Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tribute act at home.

Hopefully they will have suffered another sapping defeat in Amsterdam on Wednesday and be coming into this game on the verge of a crisis.  Was chatting with my rangers supporting pal last night and he reckons if they lose at Pittodrie and go 8 behind the title is done already and it's hard to disagree.  They are there for the fucking taking too if you ask me, I wasn't even remotely surprised the tims horsed them. 

I really want to see Duk start this for Clarkson, that's two games in a row he's come on and made a big impact. He looks like he has lost the near half a stone that he needed too and is all kinds of hungry. There is also the added bonus of I think Mcrorie and rama do better as a 2 in the centre.  

Out

Working

Rtv 

Working

2-1 dons Miovski and Duk. 

Edited by tlg1903

57 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Was chatting with my rangers supporting pal last night and he reckons if they lose at Pittodrie and go 8 behind the title is done already and it's hard to disagree. 

Wait, we're 8 points behind. Does that mean even with a win on Saturday our title race is done?

Well that's depressing.

Definitely there for the taking, but so are we. Richardson will be exploited so we need to have a back up plan. As you say, hopefully they’ll be hun ragged by their euro fixture. A loud pittodrie should really spur this team on. Be interesting to see how they deal with a partisan home crowd. Hopefully positively! 

out

bed

bed

bed

2-1 dons, Ramadani and mccrorie 

I always fear playing them after a spanking off the green bigots and blue bigots took a spanking on Saturday. I can Richardson in particular having a rough afternoon. Lad simply does not look up to the required level so far. Remain unconvinced by Stewart and Roos also. To win these games you usually need to be flawless at the back and cannot see either of those two managing that. Agree with those saying Lopes and Miovski to start. Take the game to them rather than sit in.

In

Stupidly early train

Y

Beer then train back to capital.

1-3 McCrorie with Dons goal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jute said:

I always fear playing them after a spanking off the green bigots and blue bigots took a spanking on Saturday. I can Richardson in particular having a rough afternoon. Lad simply does not look up to the required level so far. Remain unconvinced by Stewart and Roos also. To win these games you usually need to be flawless at the back and cannot see either of those two managing that. Agree with those saying Lopes and Miovski to start. Take the game to them rather than sit in.

In

Stupidly early train

Y

Beer then train back to capital.

1-3 McCrorie with Dons goal. 

Not really getting the hate for Richardson 2bh.  I agree he's not set the heather alight but I do think he's improving and has his strengths (fucking quick and bit of a unit). He ain't Rory Mcardle bad put it that way. 

Agree the jury is still out on Stewart and Roos though I've seen more good than bad from Stewart.  He seems to have calmed down with the Beckenbauer passes at least. 

Edited by tlg1903
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

Not really getting the hate for Richardson 2bh.  I agree he's not set the heather alight but I do think he's improving and has his strengths (fucking quick and bit of a unit). He ain't Rory Mcardle bad put it that way. 

Agree the jury is still out on Stewart and Roos though I've seen more good than bad from Stewart.  He seems to have calmed down with the Beckenbauer passes at least. 

Richardson has no positional sense or defensive ability at all. He actually looks like a faster stronger version of Gurr that we paid for from what I have seen so far.

I see Beaton is ref for Saturday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

Richardson is better than Jack Gurr. He's lacking in confidence and the manager needs to take him back to basics. If he keeps doing one or two things over and over, he'll get there. Positionally, he's improved since day one. There are plenty of fullbacks in this league that have just been able to run fast in a straight line and kick it sideways at the end and done well. He's got the pace to make that work.

Jury still out on Stewart. Slower than Considine and lax at passing. Appears to be good at one on ones and positionally decent. Has been bailed out on numerous occasions already by Scales coming across to cover in behind, however I get the impression he's often aware of Scales being there, so possibly not an issue. I think he'll do fine, but he's no better than Taylor or Considine (pre injury). Which isn't a bad thing of course, both were good.

27 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Richardson is better than Jack Gurr. He's lacking in confidence and the manager needs to take him back to basics. If he keeps doing one or two things over and over, he'll get there. Positionally, he's improved since day one. There are plenty of fullbacks in this league that have just been able to run fast in a straight line and kick it sideways at the end and done well. He's got the pace to make that work.

Jury still out on Stewart. Slower than Considine and lax at passing. Appears to be good at one on ones and positionally decent. Has been bailed out on numerous occasions already by Scales coming across to cover in behind, however I get the impression he's often aware of Scales being there, so possibly not an issue. I think he'll do fine, but he's no better than Taylor or Considine (pre injury). Which isn't a bad thing of course, both were good.

