Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Severin leaving

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=??? link=topic=7453.msg118943#msg118943 date=1234440256]

Agreed, but when his workrate is at its peak he'll be hassling defenders, stretching play, making space, running off the ball, etc.  :thumbsup:

[quote author=??? link=topic=7453.msg118916#msg118916 date=1234438870]

You are kidding, right?

To be fair, first quote was about Miller. Second quote was about Mackie.

While it's dissapointing he's 'thinking' of leaving, will he actually go this time?

Last time during his protracted negotiations we heard the same old 'admired by United and Jambos' rumours, but as ever with the press nothing materialised. If he does go, then thanks for some great service and goals, but lets be honest both of these are a step down from where he is currently.

Hearts are skint and Levein will leave United for a 'bigger' job during next season (he's already confirmed that), so where else in the SPL. Nowhere, so perhaps seeing what Barry Nic, Michael Hart and even Chris Clark are earning down South is what's appealing.

As for replacements and captain. Kerr with Diamond as his second in command would be the best thing for the big man in the short term. Zander is a top player for sure, but anyone who doesn't believe that after the 4-2 game against Celtic he's not close to the top of wee Gordons shopping list for summer is dreaming. So it's MK for me. ::)

Severin is keen to stay at Aberdeen

Aberdeen FC skipper sets the record straight

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 14/02/2009

ABERDEEN FC skipper Scott Severin says there is still a chance of him staying at Pittodrie.

The 29-year-old has broken his silence over his contract situation to rubbish claims he has made the decision to move on from Aberdeen FC in the summer.

The former Hearts star – who will play a key role in today’s SPL clash with his old club at Tynecastle – has already been linked with a move to English side Burnley.

But Severin has dismissed that and assured Aberdeen FC fans he hasn’t yet ruled out the possibility of him signing another Dons deal.

Severin said: “I would like to put the record straight on my contract situation with Aberdeen FC.

“The newspaper reports claiming I have already rejected a final deal were completely wide of the mark.

“I have no idea where the reports came from as no one was actually quoted.

“My agent is in talks with the club at the moment and we will see what happens.â€

Severin was angered by the national newspaper reports claiming he was definitely leaving Pittodrie.

“This type of journalism does nothing to help the situation,†he said, in an interview with the Aberdeen FC matchday magazine.

“It is just mischief making.â€

Aberdeen FC boss Jimmy Calderwood is delighted Severin hasn’t close the door on their chances of persuading him to stay beyond the summer.

Calderwood said: “It’s great news for us.

“I knew from talking to him that there was still a chance of Seve staying.

“As is the case with most players of his stature, it’s likely to come down to finances in the end.

“But there is no way we will allow our skipper to leave without a fight.

“He has been outstanding this season. Even when we have played poorly he has been our best player by far.

“We want him to stay and hopefully lead the club on to success in the years ahead.

“But it could be that he will get offers to finally have a go at football in England.

“If that happens then it might be more difficult, but we will do our best to convince Seve to remain with Aberdeen.â€

Calderwood doesn’t expect the uncertainty over his future to affect his form for Aberdeen.

“If Seve is to eventually persuade a top club in England to come in for him he has to keep playing well for Aberdeen,†he said.

“There are no losers when players are in the situation he’s in at the moment.â€

I've seen too many players promise to sign and then leave at the 11th hour of contract talks (Stephen Wright, spit).

Likewise, I've seen too many players say "The deal to bring me to Aberdeen is dead in the water. My agent hasn't heard anything and that's that", only for said player to sign a few days later.

I know I started this thread, but I'm just gonna take heed when Severin comes public with his contract decision. If he stays, good on him. If he goes, we'll survive ... eventually!

• 3 weeks later...
Severin in no rush to commit to Dons

Skipper happy to wait on deal

Published: 03/03/2009

ABERDEEN FC skipper Scott Severin today admitted it might be the end of the season before he decides if he is staying.

Severin rubbished rumours he had already turned down a new contract offer.

But the 28-year-old warned he is in no rush to make a commitment to Aberdeen FC.

“There are a lot of rumours circulating that I’m definitely leaving but that’s not true,†he said.

“We are still in negotiations, but Willie Miller hasn’t placed any timescale on talks.

“We still have three or four months of the season to go, so if the talks take up until the end of that, so be it.â€