Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

ECL - PAOK v Dons

12 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

VAR should be sending that guy off, far worse than Rashford last night. What a fucking joke, it needs binned. 

Maeda sent off for less on Tuesday following VAR review. Getting to stage I don’t want to watch games with VAR.

25 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

VAR should be sending that guy off, far worse than Rashford last night. What a fucking joke, it needs binned. 

I've no idea what happened last night, but there's no way that was a sending off. It is possible to stand on people in a fast paced game of fitba. McGrath goes in at a weird angle and the guy accidentally stand on him. VAR should be binned either way of course.

6 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

It was great that TNT Sports sent McInnes and McCoist over to cover our game though. A valuable asset to our game.

To be fair they’ve done the same thing every match day. It’s a double header with our game and Sevco’s game, and they broadcast from whichever team is at home, so when we’re at home they’ve been at Pittodrie. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Jack McKenzie MOTM.

Outstanding result and thoroughly deserved.

Agree, thought he was immense, especially in the last 10 minutes.

Duk also very good. Been out the side, but great goal and worked his socks off, couldn't ask for more. McGrath excellent again.

PAOK are a right good side, really quick on the break and dangerous at set-pieces. They beat Frankfurt, scored four away from home to Olympiakos at the weekend, and thumped Hearts 4-0 there. That's a cracking result for us away from home.

Obviously frustrating that we're out, could be sitting here on eight points, instead we've two. But whisper it, we're starting to look like a good side. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

To be fair they’ve done the same thing every match day. It’s a double header with our game and Sevco’s game, and they broadcast from whichever team is at home, so when we’re at home they’ve been at Pittodrie. 

Only issue I had with their coverage was Stephen Craigan on comms, he was unlistenable at times. Really struggled to say anything positive about Aberdeen. 

John Hartson was laughable on the Celtic game the other night.

3 minutes ago, Panda said:

Only issue I had with their coverage was Stephen Craigan on comms, he was unlistenable at times. Really struggled to say anything positive about Aberdeen. 

John Hartson was laughable on the Celtic game the other night.

Yep you'd think they could find a better co-commentator for Dons matches. 

17 minutes ago, Panda said:

In fairness to craigan, it sounded like he was supporting us and getting nervous that we might lose a stupid goal. He does talk as if he was Baresi himself, a bit like listening to Gerd Muller (Cowan) on Red TV.

3 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

In fairness to craigan,

That's a banning offence surely?

@DonsTalk Admin

3 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

it sounded like he was supporting us and getting nervous that we might lose a stupid goal. He does talk as if he was Baresi himself, a bit like listening to Gerd Muller (Cowan) on Red TV.

Aye, begrudgingly.

MacLean asked him to sum up this result. Could have said it was a credible result for Aberdeen and Scottish football, a lot of positives, good individual performances.

Craigan's answer? "Surprising". 

Even at the goal, he described it as weak from the goalkeeper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Getting third in this group would have been result. I'm not overly bothered tbh. Yes, it would have been great to go through, but always felt that this euro jaunt was too early for us. We played some good stuff and a lot of grit and determination. happy with that performance and the subs seemed to make sense. I know some were surprised with Shinnie coming off, but we have a big game on the weekend.

Great finishes for both our goals, just our defence again letting us down with some silliness. Overall, proud of that. No mean feat to get a draw over there.

Craigens got the gift of stating the obvious down to a T.

Good result tonight,PAOK were very slick at times.If I was to be critical,I think we need to learn to make better use of the ball when we have it,and some of our defending was a bit clumsy,but got away with it,might have nicked a better result.

Ach well,back to focusing on the treble...

33 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Is third place not an option for moving on? I seem to recall it was and it was us/HJK for third….??

No, third usually means you drop down a competition. We've no other competition to drop into.

Beat Helsinki to get third, then play the B team against Frankfurt and keep the first picks fresh for Hampden.