Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Helen Mirren vs Lesser depleted Dons

Think this'll be a classic McInnes ground out victory post disaster week.  Saints don't play bad football but given we have a few more players returning, I cannot see a repeat of the previous weekends farce.  We should have Fergie and McLennan back? Not sure about McRorie given he was the one that tested positive? 

Anyway, nothing shy of a victory will be acceptable, i'd really hope that Cormack will knock a few coaching staff heads together.  The last week has not been acceptable on any level.

Out
Bed
Bed
Bed
2-1 Dons, Hedges and Fergie( in fergie time)

Looking like McCrorie is still missing for this one but Ferguson and McLennan should be back. Having Ferguson back should make us more competitive in midfield where we were overrun last week. Not sure we can go with a three especially with Leigh as felt he struggled against their winger. Might need to go to a 4 this week maybe playing Hayes at left back and Hoban at right back.

oot

flat

TV

flat

2-0 McLennan and Hayes

I like the 3-4-3. I'd be tempted to throw McLennan into the Wright role to see if he can do it. Give him a half to see if it works, then maybe switch with Kennedy. I could even see us playing a 3-5-2 with Hedges alongside Ferguson and Campbell and maybe Cosgrove and Edmondson. I think McInnes will go 4-4-2 with Main and Main up front. He's such a pacey dynamic player, it's like having two up front.

19 minutes ago, Jute said:

This team are a shadow of the team that was playing great football in September and October. Back to playing same dire shite we did last season even before we went down to 10.

Haven't been able to watch much of the last few games, but based on what I have seen and read, maybe harsh to say but we've been pretty much poor since Cosgrove came back into the team. I do feel our style of play has changed and, as you say, looks more like the shit of last year again. You can add the injuries to Watkins, Wright, the Covid players out have hurt, but the style of play has gone backwards.

Can't believe DM didn't sub Ferguson at half time. He pretty much had to play a whole game on a yellow and he's not capable of that. Add to the fact it's his first game back and we've been shit, he's probably a little too anxious for success and not quite match sharp. Poor management here in my eyes.

Down to 10 and playing with Main and Ojo. Sad day. Holding on for a 1-1 against a bottom of the league team. Not inspiring stuff.

Edited by LA-Don
adding content

Ffs, what truly awful turn of form. It certainly doesn’t help not having some of the creative players out, but that team should be more than capable of putting a few past st. Mirren. We will finish fourth at this rate. Which, given the state of two of the teams above us, is unacceptable.