Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tribute act at home.

21 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

BBC claiming he's been banned for 2 games?
Any point in the club turning up for the hearing?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/62788959

According to the SFA website it would seem we've accepted the inevitable outcome before the hearing, so in short, no.

Outcome: Admitted: two-match mandatory suspension, effective immediately to the player's Recognised Team's next two matches, irrespective of competition.

Edited by OxfordDon

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

As wasw said further up though, good is comparative, so yes it is relevant if he's better than Stewart. We finished second with Taylor (on 76 points) and he was regularly good enough to get us into Europe and part of some good wins once there. He had enough good attributes to allow us to work round his limitations. Seabass mentioned Cammy Smith in another thread, he was what I would describe as a good footballer. Good touch, good passer and technically good at fitba. The opposite of Taylor, in that his physical attributes meant he'd never make it at a good enough level. Taylor's physical attributes more than made up for his technical deficiencies. That occurs to a greater or lesser degree across the game at all levels. Grant Hanley made it in "the greatest league in the world"™. It's possible for Taylor to both be shite and good (I believe I said a good signing) at the same time.

On the contrary, we had a very good team, and our weak point was defence. The strength of the league overall was also weaker than it is now.

You'll never convince me he is or was a good player, because for every good thing you'll find he did, I'll find five bad ones.

As for Saturday, Rangers' main strength is Kent creating space for Barisic down that left hand side, who then puts in crosses for Colac. Richardson hasn't been good defensively so far this season, and I fear Rangers will target him. 

Would have said McCrorie to right back, but with Clarkson now banned and Barron injured it leaves us a bit short in midfield, unless we pitch Polvara in.

The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral.  I'm not looking forward to her dying as the press is going to be one giant sycophantic monarchy wank fest for at least a month after. Still, she's gotta go sometime and beating the huns the game after she's popped her clogs would take the edge of it nicely.  Just saying. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral.  I'm not looking forward to her dying as the press is going to be one giant sycophantic monarchy wank fest for at least a month after. Still, she's gotta go sometime and beating the huns the game after she's popped her clogs would take the edge of it nicely.  Just saying. 

If she goes before Saturday there will be no game as country would go into period of mourning. 

11 minutes ago, Jute said:

If she goes before Saturday there will be no game as country would go into period of mourning. 

Yep that crossed my mind a few minutes after. Fuck that, this is cracking time to have them at home.   C'mon lizzy, stay away from the light! 

I think (not sure) that there'll be no domestic football for two weeks. With the international break coming at the end of the month, that would mean no domestic football until October.

So chances are that our next game v Rangers will actually be the one scheduled in for Ibrox on 29 October. 

And our next game is actually the return of Derek McInnes to Pittodrie on 1 October.

All just speculation of course. But her funeral isn't for another 10 days and I can't see games going ahead before then. 

29 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

What an utter fucking nonsense, god I loathe imperial culture. 

Totally it's just a fucking joke!! The UK is a gulag people etc forced against there will to mourn & to disrupt real peoples lives & the millions all us plebs pay for the fkn funeral! I'd stick her on a bonfire 

!!  I'd fkn love to immigrate away from this sycophantic uk.

It's a fucking joke if this is what happens! They royals could actually act like decent people here & announce its optional & it's only 2 days either side of the funeral to mourn! not fucking 10-12 days! It's draconian & disgusting 

! Fuck The Monarchy and all who ride in her!!

Edited by The D.O.C.1903

4 hours ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

Totally it's just a fucking joke!! The UK is a gulag people etc forced against there will to mourn & to disrupt real peoples lives & the millions all us plebs pay for the fkn funeral! I'd stick her on a bonfire 

It's a fucking joke if this is what happens! They royals could actually act like decent people here & announce its optional & it's only 2 days either side of the funeral to mourn! not fucking 10-12 days! It's draconian & disgusting 

Who is forcing you against your will to mourn?

I’ll be going to work today, taking my son to gymnastics later, doing the parkrun tomorrow then taking my son to his kids football practice. What are you doing - sobbing into a bucket cause you think you’re being forced to mourn against your will? 

Get a fucking grip and ignore it. Or “immigrate away” as you suggest. Or sign up for some spelling and grammar lessons if you’re looking for something to do to while away the time if the football gets cancelled. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

I’ve read some idiotic and ignorant posts on here in the past but this about takes the cake.

Remember that in all of this and through the rage that you clearly have, people have lost a mum, a granny, a friend, etc.  It’s perhaps worth focussing on that rather than what you feel is a suitable mourning period or the potential for missing a weeks football. 

5 hours ago, Kowalski said:

Who is forcing you against your will to mourn?

I’ll be going to work today, taking my son to gymnastics later, doing the parkrun tomorrow then taking my son to his kids football practice. What are you doing - sobbing into a bucket cause you think you’re being forced to mourn against your will? 

Get a fucking grip and ignore it. Or “immigrate away” as you suggest. Or sign up for some spelling and grammar lessons if you’re looking for something to do to while away the time if the football gets cancelled. 

Anyone, like me, who was attending the Dons game, is being subjected (because we are subjects) to mourning. It's being decided for us, and we have no say. He's correct to be outraged, it's a fucking disgrace, whether we have other stuff we can do or not. That you use your demonstrated vastly superior intelligence and wit to defend against, rather than augment, the criticism is rather wasteful, and a little pathetic. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sheepheid said:

I’ve read some idiotic and ignorant posts on here in the past but this about takes the cake.

Remember that in all of this and through the rage that you clearly have, people have lost a mum, a granny, a friend, etc.  It’s perhaps worth focussing on that rather than what you feel is a suitable mourning period or the potential for missing a weeks football. 

People lose there parents grandparents all the time but the country and life does not grind to a halt. 

I also object to the cost of this be foisted on the nation by a family with a huge  amount of wealth. Let them pay for their own private funeral like every other family does and let the rest of us who did not know the woman get on with our lives. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, sheepheid said:

Aye, prince Andrew is a regular poster on here and he'll be sweating with rage when he reads that post.

Your argument is equally as ignorant and distasteful as the one it criticises. I'm not coerced into grief for anyone else's elderly relative, yet a heavily funded attempt is being made for me to mourn this particular one. It's sinister, crude and belongs in Iran or North Korea. We wouldn't miss a week's football - and nor should we - if Ferguson or God died, and we're right to focus on the unsuitability of that mourning period. It's disgusting. 

• Like 1