Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tribute act at home.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Anyone, like me, who was attending the Dons game, is being subjected (because we are subjects) to mourning. It's being decided for us, and we have no say. He's correct to be outraged, it's a fucking disgrace, whether we have other stuff we can do or not. That you use your demonstrated vastly superior intelligence and wit to defend against, rather than augment, the criticism is rather wasteful, and a little pathetic. 

Once every 70 years min. Give it a rest

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Once every 70 years min. Give it a rest

No thanks. It's not every 70 years though, is it (quite literally, you're incorrect). The monarchy as a symbol doesn't die with the Queen. This isn't about the minor inconvenience of missing a football game. I'd have thought that someone so willing to engage in what would be called conspiracy in other social issues would have a little bit more freedom of thought on this one. 

39 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Surprised there is any dubiety to be honest

The Queens eleven will refuse to play anyway and our Strathclyde Football Association will fall over themselves to support them.

Simple enough to get round though. Just state that there will be no abandoning of fixtures, but if any individual club wishes to postpone their fixture they are free to do so. I actually have little problem with the Huns being performative Huns, but they shouldn't have their ways forced onto the rest of the league. Let them be shown up for the peak virtue signallers (the hypocrisy being huge as they'd be the first people to talk about cancel culture and so on) that they are in what is the zenith moment for virtue signalling. It would perfectly highlight the childish charade for what it is. 

9 hours ago, Kowalski said:

I’ll be going to work today, taking my son to gymnastics later, doing the parkrun tomorrow then taking my son to his kids football practice.

Kids fitba postponed in Aberdeen (not sure if it's all teams), so you might not be able to do the last item on your list. Weirdly, nobody will be able to solve the grief conundrum that will likely say that gymnastics is acceptable, but football not. 

This isn't normal. Strangely, the people that questioned lockdown most vociferously will probably be the ones in favour of this particular lockdown. Blue versus red once again, as the adults depart the scene.

According to the Guardian online the new club's game against Napoli on Tuesday has been moved to Wednesday because of limitations on police resources.  So what is happening on Tuesday that is such a drain on resources but doesn't apply on Wednesday?  I would only hazard a guess that on Tuesday the old biddy's body is lying in state at ipox because they are ultra-loyal (except for paying their taxes, obviously) and they have to keep out the kaffliks.

6 hours ago, dons8321 said:

According to the Guardian online the new club's game against Napoli on Tuesday has been moved to Wednesday because of limitations on police resources.  So what is happening on Tuesday that is such a drain on resources but doesn't apply on Wednesday?  

The coffin is being driven to the airport then flown to London, leaving at 18:55 to be precise.

As you can imagine there'll be huge crowds in Edinburgh and all along the motorway to the airport.

That's what is stretching the police's resources.