Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Rangers thread

Jimmy has apparently stated that our season is over. It's not. As a club that has this rivalry with Rangers it would be a success story of our season if we stopped them from winning the league. Our manager is a hun but will he do anything other than try to win the game? If he does I will not renew my season ticket. Thankfully I can't see it happening. I hope.

Don't let these cants party at our place for Christ's sake, Jimmy.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swaddon

If he thinks the season is over, then he's an idiot. We can still finish higher up in the league, and possibly have a bearing on where the title goes, so his team had better give 100% next week, or he can join half the team on the dole queue this summer.

Rangers banned from europe next season - motherwell take champs league spot - and we beat the huns & finish fourth and get uefa spot -  :thumbsup:

I love it when a plan comes together!

a-team-gp.jpg

Fingers crossed!!

wish i'd put money on them being banned for next season, seemed such a safe bet aswell

I bet McGhee isn't telling his team their season is over. I fully expect Motherwell to come out and play free flowing football to finish their season (in terms of home games) with a bang. Huns out on their arses after Wednesday and it'll be SPL title down the pan for sure. We will only be left to bang the nail in the coffin  ;D

FFS

Just gonnae no JC!!

Smith in frame for Rangers crunch

Published: 17/05/2008

HOPES: Jamie Smith

More Pictures

JAMIE Smith could make a surprise return in Aberdeen’s last game of the season against Rangers at Pittodrie on Thursday.

Smith, pictured below, has suffered an injury-plagued campaign as a recurring hamstring strain has limited his appearances.

Jamie’s latest setback came against former club Celtic at the start of March in the Scottish Cup draw at Pittodrie.

But Smith could make a welcome return in the Rangers showdown.

Jimmy Calderwood also revealed that defender Lee Mair is back in the frame following a knee injury.

“Lee and Jamie are both in training while Zander Diamond has recovered after illness,†said Calderwood.

“Andrew Considine and Derek Young could also return, so we’ve virtually got a full strength squad to pick from.

“The only absentee is Richie Byrne who had been out for a while.â€

Loan duo Josh Walker and Sone Aluko have both now left the Dons as they’ve been called up for the England youth clash with Belarus next week.

The pair will return to their clubs in the summer.

Christ why won't he just let him recover fully and get a good pre season under him? Surely its the logical thing to do?

The first thing I thought when I saw the news that Aluko had been allowed to go with the England U-19s and Smith was back in training, was "I'll bet he's going to use Smith against the huns." And what d'ya know?

The first thing I thought when I saw the news that Aluko had been allowed to go with the England U-19s and Smith was back in training, was "I'll bet he's going to use Smith against the huns." And what d'ya know?

I don't know why I'm surprised really  :-\ We always knew he would do this. Why not follow logic though  ???  I mean, what a game to come back into!

If he's fit why not play him?

Because we know more than likely he won't be. As GS said, how many times has this happened? I mean, its the last game of the season, why not just let him rest for a bit longer and get a good pre season under his belt. We need him big time next season.

He won't be fit. Not properly match fit anyway. How often has he come back into the squad after just getting into training and being pronounced "fit" only to break down 20mins in the game with another month long injury?

Fit enough to play is fit enough.

How often has he been injured in training?

Do we stop him training?

Play our best available team against the cunts and if he is fit (yes, I know that means trusting our medical staff  :o) then he is part of our best team.

They are 7 goals behind so if they beat St Mirren say 4-0 and Celtic beat Dundee Utd 2-0 then they would have to beat us 5-0 so hopefully they have lost the league.

Hopefully all out attack against us so we can catch them out. OF fans travelling north at the same time could be rather messy on thursday night though  :o