Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

EE: Hitmen backed to bag 30 goals

I'm wiiling to bet the £1000 i've won off Jager, that our strikers will finally bag their 30th goal on the last day of the season, making it a 'success' ::)

After the 4-0 win at the weekend we will be much closer with Maguire bagging 2, Miller 1 and Seve getting the other.  :thumbsup:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the goals scored by midfielders when played up front included as strikers goals or not?

Someone get the rules for the thread about strikers scoring goals again we have yet more technical misunderstandings to adjudicate  8)

Bit off topic but Miller out for the Celtic game and the fisrt game after the split

LEE Miller is out of Aberdeen’s SPL clash with Celtic in Glasgow next weekend.

Miller’s booking in last Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Motherwell at Fir Park pushed him over the SFA’s penalty points threshold and earned him a two-game ban.

It means the Dons will be without their top scorer for the trip to Celtic Park and their first match after the SPL split.

For more on this story, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express or check back later.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but Sandy Clark is in the EE this morning saying that the strikers have done well this season  :o

My strikers have done well for Aberdeen FC

Sandy Clark defends hitmen

By Sean Wallace

Published: 14/04/2009

ON THE WRIGHT ROAD: Tommy Wright scored his only league goal for Aberdeen against St Mirren in March.

More Pictures

ABERDEEN FC striker coach, Sandy Clark, today defended the club’s shot-shy attack.

The four hitmen – Lee Miller, Darren Mackie, Tommy Wright and Chris Maguire – have netted a combined total of only 23 goals this season.

They are set to fall short of Aberdeen FC manager Jimmy Calderwood’s target of 30 goals for the campaign.

Aberdeen FC scoring legend Frank McDougall recently slated the strikers’ lack of goals in the Evening Express, but Clark insists they do carry a potent threat.

Clark said: “The strikers at the club have done a good job and have scored some important goals this season.

“Lee Miller in particular has had a great season which saw him recognised at international level.’’

For more on this story, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express or check back later.

Don't really think thats true at all, apart from Miller, who obviously has won a cap, but even still, our strikers do not score enough goals. Can't see them scoring 7 in the next 6 games.

The strikers, in general, have been poor. The service, in general, has similarly been poor but the strikers have not taken as many chances as they should.

Miller is a first pick but his partners have not pushed on at all and established themselves, the pick of whom is probably Maguire but he has been desperate at times.

The strikers, in general, have been poor. The service, in general, has similarly been poor but the strikers have not taken as many chances as they should.

Miller is a first pick but his partners have not pushed on at all and established themselves, the pick of whom is probably Maguire but he has been desperate at times.

Completely agree. Its not that the strikers aren't getting the chances, they are (albeit not hundreds of chances), but there have been many times this season where they just don't pull the trigger (or more often than not just waste it). This is something that needs to be addressed. I think our only hope is Maguire takes confidence from his goals in Scotland and a for AFC and starts to push on. Mackie and Wright are not the answers.

But he'd have shite service etc...never get 30 ;)

Seriously though, I personally think that this is the biggest amount of pish I've heard that cunt (Sandy Clark) come out with. Really is trying to justify his job here.

Have we not been through this before, Sandy Clark is reserve coach is he not?

I thought the reserves were scrapped? Or is that as of the following season. I still think he's a waste of space though.

Clark is a coach not a miracle worker. You can't polish a turd as my old gran used to say.