Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Crazy American Politics

• 3 weeks later...

Daughter 2 is home for Xmas and she had some interesting views about the orange pig in the white house.

He is such a child. Just when you think he can’t get any worse, he does. He’s getting more orange by the day.

For me, his “we don’t care” line yesterday is the saddest aspect about him.

He genuinely doesn’t care about peace and progress. Prosperity at a concept is only there to enrich himself.

Very sick man. Very sick times.

• 3 weeks later...

The shitholes thing was crazy. He's a law unto himself. He's mad, and dangerous too cos he's so thick.

I've often wondered about the value of the prime real estate of the old US Embassy in Mayfair. It's fucking massive. We walked right round it a couple of years ago when we stayed at the Dorchester next door, well, just down the road. He could have a point about the Brits getting it on the cheap but by fuck he hates Obama, pathologically.

• 3 weeks later...

Two schoolchildren died on Tuesday and 14 others suffered bullet wounds when a classmate opened fire outside a school in Benton, Kentucky. It was the third US school shooting in 48 hours and the 11th in the three weeks since the start of the year.

The victims were Bailey Holt and Preston Cope, both 15. A 15-year-old boy was arrested and charged with the attack.

The story fell somewhere into the middle of the day's news agenda. "Americans have accepted these common atrocities as part of life here," wrote one commenter on the New York Times website. "Another day, another shooting spree, and no political will to do anything about it."

But there is political will building behind a certain sort of gun legislation — reforms that aim to increase, rather than decrease, the number of firearms in schools and other public buildings, and arm teachers and school staff as a means of defence.

Hours after the shooting in Kentucky, Republican State Senator Steve West rushed to file a bill that would allow Kentucky schools to have armed school marshals patrol the site. His bill joins another in the state which seeks to loosen gun restrictions around college campuses.

Mr West's bill received cross-party support from state Democratic Senator Ray Jones. "We need armed officers in every school in Kentucky," Mr Jones said. "That is a small price to pay if it saves one child's life."

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun,"

If only we were a bitty mair like America.

It's not a few hundred, it's not even a few thousand. It's tens of thousands who lose their lives to guns in the USA.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that making guns illegal would reduce the fatalities.

This president can't even work out that a golf course in Balmedie loses five months a year minimum to the weather, the haar in mid summer wiping out a few days too so no surprise it's never going to be profitable. What was a surprise was that he could lose money at Turnberry too, one of the best courses in the world.

Given that he's been this close to bankruptcy and is losing other people's money (rather than his own), I wonder what qualities he actually has to run a country? It's a fabrication that he's a successful businessman. He's a ticket, a pawn in a sick game.

If she had reasonable grounds for suspecting, a fair price to pay for national security.

That's how they would justify it.

Do they not see the numbers from other countries? Can't the ignorant fuckers work out the obvious?

They should put this rocket scientist in charge of their country. Guns banned. Rednecks and KKK to be hanged. Dope legal in every state. Country club members to be psychologically evaluated (by me) and then executed and/or their offspring castrated (by knife, not chemically), Hollywood emptied of fakes (bullet this time rather than hanging) and Wall Street to be blown up. Not a bad start but so much work still to be done.

I'd need some help to root out the bad apples in the police barrel.

Listening to the wonderful David Byrne on Lauren Laverne just now. He's nuts but his new album is American Utopia and he's talking about how his last gig was males, females, all ages, all races and all getting along grooving to the music. He reckons that if they call all get along together in this room they can get along elsewhere. True dat. He's still as mad as a box of marmalade-makers though, in a nice way.

Is that Talking Heads David Byrne?

Actually I don't give a fuck about the Yanks.

I hope the good guys sort it out but I am happy to leave them to themselves. ( if only they could keep their noses out of everybody else's business)

It's a mystery to me why we are interested in them at all, a bit like the royal family really.