Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Crazy American Politics

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good to see Trump softening his stance on Islam whilst on his state visit to the most compassionate of Islamist countries, Saudi Arabia.

Also good to see he will be signing deals which will provide American weapons to the Saudis which will bring peace to the area.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Good to see Trump softening his stance on Islam whilst on his state visit to the most compassionate of Islamist countries, Saudi Arabia.

Also good to see he will be signing deals which will provide American weapons to the Saudis which will bring peace to the area.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Nothing too surprising there is there?  Americans signing billion dollar deals with the Saudis...

Sounds like normal service being resumed to me.

I noticed he took Ivanka with him....  :thumbsup:

2zxpi5c.jpg

I'm kinda falling for her  :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So what is everyone's take on the impending nuclear apocalypse?  Jokes aside, it's fucking harrowing stuff, how a guy like Trump is allowed to exist is beyond me.  I genuinely think, if we got twitter on board his presidency would be over.  He can't function without any of this mindless ill thought garbage he spouts.

It's like two fat angry bears poking sticks at each other, which is all fine and well until one of them will step over the line.  One thing is for sure, you don't go and antagonise NK, I don't care who you think you are, they're fucking mental. China's statement should hopefully at least help make up the fat american bigots mind to avoid engagement at all costs. I very much doubt NK would strike first in the knowledge that they wouldn't have the backing of their biggest ally.

Interesting read hear from forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anderscorr/2017/07/06/u-s-nuclear-options-against-north-koreas-nuclear-missiles/#447326422bba

I really think the US and its allies are waiting NK to launch another missile test, if it travels anywhere near its allies might just be the start of it.

The UK doesnt need to worry Yet! as i do not see Russian or even China for that matter really joining in with the NK.

Lets hope once they do remove this lunatic in NK then we might see the people rise against its soo called army.

I wasn't worried from a UK perspective, the UK is a non entity on the world stage and there isn't a way they'd have a capabilities of reaching these shores anyway.  I'm more concerned for my family in Japan. Being half japanese I hate the North Koreans, but the world needs nut jobs like Kim Jong Un because they're not under the vindictive control of the yanks.  The yanks are the cause of a lot of the strife around the world let alone in the pacific region. It'd only lend itself to another puppet government like you see everywhere else in the world.  I'd sooner something happened to the tango man than KJU.  At least everyone else could relax then.

Well you'll ken better than me Manc min but...

The Mannie that ran North Korea was supposed to be a nutter

Now his son is supposed to be a nutter

Could be true right enough.

But it could also be that anyone who opposes the Yanks gets called a nutter whatever they are really like.

What I do know though is.....

The President of the United States IS a nutter.

I just think Kim Jong-un has a wicked sense of humour.  He knows Trump is a moron so engages in a propaganda war.  There is not a hope in hell of a nuclear weapon being used on N.Korea by the USA since South Korea would be impacted greatly. 

The type of propaganda war going on between North Korea and the US is the type that has been going on between South Korea and North for years.  Threats and rhetoric.

At the end of the day, the US could wipe North Korea and its entire population off the face of the earth in less than a day.

I just think Kim Jong-un has a wicked sense of humour.  He knows Trump is a moron so engages in a propaganda war.  There is not a hope in hell of a nuclear weapon being used on N.Korea by the USA since South Korea would be impacted greatly. 

The type of propaganda war going on between North Korea and the US is the type that has been going on between South Korea and North for years.  Threats and rhetoric.

At the end of the day, the US could wipe North Korea and its entire population off the face of the earth in less than a day.

Yes they could, just as anyone with nuclear capability "can wipe any population off the face of the earth in less than a day".

But at what cost?

And what civilised thinking nation entertains the possibility of killing people indiscriminately?

Martin Luther King spoke of the effect of violence on the oppressor.

I am reminded of MAD back in the 60's.

In 2017, I don't even see a threat, let alone the need for such ignorant macho posturing.

Trump is a fucking whack job.

I do not believe the US can or will fire missiles of a nuclear variety at North Korea.  It would impact South Korea hellishly via nuclear fallout or whatever.

For as long as I can remember the 'nuclear threat' has been a topic of discussion and threat - going back to 70's. There is a difference between words and actions.

Most things in the world of Trump and Kim are words; rhetoric that appeals to an ideological audience but there is a difference between words and actions.

Both sides use media of one form or another to peddle words and pander to audiences (Trump) Twitter and Kim (North Korean State sponsored TV news).  The rest of the world (including us on Donstalk) read into it what they want via our media formats.

As mentioned having been and spent time in South Korea this form of rhetoric between USA and North Korea is nothing new.  It is the type that has been on the go in Korean peninsula for years between north and south - monthly.

Gaum is a military island - means nothing to North Korea.  Are they allowed to test weapons - yes it's up to them?  The US does it all the time.

Trump is on a big ego trip.  But in that respect, he is no different to any other political leader.  There is also the backdrop to the millions of knobheads who live in the US who enjoy this stars and stripes waving rhetoric that Trump indulges in.

All this gets a lot of people in a fluster.  But there will be no WWIII - even CND havn't tweeted yet.

Once recall meeting this police wifie from Chicago in Cancun.  She had just left US to live in Mexico for 2 years having seen murders every day of the week in Chicago.  She also mentioned how where she lived near Chicago was rife with people being found dead in cars and trucks - ordinary people zombified with drugs over dosing and people blowing heads off with guns.  Like every week people going over the edge.

The most chilled out relaxed places I've ever been to are in USA - South Beach Miami, California was like heaven - so chilled.  Then there is this flip side of nutter-zones.

Guess the USA was founded on division and war/disagreements but the sight of people at this rally giving Nazi salutes to protestors makes you wonder about how bonkers this society is - the driving the car into people also been downplayed by media.  If it had been a muslim Fox News would have went into meltdown.

Once recall meeting this police wifie from Chicago in Cancun.  She had just left US to live in Mexico for 2 years having seen murders every day of the week in Chicago.  She also mentioned how where she lived near Chicago was rife with people being found dead in cars and trucks - ordinary people zombified with drugs over dosing and people blowing heads off with guns.  Like every week people going over the edge.

The most chilled out relaxed places I've ever been to are in USA - South Beach Miami, California was like heaven - so chilled.  Then there is this flip side of nutter-zones.

Guess the USA was founded on division and war/disagreements but the sight of people at this rally giving Nazi salutes to protestors makes you wonder about how bonkers this society is - the driving the car into people also been downplayed by media.  If it had been a muslim Fox News would have went into meltdown.

It's definitely a crazy country. I'm 44, moved here full time when I was 22 and been coming here since 19. I also studied philosophy of education in college and am a firm believer that too much freedom creates problems, plus it's a capatilist nation that doesn't overly promote morals and ethics. It's definitely the land of opportunity here that I've been lucky to live in and I've met amazing and wonderful people here, but you certainly get from one very end of the spectrum to the other.

I'm not a citizen and can't vote but couldn't have voted for Clinton or Trump. Politics are terrible here and both parties are really messed up, just in different ways. You also don't get news here, just biased opinion and reporting and I don't know what's true and who to believe. Don't see how things improve unless something really bad happens and change is pretty much forced. The left gets more left and the right is moving further to the right, and there's no common sense happy medium in the middle. After 9/11 you saw a change for the better but things are back to the way they were, if not more so. That's my opinion anyway......