Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

I enjoyed the Kill Bills, despite some preposterous plot lines, the sword fighting aerobics being beyond a joke.

Pulp Fiction is the greatest film of all time for me. Django is excellent but Jackie Brown is hugely underrated. Those three are his best but Reservoir Dogs and particularly Madchen being stuck in the middle with him was part of an epic ending.

I enjoyed the Kill Bills, despite some preposterous plot lines, the sword fighting aerobics being beyond a joke.

Pulp Fiction is the greatest film of all time for me. Django is excellent but Jackie Brown is hugely underrated. Those three are his best but Reservoir Dogs and particularly Madchen being stuck in the middle with him was part of an epic ending.

Don't think I have seen Jackie Brown, but I'll look it out for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I went to the cinema the earliest I'd ever been this week. 11 a.m. screening of Once upon a time in Hollywood on the day of release. Loved it. Tremendous acting by Brad Pitt and Leo DiCaprio.

Looking forward to seeing this one. Even though this is the first positive account of it I've heard! I know 3 people who've seen it and none of them liked it. I just can't see me not enjoying a work of Tarantino's.

The Hateful 8 was a big disappointment for me but if it's any help, my 17 year old went with her mates on the night of release and my oldest daughter went to see it in Rotterdam at the weekend and they both liked it too so there's three positive accounts albeit from the same family. I can't imagine anyone other than a moron giving it a negative. Specifically, they'll be complaining that there wasn't a beginning, middle and end, like a traditional storyline. But since when did QT follow fashion. You'll love it.

The Hateful 8 was a big disappointment for me but if it's any help, my 17 year old went with her mates on the night of release and my oldest daughter went to see it in Rotterdam at the weekend and they both liked it too so there's three positive accounts albeit from the same family. I can't imagine anyone other than a moron giving it a negative. Specifically, they'll be complaining that there wasn't a beginning, middle and end, like a traditional storyline. But since when did QT follow fashion. You'll love it.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Hateful 8 although again I know of a fair few who didn't. If it's as good as that I'll be delighted.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Hateful 8 although again I know of a fair few who didn't. If it's as good as that I'll be delighted.

The Hateful 8 had some good bits for sure but I was probably expecting too much, with QT having produced some of my favourite films of all time, Pulp Fiction being the best. I thought Jackie Brown was vastly underrated and that plus Django and Inglorious - in no particular order - would be included in my all-time top 5.

This one was better than Hateful but not in my top list. It was gripping entertainment for the whole 2 hrs 40. And stay to the very end, past the credits. It's worth it...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The last thing I saw a week or two back was Official Secrets. Based on a true story about a whistleblower who was charged with a breach of the official secrets act. A really good film if a little depressing. Our society is corrupt to the core and many of us swallowed Tony Blair's lies so easily.

• 2 weeks later...

"Resurfacing" on Amazon Prime. Documentary about Andy Murray's journey back to professional tennis following two hip operations. Loved it. You don't have to like the guy (although I think it's a bit weird that some people don't) but you have to respect him.

• 2 weeks later...

"Resurfacing" on Amazon Prime. Documentary about Andy Murray's journey back to professional tennis following two hip operations. Loved it. You don't have to like the guy (although I think it's a bit weird that some people don't) but you have to respect him.

Finally watched it. Very good and fair play to him for allowing the major op to be filmed. Would have been nice if it had finished on his win against Wawrinka.

But what was the point in interviewing Lendl, Mauresmo, Nadal, Federer etc... they were on screen for barely 10 seconds. Odd. Would have loved to have heard more, especially from Lendl.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched Kingsman; a secret service last night, a total random selection off Netflix. I'd never heard of it but it had a big cast and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite the most preposterous of preposterousness going on. The boy who played Eggsy just won a Golden Globe for his Elton John. A very good young British actor. Taron Egerton has a big future.