Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ramsay

BigAl

Thought my fellow administrators based in the Southen Hemisphere might have merged these threads whilst the rest of us were in the land of nod  

At least Rico and HaarDon can sleep easy tonight safe in the knowledge there is only one Calvin Ramsay thread now. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BigAl said:

Thought my fellow administrators based in the Southen Hemisphere might have merged these threads whilst the rest of us were in the land of nod  

At least Rico and HaarDon can sleep easy tonight safe in the knowledge there is only one Calvin Ramsay thread now. 😉

Come Al you actually expect these work shy colonial types to actually do anything. I mean there is not even a match thread up for next game.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, BigAl said:

There's only 1 Calvin Ramsay thread.

1 Calvin Ramsay threadddddddddd..

There's onlyyyy 1.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, HaarDon said:

£10mill+ for Paterson!!

We won't even get £3mill for Ramsay I bet.

I don't believe for 1 second the figures being bandied about.

I've heard, the truth is around £7.5 million, rising to a max of just over £10 million (which is still high and slightly unbelievable). That it's essentially all up front now i.e. no sell on and the additional figures are based on Everton reaching the Champions League etc. (very unlikely to happen but can be spun as a positive for their gullible followers).

I'm inclined to believe this over the £10 rising to £16 million and 20% sell on bollocks. The fact that values are very rarely mentioned in the press I think the truth lies in the huns needing people to believe these figures for a number of reasons including; the other tall tales in the press inflating values for their other players (£20+ million for Morelos??) and how much money we know the huns have admitted they need before the end of the season.

If we were to get a decent upfront fee and realistic add on options, I reckon we could end up receiving more for Ramsay. 

That said we don't need to sell him so I'd rather we kept him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baggy89 said:

I don't believe for 1 second the figures being bandied about.

I've heard, the truth is around £7.5 million, rising to a max of just over £10 million (which is still high and slightly unbelievable). That it's essentially all up front now i.e. no sell on and the additional figures are based on Everton reaching the Champions League etc. (very unlikely to happen but can be spun as a positive for their gullible followers).

I'm inclined to believe this over the £10 rising to £16 million and 20% sell on bollocks. The fact that values are very rarely mentioned in the press I think the truth lies in the huns needing people to believe these figures for a number of reasons including; the other tall tales in the press inflating values for their other players (£20+ million for Morelos??) and how much money we know the huns have admitted they need before the end of the season.

If we were to get a decent upfront fee and realistic add on options, I reckon we could end up receiving more for Ramsay. 

That said we don't need to sell him so I'd rather we kept him...

I think you're right. The difference in this reporting to that of McKenna a few years back is notable. The impartial BBC reporting the £10M figure, presumably from a Hun source (thought they were banned?). Whereas when the dons had a club reported figure of £6M offered for McKenna (the year before he was actually sold), the BBC insisted on reporting the lower (and probably more accurate) "in the region of £3.75M" figure. It'd be interesting to find out the source of their information. It seems they are more than happy to take a Hun statement at face value rather than us, which is bizarre given the last decade in Scottish fitba. The BBC are fairly good at just reprinting Hun statements as fact these days.

I think £7.5M would be about right. They got lucky with the timing, I think had Ramsay been a year further on we'd have seen him in a Scotland shirt doing just as well. Bottom line is that Scotland needed a right back and he came in and did well. At 6ft3, he's got the athleticism and potential build to do well down there.

On 04/01/2022 at 15:36, RicoS321 said:

I think £7.5M would be about right. They got lucky with the timing, I think had Ramsay been a year further on we'd have seen him in a Scotland shirt doing just as well. Bottom line is that Scotland needed a right back and he came in and did well. At 6ft3, he's got the athleticism and potential build to do well down there.

I think it was about the same time the two of them broke through but a few things went in Pattersons favor over Ramsey. Rangers were doing well at the time which allowed him to slot in and show how good he was, whereas we have been struggling and Ramsey hasn't had the players around him to show his best. I think though we can all agree another factor was that Scotland couldn't go to the Euros without a hun in the squad so he was fast tracked in there. Both have (according to Wikipedia) made roughly the same number of appearances and that's with Ramsey having been out for several months. I presume Ramsey actually has more starts and minutes as well. I actually think Patterson is a decent player from what I've seen but we will see how good now he's at Everton. The plus for Ramsey is that he has time on his side. He's a couple of years younger than Patterson so hopefully a better prospect in the end. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/12/2021 at 21:58, BigAl said:

Of course we won't accept it but anyone genuinely thinking that any club is coming in with opening offers above that sort of figure is sadly mistaken in my opinion.

Only way we're getting a fair wedge for him is if there is a bidding war.

I'm of the opinion that the fact he's been out injured for the past few weeks might just work in our favour and that Ramsay will still be here when the window shuts at end of January.

🧐

2 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Take it!!!

Not sure why you would want rid of our best player mate?  After the last couple of years with no crowds, Glass would surely get very little of that fee to spend so the team would end up weaker.  The longer we can keep a hold of the lad, the better.  Unless you're on the board like? 🧐

20 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Not sure why you would want rid of our best player mate?  After the last couple of years with no crowds, Glass would surely get very little of that fee to spend so the team would end up weaker.  The longer we can keep a hold of the lad, the better.  Unless you're on the board like? 🧐

I dont want rid of him woking but that price is too good an offer for a team sitting in the middle of the league.

A club record near £5mill?

Bloody right I'd take it.

We will miss him ofc.

23 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

I dont want rid of him woking but that price is too good an offer for a team sitting in the middle of the league.

A club record near £5mill?

Bloody right I'd take it.

We will miss him ofc.

The thing though is that it isn't a near £5m bid

£830k loan fee to end of season and an obligation to purchase for £3.3m in June plus a small sell on %.

Tell them to fuck off Dave.

Bunch of fucking chancers 

16 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

I'd like to see us run sustainably as a club and have as little reliance on Cormack and others as possible. The last couple of seasons has seen us take a fair hit, and if we can rectify that quickly, I think it's in the best interest of the club. Ramsay's value isn't likely to go up significantly (from now) playing in the spfl, and I think doig at Hibs provides a decent example of the opposite happening. £4.8M would have been huge (albeit, looks a lot more like £4M), and not likely to come around again. It sets a benchmark for future sales too, especially if he does well. Ramsay could be the start of something bigger (or not), we've not really established a baseline for selling players. If we start getting a lot of players through like him, I think we would begin to question selling quickly.