Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Rangers thread

How are the ticket sales for the Man United game going?

I ask because it is also a game that means nothing.

Yes both games mean nothing but am sure there will be more Aberdeen fans go to the Man u game as you are playing a quality team and its different occasion.

Mate just bought a ticket for Section y and she had no problems getting a ticket. Will be pleasantly surprised if we get a sell-out and that No huns will be in our end.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beating Gers at Pittodrie would make it grand finale

Calderwood wants victory for the fans and the chance to finish fourth

By Michael Gannon

Published: 20/05/2008

There is more than money at stake for Aberdeen as they prepare for the SPL finale against Rangers at Pittodrie on Thursday.

Manager Jimmy Calderwood is more concerned about ending the campaign with a victory in front of the Dons supporters – and the prestige of a higher finish in the league.Victory against the Light Blues would almost certainly end Rangers’ title bid – but it could also hoist the Dons into a fourth-placed SPL finish should other results go their way. Fourth place would earn Aberdeen a further £100,000 from the SPL prizefund.

Motherwell have already claimed third place and earned approximately £840,000, while fourth would net around £750,000.

The prizes drop to £700,000 and £650,000 for fifth and sixth respectively.

Calderwood said: “It would have been great if we were still in with a chance of third, but there is still plenty for us to play for. Fourth spot would be a tremendous achievement when you look at the season as a whole.

“We have played far more games than anyone else around us, apart from the Old Firm, so to get fourth spot would be great. There is money to be won, but I’ll let other people at the club worry about that. I am more concerned with getting three points.

“There is no chance we will not be trying to win the game. It would be a fantastic end to the season for the supporters and I know they would love nothing more than beating Rangers. It would be a tremendous boost for the supporters to take into the summer. Rangers will be coming here with the chance to become champions and the spotlight will be on us.â€

JC has certainly changed his opinion from last week, when according to him our season was finished.

After last week, I'm being a real killjoy and insisting my son and his mates get a lift in with me on Thursday rather than taking the train.

I'm all for try and find out for yersel, the hard way, but mouthy teenage AFC loons and a bunch of hun scum? Nah, not happening.

I could go with them on the train but the thought of listening to their weegie accents and their smell just makes me want to puke.

After last week, I'm being a real killjoy and insisting my son and his mates get a lift in with me on Thursday rather than taking the train.

I'm all for try and find out for yersel, the hard way, but mouthy teenage AFC loons and a bunch of hun scum? Nah, not happening.

I could go with them on the train but the thought of listening to their weegie accents and their smell just makes me want to puke.

i am going to suffer them all the way from Edinburgh me and Aberdeen Ladette is on train up. Hopefully we have timed it right and we get in earlier than them.  :hammer:

Next day train should be fine hopefully.  :thumbsup:

i am going to suffer them all the way from Edinburgh me and Aberdeen Ladette is on train up. Hopefully we have timed it right and we get in earlier than them.  :hammer:

Next day train should be fine hopefully.  :thumbsup: 

And I said no, no, no!  ;)

Be much more fun if the is train full of them, especially a combination up to Dundee  :thumbsup:

When I got my ticket the guy said there were a few tickets left in section Y of the South Stand and the wings of RDS.

Probably some in the main stand too, but thats more expensive so I never bothered asking. So the game is getting close-ish to selling out, on a Thursday when it's a 'nothing' game. How many Rangers fans are going to be in the Aberdeen section?

When I got my ticket the guy said there were a few tickets left in section Y of the South Stand and the wings of RDS.

Probably some in the main stand too, but thats more expensive so I never bothered asking. So the game is getting close-ish to selling out, on a Thursday when it's a 'nothing' game. How many Rangers fans are going to be in the Aberdeen section?

Quite a few Geoff.

Don't worry jmo,

when walking to your seat - just shout out "I smell fuckin huns" - and look to see who looks nervous - then steam in and watch the shiting rat eating soap dodging queen humping bastards flee in terror  :thumbsup:

Wonder if they'll try celebrating if Rangers score.

I liked the sound of your previous plan Jagerdeen, sell them the ticket, (or a copy) tell the copper and acuse them of theft ;) Nothing like beating them at their own game  ;D  :thumbsup:  Any hun that dares do anything deserves shite from pittodrie's finest (the seagulls of course!)

in the ticket office today - someone had left a roll of blank tickets suspiciously out of view of the counter staff, but within reach of a groper's hands  :o

Well did you then?  ;) It would be rude not to sell "tickets" to the ppeeeepol.

So apparently there is a helacopter ready to bring the trophy to whichever team wins the league. I thought Aberdeen had said they wouldn't let Rangers be presented the trophy up here.

Lets just worry about getting a result.  If worst comes to the worst the surface to air missiles can be brought out to dissuade any helicopters from entering Pittodrie airspace

See Setanta, on Freeview, do you have to pay a connection fee? Do you need a box with a card slot?

Freeview aren't showing the Aberdeen game, it's Utd/Times they've got on. You need access to Setanta 2 to see our game, which is on Virgin Media and possible BT Vision.

Freeview aren't showing the Aberdeen game, it's Utd/Times they've got on. You need access to Setanta 2 to see our game, which is on Virgin Media and possible BT Vision.

Ah okay. I don't feel brave enough to venture to a pub.

I read in the metro this morning that if Rangers win the SPl they will be presented the trophy on the pitch, anyone confirm this?

You better win tonight loons!!! :hammer:

Where else would they be presented with it?

I read in the metro this morning that if Rangers win the SPl they will be presented the trophy on the pitch, anyone confirm this?

You better win tonight loons!!! :hammer:

Yep, there's going to be a helicopter in between Tannadice and Pittodrie.  It was confirmed in the EE yesterday.

Yep, there's going to be a helicopter in between Tannadice and Pittodrie.  It was confirmed in the EE yesterday.

I'm convinced that Aberdeen told the SPL they wouldn't let that happen. Why have they suddenly changed their mind?