Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Rangers thread

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swaddon

Wattie reckons that Aberdeen only get motivated to play his fantastic team. ::)

If his team were as motivated as we were, perhaps he'd be one trophy away from a quadruple, instead of winning just one cup. :thumbsup:

Bitter, yes, but it isn't too far from the truth.

Maybe. In recent years I don't think we have raised our game much beyond our normal standard against the Hun. I think last night the pressure was off and the players showed a sense of freedom which, coupled with the huge pressure the Hun felt, allowed them to play decent attacking football.

Maybe. In recent years I don't think we have raised our game much beyond our normal standard against the Hun. I think last night the pressure was off and the players showed a sense of freedom which, coupled with the huge pressure the Hun felt, allowed them to play decent attacking football.

I didn't see the game but in general we do play with more passion against them at Pittodrie.

We don't have a bad record at Pittodrie in recent years.

Thought Seve and Zander were utterly superb tonight, they were too good for Rangers attackers tonight.  Darchville and Cousin could still be playing and they still wouldn't have scored.

Agree completely with that. Seve murdered them time and time again. Big game player. Wish he was an every game player! Come on Seve, let's see that more often!

Was really pissed off with the vile look on Kris Boyd's face when he saw that Novo had been shown a red card.

Fuck off ye filthy mink. Fucking delighted that him and his hun mates didn't get their win. >:D:hammer: :hammer:

Guest Caroline B

Was there any evidence of hun infiltration in the Aberdeen sections?

2 of the soap dodgers were in front of me and didn't say a word the whole match. They sat stoney faced throughout the goals but ended up taking some amount of stick from the lads around us.

Guest swaddon

Should've let celtic beat us in the cup - and now we'd be in europe again  :hammer:

Should've beaten Queen of the South in the cup, then we'd be in Europe again.  :hammer:

I didn't see the game but in general we do play with more passion against them at Pittodrie.

We don't have a bad record at Pittodrie in recent years.

We are unbeaten v the huns at Pittodrie since Traitor Smith took over  ;D

Next season one of our aims should be to show that passion against them at Ibrox, and erase that 16/17 year old 'no win' record that is dragged up along wi the Simmy tackle in the weegie media every time we play there

We are unbeaten v the huns at Pittodrie since Traitor Smith took over  ;D

Next season one of our aims should be to show that passion against them at Ibrox, and erase that 16/17 year old 'no win' record that is dragged up along wi the Simmy tackle in the weegie media every time we play there

It's been a long painful time since the last one.

I was stunned to find out Nespa's first AFC goal there was the Seve wonder free kick there in the 1-1 draw there a season or two back.

I felt kinda blessed.

Apparently the game was shown in Australia. My ex's mum (who's an Aussie) watched it, good to see Aberdeen getting a good representation across the world.

Only once in Australia did I have the misfortune of watching an Aberdeen game live. Was it the 92 cup final at Darkheid? We got beat anyway and in a culture of zero passion for soccer, felt it was inappropraite to smash up the joint. Plus it was a hoose, and the kids were sleeping.

Made up for it at the Grand final (Aussie Rules) a few months later. All day BBQ and sesh. Drank a whole bottle of disgusting Chivas Regal and had a perfectly executed and hugely efficient vomit of approx 2 litres of spew in the street at 6 or 7 p.m. on route to the car, 20 yards from the front door in front of 25+ witnesses.

Classy guys those Scots eh? Serious, it was legend. Spew like you're having a gob, then carry on. Fuck, I was wasted but I never showed it to those pussys.

Classy guys those Scots eh? Serious, it was legend. Spew like you're having a gob, then carry on. Fuck, I was wasted but I never showed it to those pussys.

The way forward!!

Done similar when out with English in-laws, never ever show weakness with bevvy. Spew like you are checking your pockets for change!

I don't spew often, about once every couple of years but you don't want to be there, hostile projectile! Then back on the swally!