Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Haven’t lost to livi this season, and they’ve a tendency to concede 3 goals, but that’s against the better sides. Not quite sure we’re in that category. Their form over the last 5 has been worse than ours so there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be going into this game with confidence. 

will be interesting to see if Leven changes much from the side that won at the weekend. 

out 

bed

bed

little kickers

2-1 dons, miovski and barron

This really should be one we should be winning comfortably. Livingston look like a side who know they are going down. Not sure I would let Hoilett keep his place and would maybe start Duk. One of my least favourite venues in top flight so will be glad to see back of them. 

In

train then pub in shopping centre

away end

pub in shopping centre then train

2-0 Miovski and Clarkson

Looks like apathy ruling for most,despite our still precarious position. Rubezic available for this? Risky to start him if so, hopefully Mcdonald comes in and we're less shite than the first game of the season.

Oot

Prediction a frustrating 1 - 1. Duk

Edited by Elgindon

24 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

3-1 us and an excellent performance! Miovski shinnie and duk. Since I’m predicting the highly unexpected, surprise starter Morris with 3 assists and MOTM.

Early start on the beers?

14 minutes ago, Panda said:

Rubezic obviously not fit enough for the bench. Or maybe they don't want risk him on the plastic pitch.

No Phillips either.

Phillips is supposed to be ill. 

Another shit watch so far. We’re not bad, they are just shit too. So much stop start with fouls and injuries, livi had a decent chance with a header early on, bojan should have scored his 1v1. At this rate we’ve got about 3 hrs left of the game.

We’re not nearly tight enough, not working hard enough. allow livi to knock it around and play to feet and we’re 5 yds off them. Allowing them to keep the ball. Can’t wait for season to be over, provided we stay up…

Just turned it on before Duk came on. Terrible watch, glad I'm only enduring a small part of it. Martindale clearly telling his player to go down next opportunity in order to make a sub. Surely they need to be trying to win this one? They've looked the better team in fairness.

1 minute ago, OrlandoDon said:

Hopefully get proven wrong in the last minute but bringing on duk is like playing with 10.

Yep, unless it magically isn't, like last week. I guess it's difficult for any sub coming on, but you feel with Duk that you're equally as likely to lose a goal because of him as you are to score one. Dribbling out of his own box again today, makes him almost impossible to start in games as he's such a liability.

9 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Yep, unless it magically isn't, like last week. I guess it's difficult for any sub coming on, but you feel with Duk that you're equally as likely to lose a goal because of him as you are to score one. Dribbling out of his own box again today, makes him almost impossible to start in games as he's such a liability.

Said it last year too, guy is dumb as rocks and nine times out of ten makes the wrong decision. His goals bailed him out last year but he’s so easy to figure out and defend. You know what he’s going to do, then begs for a foul every time he loses the ball. I’d take any offer and move him on, not a team player either and must be so frustrating to play with.

• Confused 1

No point celebrating goals now until after the VAR checks. No-one gained an advantage from the offsides.

As for the game. Meh. Hopefully a new manager before the semi-final.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Panda said:

No point celebrating goals now until after the VAR checks. No-one gained an advantage from the offsides.

As for the game. Meh. Hopefully a new manager before the semi-final.

Been thinking that for a while now. Goal then check, and most of the time I’m waiting for our goals to be disallowed anyway. Makes it a stressful experience! Takes away from the enjoyment of scoring!

3 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

Not sure why Duk gets such a hard time, he’s about the only player creating any chances recently. He’s our top assister too which doesn’t say much for those who start the games. 

Is he though? He got an assist the other day but he plays so little I don’t see how he can be creating a lot. My recollection of him this season is him fucking up and losing possession, most often because of poor choices and bad play. We create so little as a team so while he may create, doesnt mean he’s a high producer. I pushed for him to come on at half time as he tries stuff and can create, but problem is in games like today, he’s not smart enough to recognize where and when to do things. Said it already, it doesn’t come off for him that much when you think about it, and when he’s trying to be creative inside his own half more often than not he’s giving a good opportunity to the other team.

I’ll also add, while he was poor today, Mackenzie can be good going forward and can create. Bringing on duk means that Mackenzie has to, for the most part, stop going forward, as you know most often duk will lose possession and the opponent counters. if Mackenzie isn’t behind duk ready to defend he’s getting exposed and our left side is space for the opponent to exploit.