🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Commonwealth Games

Madbadteacher

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Athletics at Hampden on Saturday and the organisers have decided that no matter where you are sitting, everybody is going through the same entrance (at the East End of the stadium) which resulted in a huge queue all the way up Prospecthill Road as far as Queens Park.  They are going to do the same thing for the Commonwealth Games and there were only 10,000 - 15,000 there on Saturday so I reckon it'll be chaos during the games where the stadium will be presumably full.

Very strange seeing a running track round Hampden but it was a good day out.

I was at the Athletics at Hampden on Saturday and the organisers have decided that no matter where you are sitting, everybody is going through the same entrance (at the East End of the stadium) which resulted in a huge queue all the way up Prospecthill Road as far as Queens Park.  They are going to do the same thing for the Commonwealth Games and there were only 10,000 - 15,000 there on Saturday so I reckon it'll be chaos during the games where the stadium will be presumably full.

Very strange seeing a running track round Hampden but it was a good day out.

Also apparently Barrs are sponsoring the games so its Irn Bru or Barrs cola only at the refreshment stands. No Coca Cola etc

I hope they haven't sold seats for the very front row as you wont be able to see over the advertising hoardings plus I wonder how many seats have either been lost or perhaps sold with restricted views because of those extra scoreboards and camera positions

• 2 weeks later...

So, Dons v Caley still biggest attendance at park heid this year???

ETA what the fuck is this??

Canadian poof talking shit over some rejected musical score while folk get dressed up as tunnocks tea cakes!!!!

How fucking backwards do we look.

Now Uncle Fester appears to have had a sex change and is talking to us as if he's on CBeebies...

Susan Boyle forgetting the words to Mull of Kintyre, thank christ for the pipe band.

I can understand the "God save the Queen" but why red, white and blue from the red arrows surely blue white and blue?

haha my Celtic supporting mate on Facebook bitching about the red white and blue, God save the Queen and then the queen being on the pitch LOL

Has amused me how many people (in particular Chimp) are getting wound up by it.  It's been cheesy, but it was always going to be.

And loved the Dons hat!

I thought the whole opening segment was dreadful, really cringeworthy.  Some great choice of music later on though, it was like an old skool rave!

:dj:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/opening-ceremony-viewers-question-their-sanity-2014072488874

Opening ceremony viewers question their sanity

THE Commonwealth Games opening ceremony has left viewers phoning friends to make sure they saw the same thing.

As anthropomorphic teacakes danced around a huge snake with the word ‘Tyre’ inexplicably written on its flank, thousands reached out to family members or the emergency services for reassurance that they were not hallucinating.

999 operator Nikki Hollis said: “Our switchboards were jammed with people asking about John Barrowman driving around on the back of a monster truck with loads of tiny dogs and scampering scarecrows.

“I told them it was probably a latent memory of some Ken Russell film and to breathe into a bag until it stopped. Then I turned the telly on and saw it too, or at least I think I saw it.

“Maybe the government is putting chemicals in the water.”

58-year-old Stephen Malley said: “Personally I felt the ceremony was a brilliant representation of Scotland’s rich history of caning loads of mind-altering drugs.”

I had a fantastic day in Glasgow yesterday - beautiful sunshine and tattie scone brioche rollls  ;D

The women's hockey and rhythmic gymnastics were excellent and watching the triathlon at Glasgow Green in the shade lounging about on cushions with scottish gin was a lovely way to spend the afternoon  :thumbsup:

Got tickets for the rugby 7s on Sunday and athletics too which should be fab

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-28513536

Whoever thought using the car-park of one of the largest shopping centres in Scotland as a Games Park & Ride needs shooting.

I'm booked in to the Park & Ride at Eurocentral for the evening session of the athletics on Thursday but might end up not using it if the buses don't improve

The Rugby 7s at Ibrox yesterday were superb - brilliant to witness South Africa winning the gold and the atmosphere was tremendous  :thumbsup:

Shuttle buses from Buchanan St were excellent but Scotrail a nightmare at coping with the massive load of folk needing trains back to Edinburgh

Park & Ride was a bit of a joke yesterday,

I turned up 2 hours before the start of the athletics and still missed the start. Was told there were no bussed because the Rugby had finished early.

Load of pish.

Hampden really is a terrible stadium.

Really can't be arsed heading down again this weekend for the Closing Ceremony.

Scotland doing very well but all the talk about beating previous records is not correct, is it?  I'm assuming that previous medal tallies do not include the para sports which have been integrated this year!?

I see the shooting competition is being held in Carnoustie, I presume that's because they were worried about the competitors being shot at if they had held it in Glasgow!