Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dyon Camero

Guest swaddon

Guest swaddon

It says in today's Record that Jimmy C is about to offer a deal to a Dutch teenager called Dyon Camero, who's on trial from some tiny Dutch club I've never heard of.

Yup, he signed for that team no-one's heard of after being released by JDV's old team de Graffschap. I don't think he gets a game for that tiny Dutch club no-one's heard of's first team either as he's listed on the A squad (reserves presumably?) on their website. He'll be a replacement for Jon Smith/Dyron Daal/et al.

Yup, he signed for that team no-one's heard of after being released by JDV's old team de Graffschap. I don't think he gets a game for that tiny Dutch club no-one's heard of's first team either as he's listed on the A squad (reserves presumably?) on their website. He'll be a replacement for Jon Smith/Dyron Daal/et al.

I agree.

He is the boy in the blue and white

Volendam_04.JPG

Is that someone's back garden they're playing in?

It looks to me like one of those purpose built multi football pitch complexes that literally litter Holland and Germany.

We can't do that here because Stewart Milne's persuaded the non corrupt council to give him first option on anything that doesn't move.

Investment in sports facilities, eh? JC was right when he said this in the P & J a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, one decent comment or sentiment from a fat mouth that usually delivers utter utter utter utter nonsense, does not a swallow pigs ear silken summer handshake make.

I hired a car from the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix, from the Dollar Rent a car desk. They gave me a Chrysler Neon. It was shite. But not as shite as getting charged for four days when I only hired it for one, to get to Troon North. Paid by Barclaycard, thought no sweat, they'll fix it. They didn't. I couldn't be arsed after one letter and a phone call and put it down to experience. Never used Dollar or Barclaycard since. Cunts.

I want him to be the other lad in yellow. Why? Cos he's got a cracking mullet which, regardless of whether he is a decent player or not, is bound to raise a few smiles and songs from the Red Army.

If the lad in yellow had green skin he'd look like The Hitcher, let me put you in the picture...

The_Mighty_Boosh___The_Hitcher_by_Nabootique.jpg

Looks like another of JC's belters - Quantity over Quality yet again!!  Let's re-sign the Patelainen's while we're at it. :hammer:

I'm all for filling out the squad, cos let's face it ... letting 15 players leave in the summer is suicidal for a squad that is already paper-thin. But we must move upwards. No point in letting Ryan Strachan leave when we're looking at replacing him with someone of the quality of Scott Muirhead. We must be looking at players that are at least a little bit better than we're letting go.

I mean, a little bit of progress at a time is okay. But one step forward and two steps back is pointless! But I'll save judgment on the likes of Camero until he's actually kicked a ball for the Dons.

This is the worrying thing, Ryan Strachan was suppoed to be a good player, yet we release him. I keep telling myself, how many of these players develope to haunt us and become better players elsewhere. So far, *touch wood* none have, but the whole situation is quite worrying really. These are supposed to be our better youngsters, but are still not good enough?!?! I hope we see the fruits of our youth setup revamp in the next few years. We need it.

As for squad filling, as you said RR, we need to fill out our squad, because we have realised this season (the boards fault) that in order to have a good cup run and league season, we cannot have a pathetically small squad like the one we currently have. It will be an interesting summer. Hopefully for the right reasons.

This is the worrying thing, Ryan Strachan was suppoed to be a good player, yet we release him. I keep telling myself, how many of these players develope to haunt us and become better players elsewhere. So far, *touch wood* none have, but the whole situation is quite worrying really. These are supposed to be our better youngsters, but are still not good enough?!?! I hope we see the fruits of our youth setup revamp in the next few years. We need it.

As for squad filling, as you said RR, we need to fill out our squad, because we have realised this season (the boards fault) that in order to have a good cup run and league season, we cannot have a pathetically small squad like the one we currently have. It will be an interesting summer. Hopefully for the right reasons.

Strachan was released because JC thinks he is too immature (he's 17). He's going to be having talks with Dundee Utd & Motherwell.

Even on a building site, an apprentice would be given a chance. The gaffer wouldn't ship out one of the most talented builders/carpenters/whateverers because he was a bit raw around the edges and didn't buy The Daily Sport.

We have had cracking young players on our books who were getting rave reviews. Why then are we ditching the promising youngsters such as Bagshaw and Strachan whilst SERIOUSLY considering extending the contract of Stuart Duff??!!??!!??!!

Even on a building site, an apprentice would be given a chance. The gaffer wouldn't ship out one of the most talented builders/carpenters/whateverers because he was a bit raw around the edges and didn't buy The Daily Sport.

We have had cracking young players on our books who were getting rave reviews. Why then are we ditching the promising youngsters such as Bagshaw and Strachan whilst SERIOUSLY considering extending the contract of Stuart Duff??!!??!!??!!

Whilst I agree its lunacy, and I hark back to my previous post, Has Bagshaw been picked up by anyone else? Maybe with the right development he would have become a player, but unfortunaltely we will never know. What is more worrying is that other SPL clubs are looking at some of the ones we have just released, which tells me they know what the fans know but AFC do not.

In fairness the Duff, according to reports he has been pretty good in the last 3 games. Having only been at the Celtic game I can only comment on that one, but I certainly thought he had a very good game that day. I had to sit a think about whether or not what I was seeing was true.