Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic Record

I've just had a difference of opinion with somebody at club over phone as to what counts as a genuine record.  For me it is four years since we beat Celtic in a competitive game as I don't count winning 1-0 at Parkhead on last day of 2017-18 season as Celtic had nothing to play for having won league.  Person I spoke to think it does matter.  Whose side do you side with??

5 minutes ago, SeeBass said:

I've just had a difference of opinion with somebody at club over phone as to what counts as a genuine record.  For me it is four years since we beat Celtic in a competitive game as I don't count winning 1-0 at Parkhead on last day of 2017-18 season as Celtic had nothing to play for having won league.  Person I spoke to think it does matter.  Whose side do you side with??

I'd agree with the person at the club. Of course we beat Celtic on the last day.

Given the way they punched and kicked our players at full time, I'd say they were pretty bothered about losing.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, tup1 said:

I'd agree with the person at the club. Of course we beat Celtic on the last day.

Given the way they punched and kicked our players at full time, I'd say they were pretty bothered about losing.

Is the totally correct answer Mr Tup

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tup1 said:

Celtic were well aware that the only way Aberdeen were guaranteed second place was if we defeated them, leaving sevco in third no matter what result they achieved. It will never be able to be proven of course...but I think they were more than happy to take the defeat in order to embarrass sevco.

53 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Celtic were well aware that the only way Aberdeen were guaranteed second place was if we defeated them, leaving sevco in third no matter what result they achieved. It will never be able to be proven of course...but I think they were more than happy to take the defeat in order to embarrass sevco.

What, so they just faked all the shots on goal and the visible annoyance at the end of the match? Celtic (the club, not the fans) benefit directly from the status quo, there's no way on earth they'd prefer Aberdeen to be sitting second ahead of the other scum (again, the club, not the fans).

57 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

No way, I disagree with that. Both Glasgow teams in fact go out of their way to help each other if you look a bit more closely. They are symbiotic.

Aberdeen earned the 3 points that day without a doubt. The media just portrayed it as Celtic lying down because basically our league is such a carve up that an away win in Glasgow for anyone is almost unthinkable, hence the incredulity from the sevco loving media afterward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

What, so they just faked all the shots on goal and the visible annoyance at the end of the match? Celtic (the club, not the fans) benefit directly from the status quo, there's no way on earth they'd prefer Aberdeen to be sitting second ahead of the other scum (again, the club, not the fans).

So why did Celtic the club vote against newco being allowed into the SPL in 2012?