Slower than Considine means he's standing still......

• Haha 3

On 05/09/2022 at 17:00, RicoS321 said:

I'm assuming "they'll" suspend Clarkson for this one.

The hearing is on Thursday, just in time.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Fast Track Notice of Complaint | Leighton Clarkson, player, Aberdeen FC

Tuesday 6 September 2022

Player: Leighton Clarkson

Match: Ross County FC v Aberdeen FC

Date: Saturday 3rd September

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 200: Where it is established that a player has committed any one or more of the following sending off offences during a match: 

(A1) Serious foul play (as described from time to time in the Laws of the Game), but only where the acts and/or omissions constituting the sending off offence:
(i) were committed intentionally; and/or
(ii) fell significantly below the standard of conduct expected of a Player in the prevailing circumstances; and
(iii) in the case of each of (i) and/or (ii) above, demonstrate a culpable disregard by the Player for the consequences which might result from such acts and/or omissions.
(A2) Violent conduct (as described from time to time in the Laws of the Game)
(A3) Biting or spitting at someone, 
and, in the case of each or any of A1, A2 and/or A3, where the player was not dismissed by the referee as a result of the alleged act/acts referred to within the Fast Track Notice of Complaint.

Any Fast Track Notice of Complaint alleging a breach of this Rule shall be Determined by a Fast Track Tribunal subject to the provisions of Section 13.

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Thursday 8th September 2022 

Edited by OxfordDon

10 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I think he'll do fine, but he's no better than Taylor or Considine (pre injury). Which isn't a bad thing of course, both were good.

Ha ha. Funny.

John Beaton refereeing this game means he will have taken charge of four of the last six Dons/Rangers games. Which is odd in itself, but when you consider Aberdeen actually made a complaint to the SFA about him after one of those games, and in all three he has had controversial decisions in favour of the team it's no secret he supports, it seems very peculiar.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Panda said:

Ha ha. Funny.

I hated Taylor when he joined, but once he learned his limitations and strengths he was good for us. If we'd had no prior experience of Taylor when he signed again, the fans would have loved him. He rarely made the type of error that he did in his first spell, was strong and won everything in the air. Despite his forgiveable red card at the weekend, he's had a great start to the season with killie and is at least on par with Stewart. A more objective observer than me would likely say better.

Completely disagree on Taylor.

Throw a ball into the box and he'd head it away.

But when a team played through Aberdeen he was constantly out of position, made the wrong decisions as to who to pick up, made rash challenges, and his passing was poor.

"He's had a great start to the season with Killie". 

Two examples for the prosecution..

First, his "forgivable" red card. He gets caught out of position, is never going to make the ball, lunges in and leaves his team down to 10 men early in the game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/62788961

Second, at Ibrox, as the screenshots will show. He begins in the right position, has Colak covered, but then after Colak makes the pass - despite clearly seeing his team-mate had it covered - he chases after the ball like a little puppy excited by the big white thing, Rangers play an easy one-two, Taylor is now no-where near his man and it's a goal. It sums up his stupidity which constantly annoyed me at Aberdeen and I'm glad he's Kilmarnock's problem these days.

3C232589-3C17-4053-A42E-AC2561D37BBB.thumb.jpeg.124ab64df0dc11f8da9ab1c7d5614146.jpeg02E0EFE5-1C66-44FA-8CEC-5089FE18F7D1.thumb.jpeg.56d7b477932c3aff70240240387678c6.jpeg485D98C5-C055-48E6-BFF9-1A4BCAA1B02F.thumb.jpeg.c136e935c37ac80574292a0945dc5c37.jpeg1DDB65D1-AA8D-401E-BC05-A62DD1F2975E.thumb.jpeg.593294443f64c1d7f8e95ecc21e0174c.jpeg

2 hours ago, Panda said:

But when a team played through Aberdeen he was constantly out of position, made the wrong decisions as to who to pick up, made rash challenges, and his passing was poor.

First, his "forgivable" red card. He gets caught out of position, is never going to make the ball, lunges in and leaves his team down to 10 men early in the game.

Second, at Ibrox, as the screenshots will show. He begins in the right position, has Colak covered, but then after Colak makes the pass - despite clearly seeing his team-mate had it covered - he chases after the ball like a little puppy excited by the big white thing, Rangers play an easy one-two, Taylor is now no-where near his man and it's a goal. It sums up his stupidity which constantly annoyed me at Aberdeen and I'm glad he's Kilmarnock's problem these days.

