Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ramsay

BigAl

For all these pundits claiming to be in the know,there seems to be an affa discrepancy in the fees being bandied about. £4m <> £10m. Someone put us out our misery....🙄

....Be happy with £9m though,.. if pushed

Edited by Elgindon

6 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

For all these pundits claiming to be in the know,there seems to be an affa discrepancy in the fees being bandied about. £4m <> £10m. Someone put us out our misery....🙄

....Be happy with £9m though,.. if pushed

Think it was €10M, so about £8.5M ish. That was after add-ons too. I expect the figures aren't that far apart, but we'll be trying to drive a hard bargain.

Edited by RicoS321

Assorted media seem to think Liverpool have offered £4m up front (up to £6m with add-ons), but we are wanting £5m front (up to £8.5m with add-ons). 

Nice to see we aren't just rolling over for once, although that extra million is probably what Liverpool spend on paper clips.

• Like 2

Wish him all the best. Don't like them as a club, but that's irrelevant, I want him to be a success there. Hard to see how he'd fit in the first team plans at the moment or ever, but he's clearly got talent (going forward) and they've got a very good coaching setup there.  Will be watching his career with interest.

On 19/06/2022 at 21:19, manc_don said:

Wish him all the best. Don't like them as a club, but that's irrelevant, I want him to be a success there. Hard to see how he'd fit in the first team plans at the moment or ever, but he's clearly got talent (going forward) and they've got a very good coaching setup there.  Will be watching his career with interest.

Klopp classically operates a small squad so I think he will get a fair crack of the whip. 

On 08/05/2022 at 19:34, manc_don said:

I’ll be honest, I haven’t seen it in person, nor can I tell much from highlights as I don’t get the chance to watch many games. From what I did see I didn’t get the hype,  but he’s obviously got something about him or others wouldn’t be sniffing about. Always been the best in the teams he’d been involved with so I wish him luck if he does move. His defensive game needs a lot of work but no doubting his attacking ability. Be great if one of ours makes it in the prem.  And at the top end too.

I kind of felt that way too. But watching this... Oooft, he's going to be a player.

Calvin Ramsay was without doubt the brightest prospect to come through at Aberdeen since, Jess, Booth, Glass.

a properly talented boy, who is balanced and confident on the ball beyond his years. If he stays injury free, gets playing time and gets the coaching to continue his development, he has the potential for me to be better than Nathan Patterson and  be Scotland’s number 1 right back. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2022 at 06:48, manc_don said:

Don’t think so. He’s back in training as far as I remember reading a couple of weeks back 

According to a Twitter post from Ramsay, he only started full training last week.

They have a League Cup game at home to Derby at the start of November. Suspect that might be his debut.

3 hours ago, Panda said:

According to a Twitter post from Ramsay, he only started full training last week.

They have a League Cup game at home to Derby at the start of November. Suspect that might be his debut.

Aye, think it was a gym photo from memory, so probably wasn’t full training yet. Be great if he made his debut in November 🤞

• Like 1

On 05/10/2022 at 08:15, RicoS321 said:

In the squad last night against the Huns. You'd think they'd have allowed him a cameo appearance to nail Jack, even if not fully fit. I'm guessing he gave the pre match talk on why everyone should hate the Huns.

Noticeable that Alexander Arnold upped his game on Tuesday night.

He has been getting a fair bit of flak in recent weeks.

Responding well to Ramsay breathing down his neck for the right back starting slot 😉

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Noticeable that Alexander Arnold upped his game on Tuesday night.

He has been getting a fair bit of flak in recent weeks.

Responding well to Ramsay breathing down his neck for the right back starting slot 😉

Would love to see them both in the same team BigAl with Trent playing in more of a right midfield role where Ramsay could cover for his defensive deficiencies.