Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Livi vs dons

In form team playing one that isn’t. Think that’s 8 on the bounce for livi now (10 games unbeaten) Which is impressive and they deserve praise for it.

lots of negativity around the club (rightly so) but given we’ve been told no one is coming in, the team are gonna have to get us out of this funk. Hopefully find a way, but with main and Cosgrove it’s not likely. 

out

bed

online if available, I’ll be up anyway

work

2-2. Ferguson double

Livingston PPV is £20 so they can go fuck themselves. Stream if I can find one for this or radio if the have it. Hedges will be suspended for this unless we appeal so will probably be changes to team. Expect McCrorie to replace Campbell in the middle and Kennedy to replace Hedges. I would also swap Anderson for Main and try pairing Cosgrove with a more mobile striker to see if that will allow us to create chances. If nobody is coming in need to try something different with the players we have. Fully expect McInnes to stick with shit and even shitter up front. Livingston are on fire at the moment and winning the games we have been drawing. Really cannot afford to lose this one. 

Oot

Work

Flat and stream or radio

Flat

1-1 Wright

Crikey the apathy really is strong with everyone, eh? I have seen a few on Twitter hoping we lose every game until he's gone. It feels like it's coming to a conclusion of sorts, however I still want us to win every game. Hoping to catch this tomorrow (your today) but PPV has sometimes made it difficult to find a decent stream (unless it's been Hamilton).

6 minutes ago, Jute said:

image.thumb.png.357c55ee10aa0688bd17dfa8a804d369.png

Cosgrove dropped instead of Main is odd.

Depends. Cosgrove has done less in the games he's played than Main from what I've seen.

Edit.......although I should add both are shit and it doesn't really matter, plus I'd rather see Nail McGinn at center forward anyway and play the ball on the deck up to a guy with a first touch.

Edited by LA-Don

10 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Ref currently doing a pitch inspection(seriously).

It's actually fairly exciting. Better than our last game against them.

Postponed now like. Shame, tasty tackles were likely. The plastic surface working a treat.

Edited by RicoS321

13 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Frustrating for the fans like. I travelled all the way to France to watch it on red TV, and they cancel it ten minutes after kick off. Poor.

I got in before new regulations and went and got an Indian takeaway and four pints of lager for £5 takeaway so that I could watch the game tonight

Bastards

Tin pot fucking club

28 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Presume Oxford will be updating the definition of the term 'all-weather'

One of the great myths of these pitches is that they are all weather. They freeze easier than grass pitches for starters and also become unplayable in high temperatures admittedly less of an issue here. The only reason clubs fit them is to save/make money.

30 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Kudos must go to 'powerleague' Townhead.
Games were only cancelled when the pitches were completely buried by snow.  Perhaps Livi and co should invest in a bright red, or blue pitch with all black penalty areas

Aye, goals Aberdeen were the same. I regularly played with the sides of the pitch piled high with snow. 

In fairness to the ref, he wanted to play the game, but with the ten minute delay there was no way we could play the game before the ten o'clock bookings were due to come on.

• Like 1

It's time for this whole farce of a season to be pulled. Scottish football at the top level disgusts me and has done for some time It's really just a Ponzi scheme to regularly steal money from idiots.

Until it's a fair competition, a proper level playing field, I'm out. 

You never hear Dave Cormack saying anything about the corrupt nature of Scottish football so you have to assume he's in on it.

Also, I was unhappy to see Scott Wright named in the starting line up last night.

Any talks with huns should be an immediate sine die for any player at the club. However we have a manager who has done the same thing. So instead he still gets picked.

49 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Also, I was unhappy to see Scott Wright named in the starting line up last night.

Any talks with huns should be an immediate sine die for any player at the club. However we have a manager who has done the same thing. So instead he still gets picked.

He hasn't had talks with the Huns. They have expressed an interest in him. One is within his control, the other not. Seems to me that the club are very keen for him to leave in this window and so are doing their business in public. It may even be the case that the player doesn't really want to go to the Hun but will be left with little option if further offers don't transpire and the club continues in this manner. The Huns don't need Wright this season and would be best served offering him a pre-contract, which would force our hand. At least they have taken the decent approach of contacting McInnes to note their interest, the rest is up to us.

41 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

He hasn't had talks with the Huns. They have expressed an interest in him. One is within his control, the other not. Seems to me that the club are very keen for him to leave in this window and so are doing their business in public. It may even be the case that the player doesn't really want to go to the Hun but will be left with little option if further offers don't transpire and the club continues in this manner. The Huns don't need Wright this season and would be best served offering him a pre-contract, which would force our hand. At least they have taken the decent approach of contacting McInnes to note their interest, the rest is up to us.

It looks like the classic case of tapping up to me. I suspected he'd been tapped up in August. The normal six months to end of contract rules do not apply in Scotland when it's the huns doing the offering.

We had this before with Ryan Jack, look how that turned out. He even played in the cup final before going to the huns, unbelievable.

When a player says he's leaving, he's out, immediately. Anything else is taking the piss from the supporters.

Ferguson's treatment of Eric Black is a prime example, no cup final for him because he publicly made a fool of the club paying his wages. I don't want to see Scott Wright near an Aberdeen shirt ever again.

Tup, I detest everything about that vile institution as much as the next Don but I seriously doubt that Der Hun tapped up Wright five months ago as he was returning from his season long injury.

To be honest, at that point I wouldn't have even thought Aberdeen should be making him an offer far less someone else.

I'm with Rico on his comments and on this ocassion I think your natural and understandable hatred of all things Sevco is blinkering your vision here.

22 minutes ago, tup1 said:

It looks like the classic case of tapping up to me. I suspected he'd been tapped up in August. The normal six months to end of contract rules do not apply in Scotland when it's the huns doing the offering.

We had this before with Ryan Jack, look how that turned out. He even played in the cup final before going to the huns, unbelievable.

When a player says he's leaving, he's out, immediately. Anything else is taking the piss from the supporters.

Ferguson's treatment of Eric Black is a prime example, no cup final for him because he publicly made a fool of the club paying his wages. I don't want to see Scott Wright near an Aberdeen shirt ever again.

Nonsense, the world has moved on since the days of 85 year contracts and treating players like property. It's a disgusting way to do business. These guys are human beings and employees. We're adults too, a club shouldn't act like kids when dealing with guys in their twenties. Almost every good player that we have will decide to leave at some point, and others we'll drop in seconds too if we decide they're not good enough. If we start getting arsey with players who decide their future isn't exactly as planned for by AFC supporters, then we'll never be able to sign anyone. As I said before, if Wright had a poor start to the season we'd have ditched him in a heartbeat. We should have recognised the type of player Wright is and what he can offer and taken a gamble on a one year extension based on that potential. The club waited and other clubs are now recognising the potential that may (or may not) come to fruition.

The Huns approached us to tell us they were interested, so they've done the correct thing it appears. The player has no control over approaches. McKenna had not control over the Tim's approach for him.