Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Rangers thread

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Seve and Zander were utterly superb tonight, they were too good for Rangers attackers tonight.  Darchville and Cousin could still be playing and they still wouldn't have scored.  Can't believe Walter didn't start Boyd tonight... although there was no creativity in that Rangers team.

Cuellar will have to do better if he's going to be a success in the EPL.  Nowhere to be seen for the first goal and caught napping for Mackies goal.  Very poor performance tonight, from a player who has done well this season.

... BTW Where were those 6 goals you promised us Eddie?

I've just won £500 partly thanks to the Dandy Dons... tremendous stuff. Didn't think we played that well tonight, but we showed that we can grind results out. The back four did well, and I think I'd keep Seve there for next season, but I thought Lee Miller played really well tonight. Nice to see a Dons player actually using his head, in more ways than one.

I've just won £500 partly thanks to the Dandy Dons... tremendous stuff. Didn't think we played that well tonight, but we showed that we can grind results out. The back four did well, and I think I'd keep Seve there for next season, but I thought Lee Miller played really well tonight. Nice to see a Dons player actually using his head, in more ways than one.

I've been a big critic of his aerial ability but to be fair he was great for his goal. Although it was a perfect ball from Barry he still had to direct it, was brilliant. Just shows heading isn't always about the power.

Sooo flipping happy, we played well tonight, still a few stray passes and so on but as a unit we played well.

This result has restored faith in the club, and alittle more in our manager and hopefully this will get a few more season tickets sold, Europe, two semis and a high league finish even though we've been rubbish in it, i am now happier, thank you very much.

One of my former workmates was working tonight, a big Hun but decent enough guy, and came up to my friend and I with about 10 minutes to go and told us that he put money on Miller first scorer and 2-0 FT at 175/1. Small consolation to him I guess.

Great game, really enjoyed it. Thanks Dons!

One of my former workmates was working tonight, a big Hun but decent enough guy, and came up to my friend and I with about 10 minutes to go and told us that he put money on Miller first scorer and 2-0 FT at 175/1. Small consolation to him I guess.

Great game, really enjoyed it. Thanks Dons!

Nice one for him i bet that softened the blow of his side not winning the league.

RS i seen ya, you made our support look like idiots with your actions.

Seve was excellent tonight.  Duff, although missing a couple of chances, was one of our better players.  Pretty much good performances all round.

Fucking yes!!!!!!!!!!!

:ultras:

Seve strolled through the game. Great to see. Defensively solid. Zander made only one mistake, a howler, but we expect that from him, one. He was excellent too. So commanding in the air, and one tough, getting stronger all the time muthafucka.

And on other forums, I was staggered at how much stick Duff got, before he'd even had a couple of hours under his belt. Always looking to play the simple ball, back to Foster mostly, and good ball control.

They all played well but special mention to Lee Miller. I credited him for both goals v. Celtic in the QF. He has superb and sublime touch. Been brilliant in 2008.

EDIT: You should have seen us when Cousin cowardly elbowed Maybury off the ball. But Nacho kissing the badge and shit in front of us was too much.

We had good crack with the copper in front of us, giving us free licence if any shit like Nacho's sending off would occur.

Was there any evidence of hun infiltration in the Aberdeen sections?

Didn't see any but after the game some cunt was playing some sectarian orange march music. Thinking of saying something too him but I am not the greatest person at confrontation. Also after the game some guy started shouting out of his car at us. My mate, I think, stuck his finger up at him and he was about to get out of his car but couldn't open the door.

Also someone in front of me had a hammer and sickle Russian flag and the steward asked him too put it down for some reason. Not sure why, but guessing, to try and not cause trouble but still ridiculous.

Was there any evidence of hun infiltration in the Aberdeen sections?

Dunno, saw a couple of blokes who were stoney faced and silent the entire match. Only people who didn't seem to stand up during the whole 'Stand up, if you hate Rangers' bit, and seemed to only relucantly get to their feet when Aberdeen scored.

I did see someone wearing  a Celtic hat though.

This thread's busy.  Bunch of part-timers  ;)

Just in, what a cracking game.  Really enjoyed it, with a brilliant atmosphere.  Just fucking loved it!  The huns were singing "You're only here to see the Rangers!" at us, but by the end of the game it was us that was singing "

i  They looked pretty crestfallen by the end of the match.  :wave:

We played very well.  Rangers piled on the pressure at times but never really created a lot of clear cut changes.

Seve was excellent tonight.  Duff, although missing a couple of chances, was one of our better players.  Pretty much good performances all round.

Fucking yes!!!!!!!!!!!

:ultras:

it was us singing

"your only here to see the dandies!"