Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Fik - Looks like he's on his way

Guest At The Border Guy

amateur - doesnt fill me with confidence that he will be any good

Apparently it was his choice to go amateur whilst he sorted some family stuff out. I'm interested to see what he's got to offer. As MBT suggests, strength in depth and all that. Surely he cannae be as bad as Winter.

Guest hamesick

Those old-timers amongst us will remember another signing from Dutchland  - pretty sure he was playing amateur when signed. A scouser by the name of Paul Mason. If we have stumbled onto someone with Masons ability and heart then I don't care what status Flik is.

Those old-timers amongst us will remember another signing from Dutchland  - pretty sure he was playing amateur when signed. A scouser by the name of Paul Mason. If we have stumbled onto someone with Masons ability and heart then I don't care what status Flik is.

Pretty sure we signed Mason from Gronigen [ sp ? ] and paid £200k for him.

Then again maybe the heat down here is playing havoc wie the grey cells.

Christ what I'd give for a Paul Mason in mid field these days though.

Guest hamesick

Gronigen sounds familiar.... he was def playing amatuer league, maybe it was gronigenigen that picked him up. Recall he was working as a brick layer.... some player all the same

Guest Fife-Red-1903

LIke I said; hope he proves me wrong.

I'd like nothing better then to be sickened at the phrase:

"And Fik Flicks another goal for Aberdeen"!!

What would sound much better is:

''And Fik Flicks Jamie Langfield of whom momentarely catchs the ball, then drops it, and in true Langfield fashion miraciously concedes a goal and makes it Aberdeen 3 Rangers 0''  ;)

Okay, headline stuff now:

When we sign him, the headline will be "Aberdeen Get The Fik, Aberdeen Aberdeen Get The Fik"

When he scores his first hattrick for us, it'll be "Dutch wizard gives Gers the Fik"

And in a decade's time, the caption competition in the EE will be "What the Fik happened?"

Gronigen sounds familiar.... he was def playing amatuer league, maybe it was gronigenigen that picked him up. Recall he was working as a brick layer.... some player all the same

That's pretty much it. He'd gone over to Holland as a brick layer after Everton turned him down. He later signed for Groningen and Smith and Scott spotted him when he was playing against Twente when they were supposed to be watching Theo (who wasn't actually playing in that game).

Paul Mason was a great player. Fast as fuck and really skillful. Knew where the net was too. Really missed him when he left.