Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Boring, unentertaining, clueless buffoonery . . . .

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

another game where we attacked and won with minimal in match tinkering, calderwood might be onto something here  :thumbsup:

its not rocket science simple soccer wins games

bring on the huns  :wave:

i hope that now calderwood has found his settled team and settled formation that he keeps it, said at the start of the season that was our main problem unfortunatly historicly this is around the time that calderwood tinkering again and that often causes us to start playing poorly again. the way we are playing just now there is NO need for changes. Will we see the team that has played well in the past few weeks against hearts, celtic and rangers i honestly dont think he will resist the temptation.

2nd point why wasnt tokely sent off that was an awful tackle, went out to do our player made no effort what-so-ever to play the ball.

:thumbsup:

Speirs is right, you cant be a idiot and achieve the consistency of performance over such an extended period of time regardless of what some elements of our support choose to believe. JC may be frustrating and annoying at times with his team selections but he clearly knows how to put points on the board. Mizer using one or two bad results to illustrate a point is not as compelling as looking at the big picture ie results over a season, or in JC's case, over 4 seasons.

Go and support Rangers stoney, seems like the type of knee jerk reactionary nonsense they are so fond of. As ajja says, you seem to be pretty distanced from the point of supporting a team. But hey, I'm sure with your qualifications and experience a team will be keen to take you on.

so you are telling me after taking points of the best two teams in scotland he was right to make the changes (needless changes) to a team FULL of confidence.

Correct me if im wrong but why go 4-5-1 against a team 2nd bottom of the league when we just played celtic off the park by attacking them.

Try not to celebrate too hard mate.

Ajja, you are my mate but get a fucking grip min! Do you really think I was in Inverurie locos social club celebrating when Higdon scored his goal? I was upset as every other Aberdeen fan so don't demean yersel by peddling pathetic arguments like people who dont love JC want us to lose.

Idiot, it was being in third that was being argued, ie a series of results. Try again.

Stoneys point was we will do well if JC doesn't tinker with the team. I wasn't there yesterday thankfully, but I spoke to many folks who returned from the game and came to the reception we were at. Quotes like " I dinna ken fit the fuck he (JC) was playin at today" make me think he had one of his spells yesterday.

You can call me an idiot if you want, but I know I'm not and you know I'm not - you are the only one left looking stupid as you are resorting to name calling. We can let this site fall into the way of afc-chat in petty name calling and entrenched views or we can accept that everyone has different views and different opinions.

I'll be sure to let you know after the 4-4-2 doest work.........mind you i thought i would be saying that after the bayern munich game last season  :thumbsup:

stick to what you know and we WILL get third place by ease...........hopefully jimmys ego doesnt get in the way of that.

Go and support Rangers stoney, seems like the type of knee jerk reactionary nonsense they are so fond of. As ajja says, you seem to be pretty distanced from the point of supporting a team. But hey, I'm sure with your qualifications and experience a team will be keen to take you on.

STONEY DESERVES BETTER!  ;)

Chris Crichton agrees at least

HEARTS, without Christophe Berra, lost. Dundee United, without Willo Flood, lost.

Hibs couldn't win without Steven Fletcher and Mother-well couldn't win without Chris Porter.

All could be features of the SPL's final months after the vultures flew in through the transfer window. Aberdeen, without any recognisable formation and their best player, failed to take advantage.

And if that too becomes a stamp of the race for Europe, Jimmy Calderwood's only hope of needing his passport any time soon is that the board at Utrecht are looking the other way.

In the glow of beating Celtic, Jimmy's Pittodrie trademark of needless monkeying when things are working came back again, and Saturday was vintage.

Having lost only two of the previous 12 with four in defence, back came the compulsion to match Falkirk's 3-5-2.

It was hardly playing to Aberdeen's own strengths. Even Bayern didn't beat them when they stuck with 4-4-2.

Javan Vidal in particular looked thoroughly bemused throughout his tortuously long shift, proving that quality is no barrier to youngsters breaking into Aberdeen's side so long as they haven't been produced in-house.

Jimmy claimed never to have seen Vidal before signing him, and if he thinks he's a right winger then he clearly hasn't watched him since he arrived either.

Aluko fell victim to the Touzani syndrome – benched for looking average out of position after excelling where he belongs – and his introduction was both an hour too late and for the wrong man – Stuart Duff, the only Don on the day capable of putting his foot on the ball and picking a pass.

Football, essentially, is simple. As is anyone who over-complicates it.

HEARTS, without Christophe Berra, lost. Dundee United, without Willo Flood, lost.

Hibs couldn't win without Steven Fletcher and Mother-well couldn't win without Chris Porter.

All could be features of the SPL's final months after the vultures flew in through the transfer window. Aberdeen, without any recognisable formation and their best player, failed to take advantage.

And if that too becomes a stamp of the race for Europe, Jimmy Calderwood's only hope of needing his passport any time soon is that the board at Utrecht are looking the other way.

In the glow of beating Celtic, Jimmy's Pittodrie trademark of needless monkeying when things are working came back again, and Saturday was vintage.

Having lost only two of the previous 12 with four in defence, back came the compulsion to match Falkirk's 3-5-2.

It was hardly playing to Aberdeen's own strengths. Even Bayern didn't beat them when they stuck with 4-4-2.

Javan Vidal in particular looked thoroughly bemused throughout his tortuously long shift, proving that quality is no barrier to youngsters breaking into Aberdeen's side so long as they haven't been produced in-house.

Jimmy claimed never to have seen Vidal before signing him, and if he thinks he's a right winger then he clearly hasn't watched him since he arrived either.

Aluko fell victim to the Touzani syndrome – benched for looking average out of position after excelling where he belongs – and his introduction was both an hour too late and for the wrong man – Stuart Duff, the only Don on the day capable of putting his foot on the ball and picking a pass.

Ouchy.

We're still in with a good chance of qualifying for Europe next season, we've had some very good team performances over the past month or so, and Chris Crichton decides to write this bullshit after 1 poor performance?  Cunt.

I long for the day when all Aberdeen fans get right behind the team and the management and give their full backing.  Admittedly I'm probably kidding myself.

We're still in with a good chance of qualifying for Europe next season, we've had some very good team performances over the past month or so, and Chris Crichton decides to write this bullshit after 1 poor performance?  Cunt.

I long for the day when all Aberdeen fans get right behind the team and the management and give their full backing.  Admittedly I'm probably kidding myself.

One poor performance? What about Hamilton and Alloa?

I've got to say I'm gutted we lost on Saturday, but any tinkering with tactics and formation was simply Jimmy trying what he thought would give us our best chance of three points.

It appears on this occasion his game plan didn't work, however given his record (over-all and recent) I'm still happy to trust him to get it right in the coming weeks and months.  We all make mistakes.

JIG is God, so is stoney.  ;)

One poor performance? What about Hamilton and Alloa?

Hamilton I'll give you, correct me if I'm worng but I thought we beat Alloa?

It was never going to be easy playing against Alloa, a lower division side who were right up for it and determined to make a name for themselves and take a huge scalp.  Any win in a tie like that will do me.

Overall the good has outweighed the bad by some way imo.

I would agree that things are improving this season, but to say the good outway the bad is ludacris - we were bottom of the league, out of one cup already and should be much higher infact clear in third place had we kept things simple.

It annoys me that we are toiling to get ahead of united and hearts when we have the team to damage in this league.