Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

12 hours ago, manc_don said:

Results didn't really go our way this week, with saints obviously beating us last night and arabs winning tonight. Both teams are now only 3 points behind us, and we play tractor saints on the weekend. A game that is notoriously tough for us to win. So Goldie, hope you bring us some luck!

Elsewhere, tims beat hearts 2-1, hibs drew 0-0 with Well, as did Perth Saints vs Dundee, huns beat livi 1-0.  Only real positive is that neither Hibs or Well pulled away from us. Whether we're able to make the most of that remains to be seen.

Arabs are now level on points and only behind us on goal difference. 

Some 1st half in Ecuador v Brazil game. 1-0 Brazil, 3 lengthy VAR reviews, 1 red card each and another for Brazil overturned in one of the VAR reviews. Challenge by Ecuador keeper for first red would not have looked out of place in a Bruce Lee movie. Can’t wait for 2nd half. 

Second half was just as wild. Finished 1-1. Ecuador had another goal chopped off that should have stood but was not reviewed by VAR and two penalties overturned by VAR plus Alisson had a second red card rescinded on VAR review. 

Paraguay v Uruguay on now. 

As much as it is entertaining that Middlesborough have equalised, it only adds to my lack of understanding of the current handball rules?
Suggestion from commentators is had the boy who handballed it scored, it would have been disallowed, but because he fluffed the shot and his teammate put it in, the goal stands ???

13 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

As much as it is entertaining that Middlesborough have equalised, it only adds to my lack of understanding of the current handball rules?
Suggestion from commentators is had the boy who handballed it scored, it would have been disallowed, but because he fluffed the shot and his teammate put it in, the goal stands ???

My only lack of understanding is why you're not watching the top of the championship clash?

Some game, Arbroath beating Killie to go 4 clear. They are fucking intense like, some team.

10 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

My only lack of understanding is why you're not watching the top of the championship clash?

Some game, Arbroath beating Killie to go 4 clear. They are fucking intense like, some team.

I see McInnes still can't win against the big teams.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, scotfree said:

I see McInnes still can't win against the big teams.

Aye, and a former player in Nicky Low returning to haunt him with a great performance. To be fair to McInnes, Arbroath look a very difficult team to play against, especially at gayfield. They're very physical and like a punt, relying on the wind to do something for them. It'll be very interesting to see how Hibs fair against them. I suspect if they go an hour without scoring, Arbroath could be favourite.

African Nations final on just now. Really thought this would be a good game but both teams have cancelled each other out. 

Referee for the final is from Uruguay. Been really good but surely they should have had an African ref for the final. Can imagine the uproar if an South American ref took the finals of the Euros. 

14 minutes ago, Jute said:

African Nations final on just now. Really thought this would be a good game but both teams have cancelled each other out. 

Referee for the final is from Uruguay. Been really good but surely they should have had an African ref for the final. Can imagine the uproar if an South American ref took the finals of the Euros. 

You sure about that?