Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Commonwealth Games

Madbadteacher

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to two Aberdeen loons who picked up a couple of Scotland's first medals: David Carry with a Bronze in the 400m Freestyle and Robbie Renwick with a GOLD in the 200m Freestyle.

Shame these games have be mired in disorganisation and empty stadiums.  The state of the Athletics track is unbelievable.  Really enjoyed some of the Melbourne games last time out, especially as Scotland did so well, and with Glasgow next up it would be disappointing if the Commonwealth Games were to lose even more profile and recognition.

Scotland will be doing well to get anywhere near the 29 medals and 6th place in the medal table they got last time but 8th so far with 4 medals.

Never say the English are bad losers!

English wifie false starts in the 100m final gets disqualified, refuses to accept it, runs anyway, then when none of them get anything Team England lodge a complaint to get the Gold medallist disqualified, for false starting at the same start as the English wifie so they can get one of their girls a bronze medal.

Never say the English are bad losers!

English wifie false starts in the 100m final gets disqualified, refuses to accept it, runs anyway, then when none of them get anything Team England lodge a complaint to get the Gold medallist disqualified, for false starting at the same start as the English wifie so they can get one of their girls a bronze medal.

England protested after Pearson avoided disqualification for a false start on the second of three attempts to run the final. She and England's Laura Turner jumped the gun but referees awarded a red card only to Turner on the grounds that her reaction time was the quicker. Turner refused to leave the track, insisting the noise in the stadium was so loud that she had not been able to hear the starter's orders. After a long argument, the referees relented and allowed her to race under protest.

Turner finished last, Pearson first. But England claimed that Pearson should also be disqualified as she appeared to move off the blocks before Turner. Pearson admitted in a post-race interview that she had "twitched first". When told of her disqualification a sobbing Pearson said: "The most disappointing part is that I was told I was clear – I did my victory lap with the flag. I was walking out to the medal ceremony and then I was called back. That's not right."

Turner said: "I got disqualified, and Sally Pearson went too. But I think mine was quicker so they gave the red card to me. Sally was complaining about the amount of noise in the stadium, so therefore I complained about the amount of noise in the stadium. Luckily there was an English guy down there so I said to him: 'Listen, there's too many whistles going on in the crowd,' and he said: 'OK, you can run but you are under protest.' They were trying to kick me off the track still, but I stood my ground and said: 'No, I want to run, I want to run.' I tried my luck."

Almost enough to make me support anyone but england in sport...oh yeah...

FTB&Q!!!

• 1 year later...