Daz Automatic

Their headline, not mine:

Daz Automatic

Darren Mackie has today signed a new three year contract.

Jimmy Calderwood broke the news to RedTV/Northsound at lunchtime. "Darren has decided to put pen to paper on a three year deal. It is fabulous. I have always said how well he has done during my time here. Darren is a wonderful lad to work with. He is Aberdeen through and through and it is great news for the club. He is very popular in the dressing room. You know what you are getting with Darren every game and the lad deserves it. No one will ever forget his goal against Dnipro which started the whole European run, the highlight of my time here."

Darren told RedTV/Northsound "I am delighted. Really pleased it is sorted out and I can get down and concentrate on playing football. I have never hidden the fact I love being here so it was quite easy to get things sorted out. Hopefully during those three years I can have a good time and score more goals. I feel the team is doing well at the moment and we have the basis of a very good side and I want to be part of it. I want to win trophies and hopefully success will be coming soon."

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/ce/52/0,,10284~5329614,00.jpg[/img]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can imagine there will be some seriously strong views on this kicking about elsewhere. Personally, got to confess that I'm not that unhappy, but then again not really elated over this. Guess I'm just one fucked up individual.

At least we have one contract issue resolved :thumbsup:

All aboard the bandwagon tandem for the testimonial game  ;)

Think of the good times he brought last season

gickrcom_e6f99cdb-3d3b-1f44-e9d4-b8.gif

Which has been paid and thanked for. I also remember all the sitters he has missed and for those he should not be rewarded with a 3 year contract. He should be on his way to play for Peterhead with our best wishes.

Slightly puzzled by the three year aspect of the contract. I thought there was a widely accepted pattern to young Dazza's contract negotiations -

Gets two year contract based on decent form of the previous season

Is absolutely fucking unbelievably abhorrent during the first year of that contract

Picks up form during second year, scores a few goals, fans debate his worth - 'Fucking shite, should be laying carpet in Peterheid', 'Mr Aberdeen', etc.

Gets two year contract based on decent form of the previous season

Repeat ad infinitum until second testimonial.

If Miller and Calderwood think he merits a contract why the fuck are folk so vexed by it?

The professional football management careers of some of you has managed to pass me by completely.

I personally don't believe Darren Mackie is good enough to play for Aberdeen.  One or two key goals sandwiched between 10 years of ineptitude, don't for me, justify a new contract.

I refuse to believe there aren't more capable strikers available in the summer, for a similar wage.  I honestly believe we can do better than Darren Mackie, maybe I'm deluded?  ....I don't know!?!

I'm not a football manager, but I don't really think you need to be in order to recognise that guys like Darren Mackie, Richard Foster & Derek Young aren't good enough to move Aberdeen forward.  They're consistently among the worst performers in the team (arguable I guess), and have the least technical ability.

That's pretty much why I'm angry that Darren has received a new contract offer.

For the record, I've certainly never criticised any of the above during a match, they always have and always will receive my full backing as long as they're at Aberdeen.

Stewart I dind't actually believe your text so just put back "ffs", I am actually fuming, spitting mad at this, how the fuck can this excuse for a footballer get a new contract, he has done fuckall, all season.

So you're not really THAT sorry ;)

I'm not a football manager, but I don't really think you need to be in order to recognise that guys like Darren Mackie, Richard Foster & Derek Young aren't good enough to move Aberdeen forward. 

That's pretty much why I'm angry that Darren has received a new contract offer.

Yes, the next level may be about to show another portal.

On Foster and Young you may well have a point but we will always have very average players in our squad.

What you do have to be a manager for is to make these decisions so getting angry about it is just plain daft.