Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tribute act at home.

I guess both sides will be playing in black too and wearing veils.

Whoever said that a lot of Brits (English mainly) were a nation of insular small minds was at least half right.

The Brits here in Spain seem to have gotten over it pretty quickly and are carrying on as normal.

Spanish media picked up on it, reported it, shrugged their shoulders and went back to showing supermarket adverts.

5 hours ago, Barcosente said:

The Brits here in Spain seem to have gotten over it pretty quickly and are carrying on as normal.

That's because they're being allowed to. They don't have to walk the tight rope of the tabloid press, waiting to slaughter anyone not grieving enough. 

A mischievous part of me hopes they play the English national anthem before the Hibs v Dons game at the weekend. 

• Like 1

Just now, RicoS321 said:

That's because they're being allowed to. They don't have to walk the tight rope of the tabloid press, waiting to slaughter anyone not grieving enough. 

A mischievous part of me hopes they play the English national anthem before the Hibs v Dons game at the weekend. 

Fucking right. It would be hilarious. 

5 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Fucking right. It would be hilarious. 

I think they'll maybe even struggle with a minute's silence. Nor should there be one anyway. The nation has its opportunity on Sunday night for those that wish to. Football doesn't need to be the vehicle for this. It's disrespectful to enforce grief in such a way (as it was to cancel games).

31 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I can get a picture of what it's like back in the UK. Sounds utterly dystopian.

Folks being arrested for holding up blank pieces of paper etc...

Unfortunately I have to come back there in a couple of weeks.

My daughter's will only put up with me for so long.