Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

Some of the games have been okay but not the same without the crowd. Definitely takes away from the overall experience. Think no crowds even effects players as do not think any of the close doors games have been played with the same intensity as they were pre COVID.

Liverpool champions in England after Chelsea beat Man City. Some performance this season from Liverpool only losing 1 game.

Shite state of affairs. Thank fuck I don't live in the UK anymore. Would have to congratulate the horrible bastards  ;D

The scouse scum trashed their own city during their celebrations.

I don't know if their accents screams criminality or whether the criminality of many from there discolours the accent to make it criminal by association. Either way, calm down calm down. Harry Enfield nailed their vacuousness without going into their criminality of course but the subtle implication was always there, or maybe it wasn't and it was my prejudice all along, one shared by many.

Liverpool and Glasgow being the biggest per capita claimants of the sick - invalidity benefit, I think it's called - is interesting. As is their history being heavily Irish, the bigger prejudice I hold being the nature of the gypsy blood people, lawlessness being their foundation and integrity, honesty and empathy being alien concepts to the sponging selfish cunts.

ex-brother in laws football club,

the first of many clubs down south now exposed.

https://news.sky.com/story/wigan-athletic-football-club-goes-into-administration-12018790

I'm surprised they have managed to avoid it this long. Soon as Whelan left they were in trouble as he effectively bankrolled them from 1995 - 2018.

Wigan historically is a Rugby League town and as soon as Premiership football went away the football attendances dropped by about 40% within a couple of seasons and with less SKY TV money and no 'sugar daddy' the Covid possibly sped up the process.

That part of England is potentially a football graveyard

Bury - Gone

Bolton - Struggling (nearly vanished last year)

Macclesfield - on Life support

Blackpool - Struggling

Rochdale - Club been quite vocal on how worried they are.

SSN were reporting earlier that Wigan’s new owners had only completed purchase of club 4 weeks ago and not put a penny in since which has driven them under.

If true then it was bought at a price where the disposal of the assets will produce a healthy profit.

And they could be hoping for some cash injections from authorities and/or fan groups to delay the inevitable.

disgusting that in todays world that sort of shite happens. thank fuck we have decent owners who are accountable. image the fans disgust if he paid a pound, wound it down sold it all off for millions.

It happens ALL the time. Asset-strippers are a known breed. It's their raison d'etre. There's plenty of them. It's a simple way for those with big dough to add ill-gotten gains to their stack. It will never go away. It's business.

Until the facts come out about the monies paid for Cormack Park, from whom the land was bought, the contractors paid to build and maintain and everything surrounding the new stadium and the disposal of Pittodrie, and until it is established that our former chairman did not benefit personally and that there was no conflict of interest, I would keep your powder dry on the prospect of unethical business practices closer to home. These type of people don't have ethics and it's perfectly legal.

VAR at it again

Lucas Moura fouled running in on goal. To stop himself faceplanting into the ground he puts his arm out and it touches the ball just before the Sheff Utd defender kicks it back into his upper arm

Ref plays advantage as the ball lands at Harry Kanes feet who after a pull back scores.

VAR official declares Moura handballed it after he was fouled. Kane goal and foul on Moura 'cancelled' and Sheff Utd get a free kick?!

:dunno:    :hammer:

Must admit, I thought that having the enforced layoff would be right up Mourinho's street and that he would have managed to turn Spurs into a well-oiled machine when the season resumed but they have slumped to 9th.  He will need a decent start to next season or Levy will be hunting around for his replacement.

I wasn't expecting Spurs to be good post-lockdown. They're a poor unit and the manager may already be spent. I don't get leaving Dele Alli on the bench and starting Moura as often as he has but there's something stale and dead about the squad and probably Jose too. Poch overachieved with them and Levy still binned him. Some say Levy is the biggest problem at the club. That would not surprise me.

Fleetwood players mimicking their manager will a completely undisciplined thuggish performance against Wycombe tonight. Two red cards in a 1-4 home defeat in play off semi final tonight. First Red was for a knee high studs up challenge in the box the second for two yellows in space of 30 seconds. First for diving second for dissent. Could easily had another player sent off but half time whistle probably saved him and sensibly he did not return for second half. Barton clearly has his players well drilled.

Seems there is a rumour about Wigan's administration being part of a betting scandal which might see someone clean up should they get relegated from the Championship.

A rumour that Rick Parry let slip, that the owners placed the bet in the Philippines. Perfect plot for fiction. Couldn't write it better. The players have been fighting post lockdown. Today a big test.

ETA: Guessing that’s UEFAs financial fair play in the bin.

In most cases it was completely inadequate anyway. Now its been shown to be irrelevant even in the minority of cases where it was supposed to apply. Really wish UEFA would get some balls and turn football back into a sport rather than just a business.

Am seriously considering giving up on the 'big leagues' and throwing my support behind a local Junior or at most a 3rd division club similar to Rocket's switch to Cove.

Hopefully BSC Glasgow will manage to get an actual Glasgow home again (currently groundsharing with Alloa FFS!) ideally a groundshare arrangement with the Warriors given Scotstoun Stadiums is closer to Broomhill than Firhill is to Partick.

Am seriously considering giving up on the 'big leagues' and throwing my support behind a local Junior or at most a 3rd division club similar to Rocket's switch to Cove.

Hopefully BSC Glasgow will manage to get an actual Glasgow home again (currently groundsharing with Alloa FFS!) ideally a groundshare arrangement with the Warriors given Scotstoun Stadiums is closer to Broomhill than Firhill is to Partick.

My daughter's boyfriend is keen to come along to a Cove game the next time he's in the North East after my describing what I really enjoyed about it, and what I had come to detest at AFC over a very long period spanning three decades. I'm certain that I will never watch Aberdeen for the rest of my life although I will be glued to the telly and hope they fuck the new-club-that-has-never-won-fuck-all in the opening game. After over 750 games over seven decades, they should've had a customer for life but Messrs Milne and McInnes were taking the piss. Calderwood was the first sign of trouble for me. Never went to Pittodrie for the calendar year 2007 and watching lower league fitba as I did that year, I really enjoyed it.

I believe BSC have tried to get an arrangement with Warriors but have not been able to make any head way. Number of teams have come across to senior non league football in the West so loads to choose from.