Author Topic: Europa League 3rd round  (Read 4815 times)

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -57
Re: Europa League 3rd round
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2019, 09:53:12 AM »
I'll be there on Thursday but didn't renew my (2) season tickets.

It's going to feel a bit flat after Europe, especially if we return to the type of football we saw on Sunday.

However, we've had 3 good home performances and we may well blast five past the Croatians on Thursday.

5-3 anyone?

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 117
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2019, 11:23:52 AM »
Embarrassing stuff. To play against such a shite team so cautiously was a disgrace. It flattened the fans and the game was a waste of everyone's time and money. We deserve to be papped out on Thursday. However I will love it if we turn it around as the wild celebrations from the Rijeka players and fans (including an OTT fireworks display) was also an embarrassment from them and will hopefully bite them on the arse.

Offline Obanred

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 14
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2019, 01:29:29 PM »
At home games at least you don't hear 'One Derek McInnes' being sung much now and if it is it is very low key.

From what I see and hear I think most people are fed up of what is happening with the team over say the last 18 months.

I am also led to believe that Season Ticket sales have dropped a good deal this season and also the renewal of the DNS thing has plummeted also, make of that what you will.

I renewed my ST, but I admit to not looking forward to this season and not even bothering going on Thursday night.

I was going to go Thursday night, leave work early, 200mile drive up, watch game, food, 200mile back hame, get in around 2am and get up for work 6am Friday. But after that absolute pish on Sunday, I think i will just stay at home and watch on RedTV.
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you’d step over your own mother just to get one!

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 73
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2019, 08:57:11 PM »
I was going to go Thursday night, leave work early, 200mile drive up, watch game, food, 200mile back hame, get in around 2am and get up for work 6am Friday. But after that absolute pish on Sunday, I think i will just stay at home and watch on RedTV.

Hun. I'll be there, as I am without doubt the biggest fan on the board. I could actually get Stevie May with my loyalty points and still have enough to get Steven Gleeson in to the game on Thursday, which is the only way you'll see him at Pittodrie again.

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -76
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2019, 10:15:23 PM »
If it had been anybody other than HNK Rijeka regardless of the first leg score I'd have been there for my 20th European evening at Pittodrie.  I've not yet had said refund confirmed by LNER in having to make a split decision where making Chikhura Sachkhere match inside a taxi from Berwick-upon-Tweed was concerned.  You see didn't want adding towards the stress I felt on morning of match when finding train got cancelled.  £350 is a lot of money regarding this disabled guy.  Already paid £184 beforehand on match brief, travel ticket, accommodation, hence each goal that night cost roughly £106.80!!!!!

I have 1-1 on coupon.  James Wilson Anytime Scorer.       

Online ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -113
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2019, 10:44:14 PM »
if we do get through, highly unlikely, and we get gent forget it
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 32
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2019, 11:26:42 PM »
if we do get through, highly unlikely, and we get gent forget it

Don't be confusing Gent with Genk (Genk were formed by the amalgamation of one of our old Euro adversaries Waterschei with Winterslag around 30 years ago)..................Gent are nowhere near the level of Genk and although I agree that our chances of progression are unlikely, should we manage to pull it off then it's an eminently winnable tie. Although another performance like Sunday's would result in a horsing

Online ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2019, 08:01:17 AM »
er am not spending several million euros on players last couple of seasons put spurs out recently.. bit condescending that reply they are ranked 41 by uefa.. there is probably a reason for that
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Online ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2019, 12:53:21 PM »
cosgrove out .. chances dwindling
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »
cosgrove out .. chances dwindling

Fuck sake. Be as well starting Considine up front over Wilson or Main.

Online ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2019, 01:32:00 PM »
stevie may
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 117
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2019, 01:34:26 PM »

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2019, 01:34:33 PM »

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 32
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2019, 01:49:14 PM »
Had Cosgrove been fit, starting May alongside might not have been a bad option at all. We were at our best last season with those 2 in partnership throughout December....we scored a fair few goals in that period
Wondering who will be on penalties with no Cosgrove? GMS was back up option for penalties (and actually May was on them and hadn't missed, but got dropped when Stewart got brought back and Cosgrove inherited the job). McGinn probably?

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2019, 03:42:45 PM »
Where is it confirmed Sam is out?

If he is, please

Lewis

Logan-Considine-McKenna-Leigh

Hedges-Ojo-Ferguson-mcginn

Main-Wilson
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:44:43 PM by LA-Don »

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2019, 06:30:28 PM »
Where is it confirmed Sam is out?

If he is, please

Lewis

Logan-Considine-McKenna-Leigh

Hedges-Ojo-Ferguson-mcginn

Main-Wilson

Confirmation of Cosgrove being out here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49324014

We should not be going with Main as his “style” of football will see him booked or sent off in Europe. See Stockley for evidence of that. He is also dug shite.

Would rather we went with Anderson or May along side Wilson. Agree with the rest of the team.

Think we are fucked anyway as cannot see us getting 3 without them scoring.

In
Bus up and hopefully a couple of pints
Y
Bus back to capital
2-1 McGinn and Wilson.

Online ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2019, 06:43:38 PM »
anderson isnt good enough nor has physique am afraid , play wilson through middle and get the ball on the deck
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Online KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 12
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2019, 06:56:52 PM »
Imagine this was one of those McInnes moments, where someone is unlikely to play, but they then go on to make it, and we still lose  ::) I wouldn't put it passed him by the way.

We can't go with Main again, not on his own, we most definitely can't go with Stevie May, I am still at a loss as to why this fraud is still at our club, so really only leaves Anderson & Wilson, if we are persisting with the 1 Striker, if not, would probably like to see Main & Wilson partnering each other. We will need some sort of brutish player up front, with a more technically astute player beside him, be that Anderson or Wilson, who knows.

If Cosgrove is absolutely out though, and this is not some sort of tactical media mind games, then I fear another goalless Aberdeen, for the 3rd consecutive game.

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline A llad insane

• First Team
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2019, 07:37:08 PM »
Surely has to start with 2 strikers tomorrow, probably Main & Wilson. Picked up tkt tonight, apparently only sold 13k, pretty poor tbh !
Get intae them boot boot :hammer:

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2019, 07:55:45 PM »
 Think it would have been close to a sell out if we hadnt played like blouses recently  >:D,though rackon there will be nearer 16k by kick off

High tempo and in their faces from the start and see what happens. COYR

« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:26:21 PM by Elgindon »