Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Tommy Wright deal on verge of collapse...or is it?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaas!

A big tough bastard. Just what we need up front.  :thumbsup:

He is the ying to Lee Miller's yang.

I still think he sounds like the ying to Lee Miller's ying. We're crying out for a yang. We haven't had a yang since Billy Dodds' first season with us.

I'm also concerned that, if this hard bastard stuff proves to be the case, the refs will target Wright and he'll just end up giving loads of free-kicks away rather than putting the fear of God into defenders. Defenders will just need to do a Pressley to deal with him - bump into him and go down.

However, none of us have seen him play yet (and might never do...) so I'll give him a chance.

Wright: I will be fit to face Inverness

Striker confident he’ll pass medical

EXCLUSIVE

By Andrew Moir

Published: 07/08/2008

IN THE WRIGHT MOOD: Striker Tommy Wright at his Granite City hotel today. Picture by Donna Murray.

More Pictures

TOMMY Wright today insisted he’ll pass a medical to complete his dream move north.

And the striker is desperate for a shot at Inverness Caley Thistle in Saturday’s SPL opener.

Wright’s £75,000 transfer was delayed last month as he was still recovering from an injury to his right knee which left the move in doubt.

But the 23-year-old insists he is nearly back to full fitness and would be ready to make his debut at the weekend.

“I’m delighted to be coming to Aberdeen, especially as it has dragged on for a while now,†said Wright.

“I have already had all my scans and the club is happy with them. It’s just the fact I hadn’t been in full training that held things up.

“I'm confident of completing the move.â€

“It would be fine to feature at some point against Inverness Caley Thistle, but that’s all entirely down to the judgement of the manager and medical staff.

“I certainly feel fit enough to at least take a place on the bench but that won’t be my decision.â€

Wright also revealed how he suffered the injury that nearly wrecked his Dons switch.

He was forced to wear a protective strap during his rehabilitation.

But the former England youth international is now back up to full strength and ready to pen a three-year deal.

He added: “I damaged medial ligaments in my right knee while playing for Darlington in the play-offs and as a result had to wear a brace for two months.

“That steadied the injury and helped to aid my recovery.

“It feels fine and I have been kicking a ball again for a few weeks now.

“I was a little wary at first and did suffer a few niggles, but that is only to be expected.

“That was three or four weeks ago and I haven’t had anything like that again recently which has been very reassuring.

“I’m confident everything will be fine in terms of my medical.

“I've been doing things over the last two weeks which should easily get me through a medical.

“I’m also pleased it’s a three-year deal which gives me the chance to settle properly.â€

Wright will battle it out for a striking slot in Jimmy Calderwood’s team along with Lee Miller, Darren Mackie and Chris Maguire.

And he’s determined to show his class at Pittodrie to earn a regular slot in the Dons attack.

Wright won England youth honours earlier in his career and reckons that extra experience can only benefit him.

“I played for England at under-19 level and in a tournament for the under-20s which was a great honour.

“That's an achievement that I can look back on and be proud of.

“To represent your country at any level is something every player wants to do.

“Being involved with England helped my development earlier in my career.

“I know I can still improve and get better as I’m just 23.

“I want to develop further as a player at Aberdeen.â€

Wright is expected to be paraded as Calderwood’s sixth summer signing tomorrow.

I was gonna let this one pass. But ... Mizer, why do you currently possess a pair of pants that either belong to TopCorner or Jaegerdeen? Is there some sort of horny ménage à trois going on here that you'd like to share amongst us?

They're gay.