Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

EE: Hitmen backed to bag 30 goals

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope so. They need to start putting more commenta from the fans with sense out in the open.

Yes, clearly.  ;);D

4 very good goals yesterday, just in case you still are a little confused Strachan, 2 of them came direct from set pieces you complete tool!

Tough game for Miller yesterday but it was clear the tim defence were very wary of him, they were all over him creating a bit of space elsewhere, Miller still did well having to do his work deeper than normal.

Yes, clearly.  ;);D

4 very good goals yesterday, just in case you still are a little confused Strachan, 2 of them came direct from set pieces you complete tool!

Tough game for Miller yesterday but it was clear the tim defence were very wary of him, they were all over him creating a bit of space elsewhere, Miller still did well having to do his work deeper than normal.

:lolabove:

Although not having the best of games Miller still won the physical battle with McManus, which for most players is a big ask. If we do sell him I want us asking for stupid money.

:lolabove: :lolabove:

To be honest if we sold him to the Huns we'd have more chance of getting money from a Zimbabwean (sp?)

businessman :thumbsup:

Yeah, it was in the Daily Ranger this morning that Murray is expecting a significant cash injection this week.

All he has to do is put Kris Boyd on a plane to Kinshasa and he will get the proceeds of an as yet unclaimed win on the DR of Congo national lottery.

Yeah, it was in the Daily Ranger this morning that Murray is expecting a significant cash injection this week.

All he has to do is put Kris Boyd on a plane to Kinshasa and he will get the proceeds of an as yet unclaimed win on the DR of Congo national lottery.

:lolabove:

Noticed Fleck was playing, literally days after being touted for a move to Man Utd.

Papers and other fans are saying Smtih is panicking and played the Scottish Rooney to try something different and show the unwashed that he will give youth a chance. Anyone else think it was just a chance for scouts to see what the loon/goon can do?

• 1 month later...

After 17/02/09 (Eats Fife game)

Defence 9

Midfield  10

Strikers 20

Considine    1

Diamond     3 

Mulgrew     4

Vidal          1

MacDonald  5   

Young        1   

Aluko         3   

Duff           1

Maguire      3 

Mackie       6 

Miller         10

Wright        1

Non-strikers      19 goals

Strikers            20 goals

66% there on the 30 target  :thumbsup:

After 17/02/09 (Eats Fife game)

Defence 9

Midfield  10

Strikers 20

Considine    1

Diamond     3 

Mulgrew     4

Vidal          1

MacDonald  5   

Young        1   

Aluko         3   

Duff           1

Maguire      3 

Mackie       6 

Miller         10

Wright        1

Non-strikers      19 goals

66% there on the 30 target  :thumbsup:

Apologies Ajja, as I know you put a lot of effort into keeping this going...  ;)... but i always presumed (probably wrongly) that the 30 goals were league goals only? (and sorry for being too lazy to go back and read the thread from the start!)

Apologies Ajja, as I know you put a lot of effort into keeping this going...  ;)... but i always presumed (probably wrongly) that the 30 goals were league goals only? (and sorry for being too lazy to go back and read the thread from the start!)

ABERDEEN’S front men are ready to match the 30-goal target set for them by manager Jimmy Calderwood.

That’s the verdict of reserve team coach Sandy Clark after spending the last month sharpening up their front-men for the big SPL kick-off.

Calderwood wants his four main strikers to deliver at least 30 goals between them to bolster Aberdeen’s chances of qualifying for Europe.

That’s something that has happened only twice in the last 10 seasons. But Clark is convinced Lee Miller, Darren Mackie, Chris Maguire and new man Tommy Wright have it in them to give Calderwood what he wants.

“It’s a very reasonable target,†said Sandy, who was a top-class striker himself with Hearts, Rangers and West Ham.

“All four are capable of delivering their fair share and will get their chance over the course of the campaign.

“It is very rare nowadays for one strike pairing to get the luxury of playing together all season.

“Injuries and suspensions mean you tend to find the combinations change quite a lot.

“But a target of 30 goals means they will need to get about seven or eight each.

“It’s not really a lot when you look at it that way, so we will all be disappointed if they stay fit and can’t deliver that total.

“Lee was our top scorer last season and I’m sure he will score more than his fair share again.

“Darren is fit again and eager to make up for lost time after only getting four last time.

“Darren always seems to score the important ones though, and I am certain he will continue that.

“Wee Chris is going to be a lot more involved as well and I’m excited by the thought of what he could achieve in the new season.

