Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Good vs Evil - Saturday LIVE on Sky Sports

Durrant's got his studs up too...

Apparently it took Neil McCann less than 30 seconds to bring the Simpson incident up during the Sky coverage. What a wank.  :wanker:

Aye and I'll expect McCann will be appearing on the Scott Mills program later in "aw what's uccuring" for: How many times can you mention "Aberdeen always raise their game against Rangers" and "Aberdeen fans live in the 80's", in 20 minutes.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking result, really was.  Gotta say though i thought once we scored we seemed to stop playing.  They may have been playing poorly but on another day boyd would have had a hattrick some of the chances he missed.  That said i reckon he only got so much space at times because of the makeshift defence.  As i said great result and i thought we played particularily well for the 10 minutes up to the goal but lets not pretend we didnt ride our luck in that game.  They had 3 times as many shot on target and twice as many off target.

If Rangers can't score past an Aberdeen team with 10 men, minus 6 (7 to include Kerr for the last half hour) first team players then they don't deserve to win.

Saw the Daily Rangers' player-ratings. Who the hell let this go to print?? It actually praises Aberdeen! FFS sack that clown!

ABERDEEN

Jamie Langfield 6

Stunning second-half stop to deny Boyd but had very little else to deal with.

Maurice Ross 6

Full of running on right. Defended solidly but sloppy at times with his distribution.

Richard Foster 6

One of two full-backs at centre-half. Struggled with his positioning at times but had the pace to get out of bother.

Charlie Mulgrew 7

Did his best to organise defence and used ball well. Stopped Novo netting equaliser.

Davide Grassi 7

Brought in at last minute. Looked ring rusty at first but grew in confidence.

Peter Pawlett 9

Absolutely outstanding from the first minute. Lightning fast with superb feet and composure way beyond his years

Mark Kerr 6

Had been enjoying superb game until sent off for two heavy tackles on Naismith.

Derek Young 8

Superb. His first start of season but got through lot of the dog's work as Aberdeen hustled Rangers out of their stride.

Michael Paton 9

Had Whittaker on toast to set up Miller's opener  :thumbsup: , then put in a heroic shift helping his team keep Rangers out. A real gem.

Lee Miller 9

Top-class performance. Touch and hold-up play excellent and topped it all with a goal.

Chris Maguire 7

Incredible energy. Buzzed around and always gave Miller the support he needed.

Subs:

Stuart Duff - on for Maguire after Kerr's red card. Helped keep Aberdeen solid, 4.

Darren Mackie - given last five minutes, 2.

RANGERS

Allan McGregor 6

Can't be faulted for Miller's goal and hardly had another save to make.

Steven Whittaker 4

His nightmarish run continues. Skinned by Paton for goal and confidence shot to bits.

David Weir 5

Struggled to cope with Miller. It's not often the veteran gets such a hard time in SPL. (time to retire, old man. Second thoughts, stay where you are!)

Danny Wilson 7

Probably the only Rangers player who deserved pass marks. Another great show.

Sasa Papac 6

Looked to be going through the motions at times - and doing so too slowly to keep up with Pawlett.

Steven Davis 6

Deployed wide on the right which made no sense. Tried best but grew in frustration.

Steven Naismith 5

Must be in serious danger of forgetting his true position. Clue - it's not centre midfield.

Lee McCulloch 6

Swamped in the centre of midfield. Didn't hide but needed help.

John Fleck 5

Offered almost nothing on left until late on. Outshone by Pawlett on same flank. (and yet he is still rated several million pounds higher than Pawlett! :hammer:)

Kris Boyd 5

Way off the pace in the first half and missed a string of chances in the second.

Kyle Lafferty 3

Oh dear. Only got 45 minutes but it seemed to last days. Agonising performance.

:lolabove:

Subs:

Kenny Miller - on at break. Added urgency to forward play but then faded, 4.

Nacho Novo - showed enough to suggest he deserves a start, 4.

Madjid Bougherra - mercifully sent on for Whittaker in 75 minutes. Could possibly be set for a run at right-back, 3.

THE MANAGERS

Mark McGhee: This was the Aberdeen manager's first ever victory over Walter Smith. He earned it. 8

Walter Smith: Must take his share of the blame for this defeat. Got his starting line-up wrong. 4

THE MAN IN BLACK

Craig Thomson's first big iffy decision was to deny Rangers a penalty (bullshit). The whistler had no option in sending off Mark Kerr (again, bullshit) but began to unravel from that moment on. 4

MAN OF THE MATCH

Lee Miller (Aberdeen)

I was actually surprised to hear dodsy is sportscene last night say tath the ref's performance deteriorated after the sending off as he wasnt sure of it, so his confidence vanished. Good analysis for a change.

As for the ratings, Wilson got a 7 but he was sleeping for Miller's goal.

:thumbsup:

I would agree with most of that. Although I thought that Pawlett had an awesome opening 20 mins and faded out a bit from there on. He had the Papac in his pocket despite that though!

Never seen a truer statement about the ref. Just completely went crazy after the sending off. Even the hun I spoke to said it was never a sending off and never seen such an abysmal performance!

Walking style vaccum Mark Hately has chipped in with his thoughts on the Nacho Novo incidents and he tells the "wee man" that the morons in the stands are worse than him but Novo - whom Hately loves, apparently - shouldn't have reacted.  Goes on about how these men shouldn't be shouting this stuff as their wives and children will hear it (does everyone go to the games as families these days?) and then recounts the comical tale of how "SICK DONS THUGS ATTACKED ME WHILE I SIGNED AUTOGRAPHS FOR TERMINALLY ILL CHILDREN OUTSIDE PITTODRIE" or something like that. 

No word on him getting hit on the head by Fraser Fyvie's homework a few years ago.  Must be saving that up for our next meeting with the vermin.

Here's a pic of his failed business in Renfrew.  Fairly setting your stall out, I'd say...

yk3hn6m