Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Rangers thread

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a mighty big assumption matey, United have a point to prove after Ibrox.

No chance they will have a bit of a lie-down after McCurry-gate, the implication being he is of a 'Rangers mind'? Anyway, I reckon Celtic will do the business regardless.

No chance they will have a bit of a lie-down after McCurry-gate, the implication being he is of a 'Rangers mind'? Anyway, I reckon Celtic will do the business regardless.

They won't lie down but there's plenty shite to travel down the pipe before the end.

It is conceivable the huns win on goal difference, pumping both St Mirren and us in the process.

I can't see it happening myself, but a humping of St Mirren could well give them the opportunity to beat us 3 or 4 nil for the title. Jesus, that doesn't bear thinking about.

It all depends on the St Mirren game, if they do get a few (4 or 5) and the munchers win narrowly against the arabs (the most likely scenario) then an almighty pumping of us could be enough.

We'll avoid defeat against them though. :thumbsup:

Guest bloo_toon_red

I can't see it happening myself, but a humping of St Mirren could well give them the opportunity to beat us 3 or 4 nil for the title.

Granted it's been against bottom six opposition, but St Mirren have kept clean sheets in their last four games...

Celtic will find it difficult at Tannadice.  I expect it will be one of those last days that's going to swing back and forth.

Actually just realised that this now has even more potential for it kicking off, Celtic and Rangers fans aswell as Dandies on the same train for atleast 2 hours, that will be fun for some of you.

I hope we draw with them, obviously i want us to win but being realistic i can see it being a score draw.

Actually just realised that this now has even more potential for it kicking off, Celtic and Rangers fans aswell as Dandies on the same train for atleast 2 hours, that will be fun for some of you.

I hope we draw with them, obviously i want us to win but being realistic i can see it being a score draw.

Not sure there is a train back to Glasgow from Aberdeen after the game and might be a good thing!!

Not sure there is a train back to Glasgow from Aberdeen after the game and might be a good thing!!

You cant get back to Edinburgh or Glasgow direct, you can get to Perth and possibly a connection from there? Probably means lots of them will be staying up as I know all the cheap fares going up have gone.

Northfield Quine and I are travelling up by train  :thumbsup:

You cant get back to Edinburgh or Glasgow direct, you can get to Perth and possibly a connection from there? Probably means lots of them will be staying up as I know all the cheap fares going up have gone.

There are no trains back from Aberdeen that go further south than Perth, and cheap fares weren't available Friday am either so I agree there will probably be alot of them staying up.

Let's hope Grampian's finest are well prepared!

im sitting quite close to the away fans. im thinking as soon its final whistle im offski before stuff gets hurled in the RDS direction

If the Tims beat the Jutes by a single goal the huns need to bang in 5 against us at the Pitt.

Unfortunately if there's a team likely to bottle it and ship 5 goals it's Aberdeen.

If the Tims beat the Jutes by a single goal the huns need to bang in 5 against us at the Pitt.

Unfortunately if there's a team likely to bottle it and ship 5 goals it's Aberdeen.

shouldn't be any reason to bottle it as we have no real pressure on us. Get Mackie and Maguire in behind them as they push up and we will take them to the fackin' cleaners mate  8)

They would need 6 as i'm led to believe that Celtic would still win by having scored more goals if they only get 5.

They would need 6 as i'm led to believe that Celtic would still win by having scored more goals if they only get 5.

Incorrect my amigo.

Team  P  W  D  L  F  A  W  D  L  F  A  GD  PTS

1 Celtic 37 14 4 1 42 7 13 1 4 41 19 57 86

2 Rangers 37 18 0 1 50 10 9 5 4 34 21 53 86

Beating Gers at Pittodrie would make it grand finale

Calderwood wants victory for the fans and the chance to finish fourth

By Michael Gannon

Published: 20/05/2008

There is more than money at stake for Aberdeen as they prepare for the SPL finale against Rangers at Pittodrie on Thursday.

Manager Jimmy Calderwood is more concerned about ending the campaign with a victory in front of the Dons supporters – and the prestige of a higher finish in the league.

Victory against the Light Blues would almost certainly end Rangers’ title bid – but it could also hoist the Dons into a fourth-placed SPL finish should other results go their way. Fourth place would earn Aberdeen a further £100,000 from the SPL prizefund.

Motherwell have already claimed third place and earned approximately £840,000, while fourth would net around £750,000.

The prizes drop to £700,000 and £650,000 for fifth and sixth respectively.

Calderwood said: “It would have been great if we were still in with a chance of third, but there is still plenty for us to play for. Fourth spot would be a tremendous achievement when you look at the season as a whole.

“We have played far more games than anyone else around us, apart from the Old Firm, so to get fourth spot would be great. There is money to be won, but I’ll let other people at the club worry about that. I am more concerned with getting three points.

“There is no chance we will not be trying to win the game. It would be a fantastic end to the season for the supporters and I know they would love nothing more than beating Rangers. It would be a tremendous boost for the supporters to take into the summer. Rangers will be coming here with the chance to become champions and the spotlight will be on us.â€

Calderwood will today hold talks with Alan Maybury and Stuart Duff about the prospects of the pair remaining at Pittodrie.

Defender Maybury is a free agent after being released by Leicester City, while versatile midfielder Duff  :hammer: is coming to the end of his six-month contract at the Dons.

Both players have been offered new terms for next season and Calderwood is hoping to receive answers sooner rather than later.

Calderwood said: “We will see what happens. I might not get definite answers, but I will get an indication.â€

Calderwood will continue to assess the three trialists at the club. French goalkeeper Bertrand Bossu, forward Iwan Redan and defender Sefanja Davids, both from Holland, trained with the Dons last week and will do so today and tomorrow before Calderwood makes a decision.

He added: “We have a few irons in the fire, but these things can sometimes take 10 minutes and others 10 days.â€

Attacker Jamie Smith has returned to training, but is unlikely to be fit enough to face Rangers. Dave Bus, Andrew Considine and Derek Young are all doubts, but defender Zander Diamond is back after suspension.

Hmm, I've just realised, my ticket is in the extra bit that the old firm get. Do I need to go into the ticket office and get a replacement ticket? Normally thats what happens, but my dad does it as he lives in Aberdeen anyway, but at the moment he's in another country.

Hmm.

Seen Spiers on Scotsport last night saying the Huns were a team with momentum (??) and they would stick a few past us. The lads should need no more motivation.

No they shouldn't.

But how have the huns got momentum? From 1 game v St. Mirren?  ???