Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Severin leaving

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus wept, that goes for your idiotic reference to "glory hunter" too.

At least he is a footballer which places a little more weight to his opinion.

But Zander shouts and points a lot, qualifications above and beyond what is required I guess.

Still smarting right enough!

Not disputing Lee's opinion. Just saying that he's hardly going to say "He's not a great captain but we put on a show of respect for the media and fans." This doesn't mean he's necessarily a shit captain. But Zander is a more natural leader. A more vocal presence is what people have been crying out for. I read/heard countless times people's moans about Russell not being vocal enough. Seve is even less vocal but now it's not an issue anymore? Strange!

Still smarting right enough!  WTF fuck??

Not disputing Lee's opinion. Just saying that he's hardly going to say "He's not a great captain but we put on a show of respect for the media and fans." This doesn't mean he's necessarily a shit captain. But Zander is a more natural leader. A more vocal presence is what people have been crying out for. I read/heard countless times people's moans about Russell not being vocal enough. Seve is even less vocal but now it's not an issue anymore? Strange!

You were very much disputing Miller's opinion, trashed it in fact.

But yes, the fans are always right, that is the way to go. Zander seems the natural choice I agree but I remain completely unconvinced. He certainly has been much improved recently and more composed than normal but he has to step up even further, he has to be relied upon, he has to be clear headed and not caught up in bollocks on the periphery of matches, things he gets drawn into too often for my liking. 

You were very much disputing Miller's opinion, trashed it in fact.

But yes, the fans are always right, that is the way to go. Zander seems the natural choice I agree but I remain completely unconvinced. He certainly has been much improved recently and more composed than normal but he has to step up even further, he has to be relied upon, he has to be clear headed and not caught up in bollocks on the periphery of matches, things he gets drawn into too often for my liking. 

Zander does seem the natural choice but then again do we want a captain who at any random moment loses the head and can still be a bit of a calamity? Maybe his off field antics could go against him too.

Are the best captains always the ones that shout?  :-\  For me, it's those that lead by example.

For the love of fuck!

I'm not saying we need someone who just screams and shouts all the time. When Russell was captain many believed he wasn't vocal enough. Many have questioned Seve's suitability for the role and the only other possibility is Zander. Zander's been the one leading by example on the pitch recently. Russell is the very definition of "leading by example" but that wasn't good enough. He wasn't "vocal" enough.  ::)

Zander does seem the natural choice but then again do we want a captain who at any random moment loses the head and can still be a bit of a calamity? Maybe his off field antics could go against him too.

Like what? The Noel Whelan thing? Zander is pretty well behaved is he not?

Like what? The Noel Whelan thing? Zander is pretty well behaved is he not?

Certainly not the impression I have.

Are you saying Anderson wasn't good enough as captain? It seems "many" are swaying your opinion.

Neither Anderson nor Severin are chest thumping captains, they don't have to be. I presume defining characteristics for a good captain are not exhausted by "looking committed" and "shouting".

Should Severin leave I assume there will be a few candidates, Zander one of them. Kerr strikes me as a possible candidate too. Maybe captaincy would be the making of Zander though.

Certainly not the impression I have.

Are you saying Anderson wasn't good enough as captain? It seems "many" are swaying your opinion.

Neither Anderson nor Severin are chest thumping captains, they don't have to be. I presume defining characteristics for a good captain are not exhausted by "looking committed" and "shouting".

Should Severin leave I assume there will be a few candidates, Zander one of them. Kerr strikes me as a possible candidate too. Maybe captaincy would be the making of Zander though.

Not at all. Russell was the best Aberdeen captain in my living memory. As I said alot of people complained he wasn't vocal enough. Now we have that in Zander and people doubt his suitabilty.

Kerr is indeed a candidate although I'd much prefer someone who's been at Aberdeen for a bit longer. I can see him getting the vice captaincy.

Not at all. Russell was the best Aberdeen captain in my living memory. As I said alot of people complained he wasn't vocal enough. Now we have that in Zander and people doubt his suitabilty.

Kerr is indeed a candidate although I'd much prefer someone who's been at Aberdeen for a bit longer. I can see him getting the vice captaincy.

Why? He knows all the names?

For the love of fuck!

I'm not saying we need someone who just screams and shouts all the time. When Russell was captain many believed he wasn't vocal enough. Many have questioned Seve's suitability for the role and the only other possibility is Zander. Zander's been the one leading by example on the pitch recently. Russell is the very definition of "leading by example" but that wasn't good enough. He wasn't "vocal" enough.  ::)

Oh sweet fucking Mary walking her dog!  ::)

Abderson was a fine captain, and I think the work Severin does is underestimated.  Remember, unless you're Stoney, all we see is 90 minutes of football, we've no idea what goes on behind the scenes. As I've mentioned previously, from the outside looking in, team morale is at it's highest it's been for a long time.  Captains usually play a major part in that.  I guess there's a lot more to it than ranting and raving on a Saturday afternoon, but 'many'  ::) probably don't see it that way.

