Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Russel Duncan

He just acted like a bit of wanker in front of us, ie. get it right up you kind of manner. There's celebrating a goal in front of away fans but he was going straight for us, which rightly or wrongly gave out the impression he was trying to incite the crowd. Worked though as some numpties tried to throw stuff. Was the linesman who picked up on it and not the ref though as he was too concerned about whoever was down injured.

Looked like nothing to me. Can understand why he would want to give a little to our fans, its not like he left the pitch or gave us the fingers. This celebration punishment stuff is getting too much as far as I'm concerned.

Looked like nothing to me. Can understand why he would want to give a little to our fans, its not like he left the pitch or gave us the fingers. This celebration punishment stuff is getting too much as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, it probably was a little excessive thing was, as soon as it happened, you knew what was going to happen and he should have known that too. Stupid booking that probably cost his team a point at least.

Incidentally, how did you manage to see what he did from the queue for Bavarian delicacies?

They actually made a sensible comment on Scotsport last night because if after Thomson scored the winner on Saturday he celebrated like that in front of the tims then he would have been booked for goading them so equality and that suggests a booking was perfectly correct.

As far as the rules are concerned, it was a booking.

What I can't seem to understand is the loathing that ICT players seem to have for our fans.

Are they all plastic Huns like the rest of the Inverness population?

No, they are like Yazz and the Plastic Population.

Might be the way Brewster has got them wound up before the game or maybe this time it's because Duncan is an ex-AFC "player"

That prick Duncan and his mates used to steal strawberries fae my dad's garden every summer. Wee prick. He wasnae even the best footballer in his group of mates, nevermind the best talent in Stoney. There were MANY better talents than him in Stoney (Jamie Buchan excluded)... fuck knows how he managed to get into the SPL.

Guest bloo_toon_red

What I can't seem to understand is the loathing that ICT players seem to have for our fans.

Off the top of my head - Russell Duncan, Phil McGuire, Dennis Wyness, Craig Brewster all have an AFC connection and Ross Tokely & Roy McBain both played for Dyce BC in their youth, the former having trained with AFC in his teens, so all in all probably have a wee bit of an axe to grind (with exception of Brewster) for not quite making it with the Dons and McGuire for how unceremoniously dumped he was.

It actually made me think at the time how good you need to be to make it in football - we all stand at pittodrie shouting "he's pish" and "you're shite" at most players - but they'd all skin any of us at 5's!!!

Fair enough, but you'll probably find that the guy who holds the world record for keepie-uppies is not a professional footballer and is possibly quite average with the ball on the deck.

That's why Maguire looks handy when he's fannying around at half-time, flicking the ball about, thinking he's Ronaldo.  But then shites it when he's actually on the park during open play.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Russell Duncan was same age group as me in the juveniles and he was far and away Stonehaven's best player.  It was quite surprising he never made it at Aberdeen but I am reliably informed he had an attitude problem even bigger than his obvious talent.  Maybe it was too much too young, captaining Scotland schoolboys and joining AFC - fulfilling ambitions at a young age.

Russell Duncan was same age group as me in the juveniles and he was far and away Stonehaven's best player.  It was quite surprising he never made it at Aberdeen but I am reliably informed he had an attitude problem even bigger than his obvious talent.  Maybe it was too much too young, captaining Scotland schoolboys and joining AFC - fulfilling ambitions at a young age.

Married with a kid, when he should be having fun?

Fair enough, but you'll probably find that the guy who holds the world record for keepie-uppies is not a professional footballer and is possibly quite average with the ball on the deck.

That's why Maguire looks handy when he's fannying around at half-time, flicking the ball about, thinking he's Ronaldo.  But then shites it when he's actually on the park during open play.

Nothing to do with Russel Duncan but just backing up ST's point (I'm sure I've typed this before) we had the world ball skills champion at Cheltenham a guy called Craig Dobson he was the guy in opening credits at the start of ITVs Saturday premiership program a few years ago,  he was wank. Funnily enough he scored at Wembley last year in the FA Vase final.

hate to say it reekie but you're off the mark - they banned him from scoring goals at house fitba cos he was getting about 10 a game! He used to run rings round abidee!!! It actually made me think at the time how good you need to be to make it in football - we all stand at pittodrie shouting "he's pish" and "you're shite" at most players - but they'd all skin any of us at 5's!!!

Mate, most people skinned us at our infamous Stoney Leisure Centre 5's. But Duncan certainly didnae seem too good a talent at Mackie compared to what I remember seeing. Every weekend I used to sit peerin oot of one of the upstairs windows of my house which looked onto Caronhill School grounds. Duncan, his brother, the two Russos and a few others would play footy there every single waking hour. Whenever there was a ball on that field, they'd be there. I'll give him this much credit, football was his absolute passion. But he most certainly wasn't the best talent amongst his group of friends ... and this was only a year or so before he got picked for Scotland Schoolboys.

Colin Cameron was in my class at school. The only class he was in of mine was Games and we just played fitba. He was quite small and easy to push off the ball. You would never have thought he was going to be a full Scotland international. Things change very quickly.

I liked Cameron as a player. But I mind the game that was being talked as Cameron's big comeback game for Hearts after being out for ages thru injury. This was supposed to be the game when he would come back, take control of the Hearts midfield and swipe Aberdeen aside.

That game also happened to be Paul Bernard's first game back after yet another lengthy injury. Bernard completely outclassed Cameron to the point that the Hearts midfield hardly had a touch of the ball all day.

I liked Cameron as a player. But I mind the game that was being talked as Cameron's big comeback game for Hearts after being out for ages thru injury. This was supposed to be the game when he would come back, take control of the Hearts midfield and swipe Aberdeen aside.

That game also happened to be Paul Bernard's first game back after yet another lengthy injury. Bernard completely outclassed Cameron to the point that the Hearts midfield hardly had a touch of the ball all day.

If Bernard wasn't so injury prone he would have been a magnifficent signing for us & surely would have went on to get a few more Scotland caps, or was it B caps he had?

Does Bluto work for Sizzlers?

I banned them both fae DT a couple of years ago for being absolutely arrogant wankers. I heard both of them were actually banned fae the Red Ultras bus too ... likewise for being wankers! Guess they've never really changed from their childhood days when they used to take on 6 year olds at footy. Nae really fair when they were 15 and 17 respectively.