Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Ayrshire Huns

8 hours ago, tup1 said:

I suppose it’s all about opinions.

Me and my loon were saying who is this havering weegie when we first switched it on.

Then they announced it was Willie Garner. Never heard of him, we Googled him and he’s 65 and apparently played for the Dons yonks ago. 

He spoke utter guff for the most part, like the footballing dinosaur he clearly is

4 hours ago, RedStarTorphins said:

I agree. 
Suggested we “get it forward in behind them” many times.. ie hoof it.

There were other tit bits all afternoon that belonged to a bygone era........ A bit like Dave McDermid & Andrew Shinie I suppose. 

I thought Red TV commentary team were awful. Lost count of the number of times they got players names wrong or got what fouls were awarded for wrong. 

7 hours ago, RedStarTorphins said:

I agree. 
Suggested we “get it forward in behind them” many times.. ie hoof it.

There were other tit bits all afternoon that belonged to a bygone era........ A bit like Dave McDermid & Andrew Shinie I suppose. 

He qualified that every time with the conditions being that they were. It made sense in that wind to play in behind. I don't believe he was suggesting that as a general tactic for us to take into the rest of the season. There was space in behind killie, and they were aggressively pressing us on a poor surface where extra touches were regularly required.

I agree with jute that they regularly get players wrong, but that doesn't seem to be confined to the red TV pundit. I'm guessing it's something to do with location in the stadium and their distance from the players, something which we obviously don't struggle with the compressed view on the telly.

11 hours ago, BigAl said:

Aye it;ll take Royal Mail eight years to get them out of the sorting office 

You jest, but my folks were sending me my uni certs (track and trace) and it said it hadn’t left the post office after two weeks. Turns out, the tag is still in the post office...who knows about the package.

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

You jest, but my folks were sending me my uni certs (track and trace) and it said it hadn’t left the post office after two weeks. Turns out, the tag is still in the post office...who knows about the package.

Ah the old my certificates got lost in post trick. Surely even the Kiwis won’t fall for that.

2 hours ago, manc_don said:

I only partly jest Manc given recent experiences of Royal Mail.

It is frankly in a shit state it would appear 

P.S Happy birthday

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Hornby quite rightly frustrated at Kamberi getting in his way as he was about to shoot.

Pretty bad play by Kamberi I thought.

Who was our best player out of interest?

It was Campbell that was in his way and in my opinion Kamberi was our best performer on the day.

On 21/02/2021 at 02:28, Ollie said:

He spoke utter guff for the most part, like the footballing dinosaur he clearly is

Agree with that pal. Surely they can do better than a 65 year old, it’s like dragging someone out of corporate half shot because the commentator never turned up.