3C232589-3C17-4053-A42E-AC2561D37BBB.thumb.jpeg.124ab64df0dc11f8da9ab1c7d5614146.jpeg02E0EFE5-1C66-44FA-8CEC-5089FE18F7D1.thumb.jpeg.56d7b477932c3aff70240240387678c6.jpeg485D98C5-C055-48E6-BFF9-1A4BCAA1B02F.thumb.jpeg.c136e935c37ac80574292a0945dc5c37.jpeg1DDB65D1-AA8D-401E-BC05-A62DD1F2975E.thumb.jpeg.593294443f64c1d7f8e95ecc21e0174c.jpeg

All very fair. He was still decent for us all things considered. I wouldn't (and didn't) want him back just to clarify, but he was far from our worst defender this century and far from the worst defender in the league when he played for us. If I could be arsed with Stewart screenshots, we'd be in a similar position is basically what I'm saying. Taylor was always that defender you throw in the mix while the proper players work in behind and alongside, I'm struggling to see which of those roles Stewart plays, mainly due to his extreme lack of pace.

2 hours ago, Panda said:

That's how you interpret what you see but you may not be correct. When the pass is played it's Taylor's job to cover the other defender who is about to pressure the ball. Is he chasing the ball or is he about to cover the left back/left central defender? The defensive play is to get the rangers player to pass again rather than take on the defender 1v1. You want an attacker to go sideways/away from goal and not directly forward, giving more time for further defenders to get back which you see. Defensively you slow the attack by showing the attacker a 1v2 in a sense forcing an other pass and not direct forward penetration to goal. Where Taylor get's caught is in his body shape and being too square instead of deeper. He doesn't have the mobility or positioning to recover from the second pass. At the same time, saying all of this, is it not just good attacking play that leads to a goal?? I'm also going by the pics and not video, not wasting any more of my time with Killie Rangers! 

Edited by OrlandoDon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I hated Taylor when he joined, but once he learned his limitations and strengths he was good for us. If we'd had no prior experience of Taylor when he signed again, the fans would have loved him. He rarely made the type of error that he did in his first spell, was strong and won everything in the air. Despite his forgiveable red card at the weekend, he's had a great start to the season with killie and is at least on par with Stewart. A more objective observer than me would likely say better.

It's a fair point Rico and something we all need to keep in mind is the level that these guys are playing at.  You could probably pick holes in all SPL centre backs and that is exactly the reason why they play in our league instead of at a higher level.  

Not saying Panda is necessarily wrong with what he says but also consider that you have the hun striker who I think is Colak, a £3M Croatian international, up against a free transfer from Walsall.  I saw Celtic play like world beaters on Sunday but then watch them in the second half against Modric, Kroos and Co last night and they were chasing shadows and the same applies when you are analysing a Killie defender playing against Rangers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

That's how you interpret what you see but you may not be correct. When the pass is played it's Taylor's job to cover the other defender who is about to pressure the ball. Is he chasing the ball or is he about to cover the left back/left central defender? The defensive play is to get the rangers player to pass again rather than take on the defender 1v1. You want an attacker to go sideways/away from goal and not directly forward, giving more time for further defenders to get back which you see. Defensively you slow the attack by showing the attacker a 1v2 in a sense forcing an other pass and not direct forward penetration to goal. Where Taylor get's caught is in his body shape and being too square instead of deeper. He doesn't have the mobility or positioning to recover from the second pass. At the same time, saying all of this, is it not just good attacking play that leads to a goal?? I'm also going by the pics and not video, not wasting any more of my time with Killie Rangers! 

No, the correct thing to do would be to drop deep behind your team-mate and between the two attacking players.

He did neither, he ran towards the ball. Because he's an idiot.

Whether he's better than Stewart or not is neither here nor there. Even if he was twice the player of Stewart he is still not a good player.

36 minutes ago, Panda said:

Whether he's better than Stewart or not is neither here nor there. Even if he was twice the player of Stewart he is still not a good player.

As wasw said further up though, good is comparative, so yes it is relevant if he's better than Stewart. We finished second with Taylor (on 76 points) and he was regularly good enough to get us into Europe and part of some good wins once there. He had enough good attributes to allow us to work round his limitations. Seabass mentioned Cammy Smith in another thread, he was what I would describe as a good footballer. Good touch, good passer and technically good at fitba. The opposite of Taylor, in that his physical attributes meant he'd never make it at a good enough level. Taylor's physical attributes more than made up for his technical deficiencies. That occurs to a greater or lesser degree across the game at all levels. Grant Hanley made it in "the greatest league in the world"™. It's possible for Taylor to both be shite and good (I believe I said a good signing) at the same time.