so they can say "I told you so" to someone they've never met on the internet. Get a grip, man! I used to think you ramblings were for comedic effect, not what you actually believed.

If, god forbid, there is to be "I told you so's" they will be reserved for those smug self righteous internet users who so magnanimously ridiculed anyone who dared to think different from them, and suggest that there was a possibility we might be worse off with a change of manager.

NO-ONE here would ever enjoy seeing their team fail but some of that bitterness may be made that bit sweeter by having some internet users who, lets say, use less "alternative vocabulary"  eat a slice of humble pie, not that I would expect any of these to accept they may have been wrong. They will of course look for the next excuse or individual to blame, because that's the way society has raised them.