Jump to content

Sunday 31st August 2025, kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Falkirk

BigAl

Administrators
  • Posts

    14,088
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    317

Everything posted by BigAl

  1. C'mon the Toon Been pleasantly surprised so far this season Certainly didn't see this form coming pre season.
  2. Manc, I've just cum in my pants reading that
  3. Suprised but apparently we have lodged an appeal against Fallon's straight red. Presume if sucessful then this gets downgraded to a yellow, and given fact he'd already had a booking this then means red, but miss one game instead of two or possibly three as things stand
  4. A strike partnership netting five goals....fucking hell If Vernon isn't fit by next Monday night, I'd go with this pairing up front to start the game, and keep the Dazzler the fuck away from the starting line up
  5. No worries Baggy, wasn't for a second suggesting that, merely highlighting that that prick is a filthy hun
  6. Had half expected a retrospective red card to have been annnounced for Milsom by now
  7. Could just have easily been posted in "filthy hun news" as he more than fits the description
  8. Christ almighty, just been reading the comments on that Record article. The Orcs really are a sad, deluded, bitter and twisted bunch of bigotted half wits. And still they claim not to care about us
  9. Saw Keevins in the main stand on Saturday, thought he was in fancy dress as a corpse.
  10. Saw this on Saturday. It was only up during half time, but brought a smile to my face on a day when there was very little else of amusement
  11. Take it this is in today's P&J ? Excellent article and ought to have had a few orcs spitting out their cornflakes
  12. Stand by my original comments of Saturday. No attempt to play the ball whatsoever. Milsom had started the game really effectively. I believe the intent was there, and even if it wasn't, that WAS a leg/ankle breaking tackle assault.
  13. Frankly that still frame says all that needs to be said, and on that basis the little twat deserves all he gets
  14. Also just seen tv footage of Naismith going over the top on Milsom fuck all difference between that and a certain tackle twenty three years ago, only difference being that Simmy did it properly
  15. OK my take on things. Thought the Huns deserved to win over the piece, and didn't need all the help they got from "Twa Cocks" and the main stand side linesman. Touch of poetic justice in Naismith collapsing in a heap with nae fucker near him as he should have had a straight red for his over the top lunge on Milsom. JellyBelly lucky to last full ninety minutes, and a non corrupt Scottish referee would surely have had him off the park. MOTM for me was Considine, closely followed by Arni. Used to think some of the criticism of Mackie was OTT.... but not today, said five minutes before half time that despite coming on as a sub, he should have been subbed. Josh should have been on with a good thirty mins to go to run at the Hun defence who looked very ropey. Thought Clark was far from our worst player, particularily in ther second half.
  16. Houston must stay. Seems to be doing a damned good job
  17. BigAl

