Author Topic: Livi - Dons - Sat - 3PM  (Read 2200 times)

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 13
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
Re: Livi - Dons - Sat - 3PM
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2019, 05:18:14 PM »
Sounded like an absolute horror show yet we come away with 3 points and a clean sheet. The fans certainly made themselves heard and I sincerely hope it's a wake up call to the Manager that we can't continue to put in these types of performances, we are capable of much better yet our Manager persists. I get we have Injury issues, but so do they and they still outfought and outplayed us, but as Slim alluded too, they are powderpuff up front, thankfully.
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2019, 05:52:39 PM »
Different players but the same long ball shite again. We robbed Livingston today and as others have said if they had a decent striker we would have lost by three or 4 and could have had no complaint. Fact we are third is a reflection of how shite the league is nothing else. Not sure how much longer I can sit through shite like that.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2019, 07:00:18 PM »
Horrendous performance and the fact that we have risen to 3rd place is purely cosmetic.....other sides have faced at least one of the arse cheeks by now, some have faced both. We have that dubious pleasure coming up in the forthcoming weeks and as it stands, given our current form we can expect a couple of total horsings.

We do have a bizarrely large injury list right now, but we comfortably have the third biggest playing budget and as such should be able to play teams like Livi off the park given the enormous financial disparity. However Livi also had a few injuries to contend with and despite that managed to totally play us off the park. The result we got was a mugging that should be shown on Crimewatch rather than Sportscene.

Felt sorry for Main, only service he got was 60 yard bombs up the park from Consi, Vyner and particularly Devlin. And not a team-mate within 20 yards of him. McGinn and Gallagher were totally useless, Campbell not great (and lay so deep he was more of a 3rd central defender), Hedges largely anonymous save for the cross for our 1st goal. Joe had another horror moment which directly led to them hitting the bar where they really should have scored (although he did make a save first half that certainly prevented a goal). Vyner continues to prove he is a central defender being played out of position. Ferguson....worked hard but gave away too many fouls.

Cant see us troubling Hearts midweek on this form. The thought of sevco next weekend fills me with dread. They would have stuck 5 past us today. McInnes and co cannot have managed to blank out the cacophony of boos ringing out from our fans from around the half hour mark onwards. The result is absolutely the only positive we can take from today (well maybe if our injury list hasn't grown any bigger but thats still to be confirmed).

That contract extension is looking like a worse decision with each passing week.

• Star Striker
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2019, 09:56:35 PM »
Watched it there on Alba & it was certainly a lot worse than it sounded at the time. Just a totally inept performance with absolutely zero cohesion, we don't have a particular style of Football. I would have thought playing Gallagher RWB would have made more sense than playing McGinn there. Livingston cut us open too many times with absolute ease and Erskine's fresh air swipe in particular was criminal, thankfully for us. The midfield got absolutely bullied by Bartley, and Main offered the square root of fuck all, he had plenty of balls played up to him, head/chest and feet and he pretty much lost possession every time, granted he never got service from the wide areas in and around the box, but his overall play was fucking abysmal.

We are going to suffer a doing at some point, today could quite easily have been 4 or 5 in Livingston's favour, there keeper had literally fuck all to do ( other than pick the ball out of the net ) and they can absolutely feel aggrieved, the fact we've been outplayed by Livingston is pretty disappointing. However, we take the Clean Sheet and the 3 points, guess for the time being that's all that matters. 
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2019, 05:40:55 AM »
Christ, that was a shite set of highlights. Feel bad for those who actually took time out of their saturday to go to that.  If that was eyebleeding, what is Wednesday going to be like?!?

Offline A llad insane

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2019, 10:47:08 AM »
We stole that yesterday, i would say Livi had the 4 best chances of the game & their keeper wasnt tested once.
     Our style of play is mind numbingly slow & boring to watch, somehow we got the 3 points through good luck, but we were shocking.
Thought Gregg Leigh was good & Considine our motm (again).   
The negatives for me, McGinn (in particular) & Hedges were both totally ineffective , never getting past their man once.  Ferguson was poor again & Campbell i'm afraid just looked like a wee boy in midfield.
Main put himself about, but lets face it , he had a thankless task.
              Makes you wonder what we actually do all week on the training ground :dunno:
Was expecting to see Wilson on the park especially as he did well as a sub, last time out at Livi.

The major positive for me,  bathed in glorious sunshine :thumbsup:

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2019, 12:55:28 PM »
Living in Los Angeles I follow the Lakers basketball and they had a number of injuries last season. Sacked all the people responsible for the fitness of their players. This is the second year running for us, questions have to be asked, this isn’t coincidence.

I'd definitely sack the cunt that speculated about one of our players (can't fucking remember who) had a broken leg a week or two back only for him to be back in contention at the weekend.

• Star Striker
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2019, 02:43:21 PM »
I'd definitely sack the cunt that speculated about one of our players (can't fucking remember who) had a broken leg a week or two back only for him to be back in contention at the weekend.

Are you referring to Gallagher? If so, it was McInnes that said post match there may be a break there, he was away to get it scanned, fortunately, or even unfortunately for some, it wasn't a break and he was good to go.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2019, 11:17:31 AM »
Are you referring to Gallagher? If so, it was McInnes that said post match there may be a break there, he was away to get it scanned, fortunately, or even unfortunately for some, it wasn't a break and he was good to go.

McInnes oot.

• Star Striker
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2019, 11:49:59 AM »