Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

ECL - PAOK v Dons

2 hours ago, Panda said:

He kicks his leg out of the way. It's a granitewall penalty.

Nah, not for me Panda but it's a game of opinions.  It's a coming together and fitba is a contact sport.  I'd be well pissed off if it had been up at the other end and that was awarded against my team. All contact in the box does not necessarily have to be a penalty.

36 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Nah, not for me Panda but it's a game of opinions.  It's a coming together and fitba is a contact sport.  I'd be well pissed off if it had been up at the other end and that was awarded against my team. All contact in the box does not necessarily have to be a penalty.

It was an absolute stonewall penalty. 

30 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

It was an absolute stonewall penalty. 

I have yet to see anything in this that suggests it was anything other than penalty.

To not have reviewed this is either corrupt or gross incompetence.

Time for fans to rise up and tell the powers that be to get VAR to fuck. Completely ruining the game we all love.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Contact sport doesn't mean you can kick someone's leg out from under them.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

Contact sport doesn't mean you can kick someone's leg out from under them.

I'm on the fence. I think it's a penalty, but I don't think it's that bad a decision that we should be giving it much discussion. Or certainly that would be my opinion if VAR didn't exist. I think the ref got both penalty decisions correct in the real time context. Both are penalties when VAR searches them out. The inconsistency is unforgivable and should see our chairman asking for it to be abolished.

• 2 weeks later...

Taking a leaf out of Rico’s preferred playbook, here’s the OG thread but for the reverse fixture 😬

PAOK beat olympiakos on the weekend, 4-2 away from home after a 2-0 loss to AEK earlier in the week. Can’t really see is picking much up over there but hopefully they’ll think they have us sussed out and we’ll somehow manage to conjure up something different. We didn’t really line up incorrectly the first time, just the fucking subs were wholeheartedly fucking stupid.

many DTers heading along?

out

bed

work

work

3-1 them, Clarkson 

45 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Taking a leaf out of Rico’s preferred playbook, here’s the OG thread but for the reverse fixture 😬

No, I'm the opposite. I believe that a thread should be started for each match, but some heathen downgraded our League Cup winning run to a single thread at the beginning of the tournament, and I think that they should be forced to live with that decision for the rest of their lives. An equivalent would be a conference league thread.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

No, I'm the opposite. I believe that a thread should be started for each match, but some heathen downgraded our League Cup winning run to a single thread at the beginning of the tournament, and I think that they should be forced to live with that decision for the rest of their lives. An equivalent would be a conference league thread.

But maybe it works? Our run to Hampden can only be down to having the same thread in the group stages. Maybe this will take us to Athens for the Conference League final?

Maybe worth just having one thread for all the Premiership games too?

• Like 1

Gutted cannot go to this one however daughter is appearing in a show this week and apparently it would make me a bad parent if I fucked off to Greece instead of going to watch her. On the plus side she is not in the Thursday night show so will see the game. 

• Haha 1

The odds on it being 0-0 at half-time are pretty good and that is where my money has gone this evening.

After that, who knows?

Much to Rico and possibly other's posters chagrin, I'd like to see the same line-up as the Hibs semi, but obviously a few tactical tweaks. Let's see if we can get Clarkson, Barron and Shinnie working together in the same midfield and the best way of doing that is through playing games.

6 minutes ago, Jute said:

Assuming Miovski isn’t injured as he is on the bench. Odd that he is not playing if fit. 

oot

work

tv

flat

2-0 no dons scorer. 

Miovski can't be 100% fit after hobbling off on Saturday.

Wouldn't surprise me if Duk sits wide and it's actually McGrath who is the more advanced player.

Edited by Panda