“Tommy will do his bit as well.

“I was sent to watch him play and was impressed by his aggression and sheer will to get in about defenders and win the ball.

“If we get the ball wide so that it can be delivered into the area the way Tommy likes it, I am certain he will score a good number of goals.â€

In the days when Sandy was a player, most Scottish clubs had one striker who was expected to deliver the bulk of that 30-goal target on his own – but he accepts times have changed.

“Football has become more squad orientated, so you don’t see many teams sticking with the same strikers all of the time,†he said.

“In one of the seasons I played for Hearts, we only used 14 players the whole season.

“When you are playing every week it stands to reason that you will have more chance of scoring goals.

“But strikers now find their playing time restricted because their club may choose to go with one up or make some other tactical change.

“I played with Ally McCoist at Rangers and John Robertson at Hearts, who were among the greatest of what you would class as old fashioned poachers.

“They did very little in games at times, but would then pop up with the goals that mattered.

“Few clubs can afford the luxury of players like those now.

“The strikers have become the first line of defence, so they have to be a lot more mobile and be willing to track back a lot more than some of the great names from the past did.â€

Sandy spent extra hours in Holland supervising special shooting drills at their training ground in Delden.

He was delighted with the way the players improved the quality of their shooting and movement over the course of 10 days.

“They are looking sharp and are now ready to go,†he said.

“Strikers are only as good as the delivery they get and that is something we worked on a lot.

“Most of our drills involve moving the ball about at pace and firing into the area early for the strikers.

“We also incorporate a bit of competition to add a bit more bite to the training.

“They take part in various shooting competitions and you would be amazed at how competitive they get at times.

“The quality of finishing was exceptional at times. But the strikers now have to prove they can do the same when the real action starts.â€

No specifics mentioned in the original article but I guess you can surmise as you please. One thing is certain, I ain't stripping out any non-league goals  :P so you can choose to accept them or MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING STATS FILE INSTEAD OF CHEERING FROM THE SIDELINES AS MINE ARE CONSTANTLY CRITICISED AND PICKED APART YOU FUCKING FUCKTARD......thanks for acknowledging the hard work though  ;)

No penalties either?  :P

well if you wish to count them as to how prolific a striker is, I'd suggest it skews the results somewhat.  As an aside, Duncan Shearer, hans Gillhaus, Eric Black, Mark McGhee, Frank McDougall all have impressive records at Aberdeen. None of them hit penalties on a consistent basis.

:P

;)

After 21/02/09 (UTD game)

Defence 10

Midfield  11

Strikers 20

Considine    1

Diamond     4 

Mulgrew     4

Vidal          1

MacDonald  5   

Young        1   

Aluko         3   

Duff           1

Severin      1

Maguire      3 

Mackie       6 

Miller         10

Wright        1

Non-strikers      21 goals

Non-strikers back on top. 10 goals from defence looks pretty good, almost as many as from the midfield

• 2 weeks later...

After 7/03/09 (Dunfermline cup game)

Defence 10

Midfield  12

Strikers 21

Considine    1

Diamond    4 

Mulgrew    4

Vidal          1

MacDonald  5 

Young        1 

Aluko        4 

Duff          1

Severin      1

Maguire      3 

Mackie      6 

Miller        10

Wright        2

Non-strikers      22 goals

Strikers            21 goals

• 2 weeks later...

After hibs 22/3/09

Defence 10

Midfield  12

Strikers 22

Considine    1

Diamond    4

Mulgrew    4

Vidal          1

MacDonald  5 

Young        1 

Aluko        4 

Duff          1

Severin      1

Maguire      4

Mackie      6

Miller        10

Wright        2

Strikers            22 goals

---------

Back to even for the strikers v non-strikers, the strikers will have to score a goal per game to make the target.

• 2 weeks later...

Considine    1

Diamond     4

Mulgrew     4

Vidal          1

MacDonald  5   

Young        1   

Aluko         4   

Duff           1

Severin      1

Maguire      5

Mackie       6

Miller         10

Wright        2

Strikers            23 goals

--

After well game 4/09

Considine    1

Diamond    4

Mulgrew    4

Vidal          1

MacDonald  5 

Young        1 

Aluko        4 

Duff          1

Severin      1

Maguire      5

Mackie      6

Miller        10

Wright        2

Strikers            23 goals

--

After well game 4/09

I'm wiiling to bet the £1000 i've won off Jager, that our strikers will finally bag their 30th goal on the last day of the season, making it a 'success' ::)