Based on recent results, and the way we've been playing, which has seen the team go onwards and upwards, I'd like to see things remain the way they are.  And that means JC as manager, and Severin as captain.  ::) ::)

Oh sweet fucking Mary walking her dog!  ::)

Abderson was a fine captain, and I think the work Severin does is underestimated.  Remember, unless you're Stoney, all we see is 90 minutes of football, we've no idea what goes on behind the scenes. As I've mentioned previously, from the outside looking in, team morale is at it's highest it's been for a long time.  Captains usually play a major part in that.  I guess there's a lot more to it than ranting and raving on a Saturday afternoon, but 'many'  ::) probably don't see it that way.

Based on recent results, and the way we've been playing, which has seen the team go onwards and upwards, I'd like to see things remain the way they are.  And that means JC as manager, and Severin as captain.  ::) ::)

The perception of great morale seems to be a recent thing, although I do not have a window into the dressing room so I couldn't be certain. This would suggest that it has been a change in personnel that has brought the improvement. While I don't dispute that the captain may have a role to play in this turnaround its hard to see why it would suddenly have changed due to his work. I'd suggest that the introduction of some new faces and the loss of others has helped galvanise the squad more than a sudden shift in the captains approach.

The perception of great morale seems to be a recent thing, although I do not have a window into the dressing room so I couldn't be certain. This would suggest that it has been a change in personnel that has brought the improvement. While I don't dispute that the captain may have a role to play in this turnaround its hard to see why it would suddenly have changed due to his work. I'd suggest that the introduction of some new faces and the loss of others has helped galvanise the squad more than a sudden shift in the captains approach.

True, there are many variables to take into account (new players, league form, settled team, lack of injuries, cup runs, etc.) but at the end of the day the captain must still be playing his part.  I just can't see what it is that makes some folk say Severin is a sh*t captain, given that he was at the heart of the 'success' last year and our current form.

Like Calderwood, he gets way too hard a time and it won't be till they're gone that we truly appreciate what we had.

With respect, it is probably different people who doubted both Anderson and Zander.

I agree about Kerr, probably too early in his AFC career.

Guest Nellie The Don

2 Seasons ago Seve had a medical at Hearts....Fact. I wouldn't be surprised if he returned to them as he is also a fan. Most Hearts fans i know would jump at the chance to have him back.

Why would anyone chose to leave ANY job to go and work for that mob in their current state?

You'd have to be nuts.

I think I must have missed the last few seasons of this Seve player some people are talking about.

He had one, maybe two good seasons for us and has been in decline ever since. Turning up for a game here or there is just not cutting it.

As for his captaincy, he was the captain who led us to two embarrassments at the semi-final stage of both cup competitions last year.

Even worse, he has stated his desire to walk out on us, and we will receive nothing, yet people defend him.

He cares not a bit about AFC, and I cannot believe fellow fans are 'wishing him well' and patting him on the back.

I'm nae going to lose sleep over it, losing Nicholson last year was a bigger blow than losing Seve will be.

:clap:,mainly parts in bold.

As I have previously posted NO Aberdeen player, farless captain, should support the huns in the media as well as be derogatory about a teammate in the same interview.

:wave: Seve, we have lost much better players than you and survived thrived

Why? He knows all the names?

Er.. well. Aye. Partly that. A captain should know the team well. Players and staff. It takes more than half a season to do that.  ::)

[quote author=??? link=topic=7453.msg115551#msg115551 date=1233159758]

Oh sweet fucking Mary walking her dog!  ::)

Abderson was a fine captain, and I think the work Severin does is underestimated.  Remember, unless you're Stoney, all we see is 90 minutes of football, we've no idea what goes on behind the scenes. As I've mentioned previously, from the outside looking in, team morale is at it's highest it's been for a long time.  Captains usually play a major part in that.  I guess there's a lot more to it than ranting and raving on a Saturday afternoon, but 'many'  ::) probably don't see it that way.

Based on recent results, and the way we've been playing, which has seen the team go onwards and upwards, I'd like to see things remain the way they are.  And that means JC as manager, and Severin as captain.  ::) ::)

Christ on a bike!!!!!!!!!

I know that screaming and shouting isn't all the captaincy entails! But that's what 'many'  ::) i.e. the general consensus were crying out for. (pun intended)

I also never disputed that we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. That argument can go both ways. How do we know that Seve is a good captain and how do we know that Zander would be a bad one? Yes results are going well but that may or may not be down to Seve’s captaincy. I guess we'll find out when he fucks off to League 1.

There is a certain ammount of responsibility that comes with being captain, on and off the park.  Diamond is not ready for that burden due to his lack of maturity, on and off the park.  It's a job for a more level headed individual, and to be honest I'm struggling to think of another player in our squad who would be good captain material. 

Maybe by the start of next season Mark Kerr will be the obvious choice if Severin leaves.  ???