    Friday 3.30pm

    Night in tonight, maybe a few drinks Leave home at 7.30am the morn for the game Sunday, head over to my eldest son's to see my first grandchild again, who will be all of four days old by then
  18. Took a day longer, but article from today's Sun PETER HOUSTON is facing the sack at Dundee United after a nightmare run of results. SunSport understands chairman Stephen Thompson has cut short a trip to America to return to Scotland. And he will hold emergency talks with under-fire Houston in the wake of Tuesday's League Cup KO by Falkirk. Thompson is deeply unhappy at the Tannadice side's slump in form and Houston could be forced out if his side don't stop the slide, starting at Dunfermline on Saturday. Former United hero Michael O'Neill has already been tipped as a potential successor should Houston be axed. United currently sit third bottom in the SPL, just two points off the relegation spot. They have only two league wins all season — the last on September 17 — and have suffered five defeats with three of them at home. The £2.8million sale of striker David Goodwillie to Blackburn Rovers in August was a huge blow for Houston, as were the summer exits of Morgaro Gomis, Craig Conway and Prince Buaben on freedom of contract. But despite a tight budget he was allowed to bring in experienced midfielders John Rankin and Willo Flood. And Thompson was expecting far better than he has seen this term. Houston led United to Scottish Cup glory as caretaker boss 18 months ago and was handed a three-year deal. They finished third in the SPL last season to claim a Europa League spot. But that adventure was ended by Polish side Slask Wroclaw in July. The cup quarter-final defeat to Falkirk was a financial blow to United, with Thompson making it clear no more of his family's fortune will be going into the coffers. It's believed the United owner has never been fully satisfied with his manager's time away on Scotland duty as Craig Levein's No2, especially while club results have also been poor. Houston admits he can understand why fans are unhappy to be losing to a First Division side packed with teenagers. But he said: "When you lose to a lower league club people ask questions, but our players gave me everything. "If you go into a game and your players have downed tools then you have a major problem.That's not the case, "I can understand the fans' frustration because Dundee United should be winning against a young Falkirk side at home. "I won't make excuses, but I stand by the players because there's not one player who didn't give 100 per cent and are not as gutted as the fans. "You saw that at the end — the boys were absolutely devastated." Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3896881/Dundee-United-gaffer-in-crisis-talks.html#ixzz1by28fdNP
  19. Dingus back tracking on alleged comments: ABERDEEN chief Stewart Milne could SUE flop boss Mark McGhee after he broke the terms of a pay-off. SunSport understands part of McGhee's severance package when he was axed last December included a gagging clause explicitly preventing him from discussing his depressing 18- month reign in critical terms. Yet, in a weekend interview McGhee, whose stint included a record 9-0 defeat by Celtic, SLAUGHTERED Milne and just about everyone else at Pittodrie — even the receptionist. That left Dons supremo Milne, who has so far refused to respond to McGhee's attack, seething and considering calling in his lawyers. But an embarrassed McGhee yesterday tried to backtrack over the article, claiming his words were misinterpreted. He said: "There is no bad blood between me and the club. "A lot of people think Stuart doesn't care but he cares passionately. That's what I was trying to say. "I had no problems when I was at Aberdeen and I haven't spoken to anyone there as I feel quite embarrassed. That's why I want to set the record straight." McGhee confessed he is keeping his fingers crossed for a Dons win against Rangers on Saturday. He said: "Aberdeen supporters keep waiting for the club to turn the corner so every game like this they keep thinking will be the one when it happens. "Last week they were unlucky at Parkhead. Maybe they can beat Rangers and that would represent the start of a change." McGhee has been out of work since being sacked by Aberdeen. But he believes he deserves another crack at a job in the SPL — even though he admits Milne was RIGHT to axe him after just 13 wins in his time in charge. He added: "You can name dozens of cases where a manager has had a difficult time at a club and gone on to other jobs. "I've been sacked before and gone on to other jobs. "Aberdeen was different because I was sacked without having any degree of success and that was disappointing. It was a new experience for me. "At no point at Aberdeen did it go well and you leave because it's the right time to go. "I deserved the sack, there's no doubt about it. But hopefully people will look at my record because I believe it stands up well. I'm itching to get back involved and have been since the day I left Aberdeen." McGhee — linked with the Portsmouth job this week — worked a minor miracle in two magnificent years at Motherwell and was touted for the Scotland manager's job as well as the hotseats at Celtic and Hearts. Many feel he should never have quit Well for Dons. He added: "Hindsight is a wonderful thing, yet I don't know if I was too quick to leave Motherwell. There were circumstances at the time and I'd shown my hand to the chairman John Boyle. "There was a possibility of me becoming the Celtic manager and before that I had been interviewed for the Scotland job and I'd also turned down the Hearts job." Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3896162/Milne-is-set-to-sue-over-Mark-blast.html#ixzz1bxppcRWA
  20. Aye probably did, but just goes to show you how over hyped they were when I'd forgotten about them so soon
  21. Or that thought process, could alternatively just be a smokescreen
  22. Interesting to see if the totday's Retard goes with the sensationalistic sort of headlines on the Arabs & St Midden games as they did post our exit. Both of them out to lower league opposition, one of them below us in the league, and the other one seems to have lost its way after being reported as the greatest footballing team since the mid 70's Dutch international team.
  23. May I please draw your attention to my post of 22nd Oct @ 7.41pm. Feel free to draw your own conclusions. Mr Shyte is in it for himself Fuck the Huns
  24. Put simplistically....cause they're cunts
×
×
  • Create New...