Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Severin leaving

Sh*te.  Suspected he'd be out of our range but your never know.  On the fringes of the City first team so did think he'd be picked up by someone else down there.  Hopefully we've got the carrot of European football at the end of the year though...  :thumbsup:

I like your optimism ;) But I would have thought the fact he even made appearances for the city first XI would mean he's out of our price range. But as you said, you don't ask, you don't get. I'm sure Jimmy has a few players up his sleave.

Oh and P.S. It wasn't directed at you, just an open ended question, because obviously I couldn't put ???  :thumbsup:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1049212

DONS gaffer Jimmy Calderwood today warned his out-of-contract players – the only way is down if you leave Pittodrie.

All five Reds – skipper Scott Severin, Darren Mackie, Derek Young, Jamie Smith and Lee Mair – are in contract discussions with the club.

The players are out of contract at the end of the season and were free to talk to other teams from the start of the transfer window on January 1.

Calderwood said: “With all due respect if they reject a deal it will probably be downhill from here because Aberdeen is a wonderful club.

“It would be unlikely anyone who decides to move on would go to a bigger club than Aberdeen.â€

Dons Director of Football Willie Miller today dismissed reports Scott Severin has rejected a contract offer.

Several publications today claimed the skipper had snubbed a Dons offer and was set to leave Pittodrie.

Miller insists Severin has yet to be offered a deal by Aberdeen, as contract talks are in early stages.

Miller said: “Scott Severin has not been offered a deal by the club yet.

“Jimmy Calderwood has opened talks with Severin, but there is still a way to go in terms of finances before a new deal is offered.

“These are very severe financial times, and football is not immune to that.

“If a player wants to stay at Aberdeen I will do everything in my power to give them an offer within our financial situation.

“If they do not we will move on, like we did last season with a number of players.

“But there is absolutely no problem with Severin.â€

Severin’s agent Darren Jackson also shot down reports Severin had rejected a new deal.

Jackson said: “I have not yet had talks with Willie Miller or Jimmy Calderwood regarding Scott.

“I can confirm that Severin has 100% not rejected a deal from Aberdeen.â€

The departure of Jeffrey de Visscher to Dutch Second Division side SC Cambuur Leeuwarden will not open up extra money to fund new deals.

Calderwood said: “Willie Miller has spoken to the players. I have never heard of these things being sorted out quickly with the first talks.

“The agents will come back and discuss any offers that have been, or will be, made.â€

Calderwood is willing to remain patient as he awaits answers, but he wants an answer soon.

“There is no deadline as such on the five players who are out of contract,†he said.

Going to be a big miss in my opinion and although not necessarily unreplaceable, it is potentially going to set us back again just as we making forward progress.

Can't see the Arabs or Hivs paying bigger bucks to him than us, therefore only really leaves the old firm [ nae chance ] or the LSC who find it easy to throw big money about and then not pay folk what they're due.

My money if I was a betting man would go on one of the following, PNE, Notts Forrest, Plymouth or Burnley ;)

I'd go Cardiff, its an SPL haven. Was watching the Arsenal game at the weekend and I spotted Kennedy, McCormack, Rae, McNaughton and Burke all playing.

I tend to agree with ST on this one. I can see that he has been a quality player for us in spells but not consistently. Despite some good performances this season I'd be wary of assuming this is the long term trend. Ultimately I think we have had the best of him and we have replaced him with a solid and consistent midfield player in Kerr, who is increasingly impressing me with every game. It all comes down to who we would replace him with, if we get that right I'm certain the name Seve would scarcely grace the threads of DT in the future.

Was that not Mark Kennedy, former Liverpool player?

Possibly, I didn't look into detail. Just made an assumption based on the rest of the set up there. You will have detected my interest in English (strictly speaking Welsh!) football is limited  ;)

::)

So what are we basing Seve's supremacy on then? He does fuck all. The glory hunter wounds are still being nursed I see!

Scott Severin

The Skipper. Sevy leads by example. Quiet but when the old campaigner speaks, we all listen. Everyone has enormous respect for him which is important for a captain.

Anyway it's typical footballer diplomacy. Nothing to go on.

Jesus f*ck.  :doh:

So, we've got a clueless manager, a captain who doesn't know the meaning of the word, strikers that can't score, a goalkeeper called 'Clangers', no youth system, Ricky Foster, a chairman who's as tight as duck's arse, a football director that doesn't knock on enough doors, and a stadium that's falling to bits.

Doomed.  Doomed I tell thee.  :

I don't think so, I'm as equally pessimistic as I am optimistic.  I try to look at things with a sense of reality, instead of being blinded by optimism/pessimism.  :thumbsup:

As do I! You made all that other shite about no youth policy and a clueless manager up; you certainly didn't get it from me. I was just saying that that little piece of deplomacy from Lee Miller doesn't mean he's a particularly great captain. WHich I don't think he is.

Bunch of pedants.

So, we've got a clueless manager, a captain who doesn't know the meaning of the word, strikers that can't score, a goalkeeper called 'Clangers' (that's just a nickname), no youth system, Ricky Foster, a chairman who's as tight as duck's arse, a football director that doesn't knock on enough doors, and a stadium that's falling to bits.