Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Sherlock Holmes last night was pretty decent.  Better than the Guy Richie film IMHO.

Aye I thoroughly enjoyed that when I watched it.  :thumbsup:

Top Gear was awesome  :thumbsup:

That programme just gets better and better

I just about split my sides on the first show when Clarkson was crashing the 3 wheeler everywhere. Class.  :thumbsup:

Watched that too bobby. The guys were absolute nutters. I was suprised the guy who fell had so few serious injuries, although i suppose he was still too injured to jump again. Still. Lucky to escape death!

Been chatting to my housemate about that, she got all excited because she thought there was a new one, but it was just bt announcing they've got sport lol.

Watched that too bobby. The guys were absolute nutters. I was suprised the guy who fell had so few serious injuries, although i suppose he was still too injured to jump again. Still. Lucky to escape death!

Been chatting to my housemate about that, she got all excited because she thought there was a new one, but it was just bt announcing they've got sport lol.

I would not have been using one of those wing suits the guy got towards the end... he used it really well and all that but it just looked rather flimsy!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tf1r4/Madness_in_the_Fast_Lane/

Madness in the Fast Lane!

Fuck me!!  :o

Seriously just watch the first five minutes!!!

Holy shit!  :o

Mentalists aside that's some of the finest TV I've seen in a while!

It never said how Ursula was when she was in hospital. I take it she wasn't acting like a complete fruitloop in there and it was just Sabina? Wonder which one of them was actually ill then seeing as they reckon one of them "passed it" to the other.

Very very interesting stuff.

It doesn't seem right that she may be released next year, she must still be a threat to the public surely?

That's what I thought. There's no way that she's not a threat. The legal system seems setup to let dangerous people off. There's no doubt that she murdered that dude but she still just serves a couple of years in prison.  ???

That's what I thought. There's no way that she's not a threat. The legal system seems setup to let dangerous people off. There's no doubt that she murdered that dude but she still just serves a couple of years in prison.  ???

I'd hardly say it was set up to let dangerous people out.  As they said in the programme it was a unique situation.  She was clearly psychotic when she commited the murder, therefore not felt to be guilty of murder, only man slaughter.  If she was still psychotic she would be detained until such a time that she was no longer psychotic and a danger to the public.  This is what usually happens and can mean years of incarceration beyond her sentance. 

In this case she has some super rare condition where by the psychosis is fleeting and unpredictable.  By the sounds of it if she were never to see her sister again she would pose no threat to anybody, yet if she does then there will always be a risk she relapses.  Can't really blame the law too much for such an unusal presentation.

I'd hardly say it was set up to let dangerous people out.  As they said in the programme it was a unique situation.  She was clearly psychotic when she commited the murder, therefore not felt to be guilty of murder, only man slaughter.  If she was still psychotic she would be detained until such a time that she was no longer psychotic and a danger to the public.  This is what usually happens and can mean years of incarceration beyond her sentance. 

In this case she has some super rare condition where by the psychosis is fleeting and unpredictable.  By the sounds of it if she were never to see her sister again she would pose no threat to anybody, yet if she does then there will always be a risk she relapses.  Can't really blame the law too much for such an unusal presentation.

No but in general the law seems to be all about letting folk off. A lot of the time evidence has to be disregarded for one reason or another. I understand in this situation it's difficult. She's still in touch with her sister. God help the next poor fucker that these two run into!

Yeah but surely the judge has the option to send her for further observation. Not sure when the trial was, but I think it said 3 or 4 months later, then how can they determine the issue wasn't long term? Surely the fact that at the time of the crime she was psychotic allows the judge the right to send her for longer term observation in a secure mental unit?