Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Crazy American Politics

Ooooooh I need therapy, remembering the pictures.

That'll be the Day was the film, ABC was the venue.

There had been some fraternisation between Dyce youth club and Bridge of Don youth club

Both then in the shire, disco's and fights were arranged.

Anyway my mate was going out with Sandra and it looked like I was in with a decent chance with Jeanette (Janet really I expect)

Meet them outside the pictures.

The next two words my pal uttered are forever ingrained on my memory.

"TWO PLEASE" he said at the box office.

TWO ????

For f'uck sake, I had had to scrape together enough for my entrance and bus fare, it had never crossed my mind that I would be expected to pay for her.

"One please" I mumbled feeling her freeze beside me.

She fumbled in her bag and paid herself in.

It took about an hour for me to pluck up the courage to put my arm around her, she leaned forward leaving me to do that ridiculous teenage boy pretend yawn.

Who's life was ruined that night, as we practised for the inevitable humiliations life had in store for us?

Lassies expecting to get everything paid for. Fuck that. I did end up buying all the drinks on some first dates but I always expected them to stand their hands and offer to buy a round. Depending how flush I was at the time - and how high my initial enthusiasm was - I sometimes did buy all the drinks. But if they never offered, there was never a second date.

Ironically the woman I did marry got to the Albyn bar fractionally before I did for our first "scheduled" date. Her first words were music to my lugs - "you want a pint"?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't really follow yank politics, mainly because it's a hateful country and I try to avoid too many things that anger me. What is the deal with the midterm elections? If the democrats get the house of representatives, how much influence does it really wield?

Not a lot really, Democrats control the house and republicans the senate so they block each other. It’s more of an indication where the country is 2 year into the presidency and also highlights future potential presidential candidates. The economy is the best it’s been in decades, unemployment lowest in donkeys years etc. Trump is a cunt but he’s done some stuff right so has his supporters and haters.

Not a lot really, Democrats control the house and republicans the senate so they block each other. It’s more of an indication where the country is 2 year into the presidency and also highlights future potential presidential candidates. The economy is the best it’s been in decades, unemployment lowest in donkeys years etc. Trump is a cunt but he’s done some stuff right so has his supporters and haters.

Cheers LA. Ok, so it is as I understand it then. So is there a difference in terms of power between the senate at the house of representatives (i.e. I presume one is similar to the house of P and house of L? Just seems like a bit of a hollow victory.  Was hoping for something crushing for Trump, as my main ire with him (aside from the obvious anti immigration stance) is his disbandment of the EPA. Utterly disgusting.

What initiatives has he actually put into play?  As I said, I avoid any yank news now because of who he is, so i'm genuinely interested.  Hard to see what is factually correct these days in the news.  Everyone has their agenda.

Then there's this Beton guy for the Dems they've been hailing.  What's his deal? Cunt or no cunt?

Cheers LA. Ok, so it is as I understand it then. So is there a difference in terms of power between the senate at the house of representatives (i.e. I presume one is similar to the house of P and house of L? Just seems like a bit of a hollow victory.  Was hoping for something crushing for Trump, as my main ire with him (aside from the obvious anti immigration stance) is his disbandment of the EPA. Utterly disgusting.

What initiatives has he actually put into play?  As I said, I avoid any yank news now because of who he is, so i'm genuinely interested.  Hard to see what is factually correct these days in the news.  Everyone has their agenda.

Then there's this Beton guy for the Dems they've been hailing.  What's his deal? Cunt or no cunt?

Beto lost his senate battle so I don’t know if that means he’s blown his 2020 chances or not.

I’d like to see Elizabeth Warren as the Dems candidate against Trump. She has some baggage but I like the cut of her jib.

Beto lost his senate battle so I don’t know if that means he’s blown his 2020 chances or not.

I’d like to see Elizabeth Warren as the Dems candidate against Trump. She has some baggage but I like the cut of her jib.

Yeah, they seem to think he'll run for the presidential campaign.  Running any republican moron close in Texas is pretty good.

Still in shock a dead pimp has been elected. I mean, WTF ???

Yeah, they seem to think he'll run for the presidential campaign.  Running any republican moron close in Texas is pretty good.

Still in shock a dead pimp has been elected. I mean, WTF ???

Something similar happened in the UK. A dead guy was elected MP or councillor, quite a few years ago now.

Charismatic. Energetic. Just about won Texas from something like 14 points back. Seems like  a superb option.

Warren? Another hillary. Someone with spark has to take it to Trump or he will win again.

Charismatic. Energetic. Just about won Texas from something like 14 points back. Seems like  a superb option.

Warren? Another hillary. Someone with spark has to take it to Trump or he will win again.

Poles apart on policy from Hillary.  Warren is more like Sanders.

Both parties are just as bad, and Hilary just as bad as Trump. Trump just makes no effort to hide that he's a dick but  it's a case of two extremes here and middle ground and common sense is needed. That requires compromise and working together, and neither are really willing to do that. Hilary is bad but Sanders is far left and extremely liberal which helped get this country in this mess in the first place.

Another shooting last night, 25 miles from me this time. Crazy...

Humans never learn anything. It's just a case of history repeating itself but with better (or worse) technology.

What you've described la is liberalism, that's not left politics at all. It's what has caused this great polarisation in politics.

P. S. Hope you're nowhere near the Bush fires

It was a bit of a rhetorical question.

I’m aware that we have learned fuck all.

Although they may well have taken the total lack of a sense of humour to new heights.

Even the English have joined in with this, and although I’m seldom slow at picking faults with the English, a lack of a sense of humour has never been their problem.