Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Euro Championships

BigAl

Fuck the krankies.

Listening to them say they'd support England and sing along makes the point even stronger that they're both has-been thick cunts.

Well done Gordon Smart for answering:

"It's about rivalry. I've got two teams - Hibernian and Scotland. I'm afraid I don't just then automatically support my nearest geographical neighbour as a result of us going out of a tournament."

• Like 2

19 hours ago, manc_don said:

Absolutely jinxed it. Just rejoined the second half after my commute to work.  How's it been so far? Was absolutely cringe hearing the England fans in the stadium sing "it's coming home" 

Just sing the version I've been singing in my head each time I here it (I actually thought it might have been the Italians singing last night).

"It's going to Rome, It's going to Rome..."

10 hours ago, BigAl said:

After the free flowing football of earlier in the tournament, Italy seem to have reverted to type and become fairly defensive which is a shame as they were really entertaining and a joy to watch at the outset of the competition.

Was that not because of Busquet's controlling the game, the Spanish 2 touch slow build, and Dani Olmo causing them all kinds of problems at the back? England don't have a player of the quality of Busquets, they try to attack at speed, and they'd need one of their front 3 to be on absolute top form to replicate the impact of Olmo. 

If the guffies can get past the Danes, I can't see the Italians having much difficulty in beating them. 

Have to laugh at how much Schmeichel has wound them up too. "Has it ever come home?"?

12 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Fuck the krankies.

Listening to them say they'd support England and sing along makes the point even stronger that they're both has-been thick cunts.

Well done Gordon Smart for answering:

"It's about rivalry. I've got two teams - Hibernian and Scotland. I'm afraid I don't just then automatically support my nearest geographical neighbour as a result of us going out of a tournament."

I actually wish I was one of those people who could be happy for England winning a major tournament. For one, it would get rid of the mounting nausea and night terrors I've been experiencing at the prospect they might actually do it this time.

But then I take one look at Jordan Pickford scowling and my brain tells me they should all be burned.

• Haha 1

Disappointing. Better team won. A perfect example of why var is not required and adds nothing to the game. Imagine that incident occurred in Scotland with one of the scum? Who would define clear and obvious error? In my opinion that wasn't a penalty, but nor was it a clear and obvious error by the referee. But who defines that? If it can't be used tonight (correctly, in my opinion), then when can it be used, and why? What does it add to the sport? There's not been a single decision made in this tournament that has been contentious enough to warrant the stoppages, the ruining of the spontaneity and flow of the game caused by the abomination that is var. Why? Because the refereeing has been of a good standard. As it should be in every league in the world that can afford to implement var. I hope we never see it in Scotland, and I hope the TV watching anti-fitba fucks that arranged it admit they were wrong.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jute said:

What a goal for Denmark. Great free kick from Damsgaard. 

Sorry Jute I thought the goalkeeper should've saved that easily.

Funny though at the time.

Does anyone here actually believe it's all a bit of a fix?

Wembley for 3 out of 4 first games (all qualifying group ones at Wemvley...aye right)

And never a penalty!!!!

1 hour ago, scotfree said:

They're going to win this, aren't they... 

Starting to seriously look that way unfortunately, however there is still the potential outcome of losing the final on penalties to Italy that rather appeals to me ?

• Like 1

Well if their victory last night wouldn't have been remembered as being tainted on account of the award of a non penalty, it now transpires that Engerlund have been charged by UEFA as pictures have emerged of a laser having been shone in the eyes of Schmeichel's eyes at the penalty.

No doubt a slap on the wrists will be the result.

I'd be in favour of a more severe outcome. Replay the game tonight behind closed doors ? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Well if their victory last night wouldn't have been remembered as being tainted on account of the award of a non penalty, it now transpires that Engerlund have been charged by UEFA as pictures have emerged of a laser having been shone in the eyes of Schmeichel's eyes at the penalty.

I'd be in favour of a more severe outcome. Replay the game tonight behind closed doors ? 

I heard this earlier but why did Schmeichel not appeal immediately after.

44 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Too much hassle. Best just awarding the tournament to Italy.

• Haha 3